The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That special Alita set is flying up the bestsellers chart, currently 23rd.

Looks like it might include a certificate hand-signed by Cameron, Rodriquez, and Landau. Someone on another site zoomed in on the card on the right side of this image and was able to make out the three names, each under a line assumedly for a signature. That would justify the higher price if true. Wish it was Rosa instead of Landau obviously.

alita_amazonrenders_047-jpg.435257

I would pay $200 if it had IMAX.

If you want your eye muscles to feel like someone is twisting them with a pair of plyers then use Active 3D.

Because of those stupid super expensive heavy ass active shutter glasses 3D never took off like it should have.

In the beginning yes active 3D was sharper with less ghosting artifacts and maybe even brighter but over time passive achieved parity with active and the glasses were light weight and inexpensive.
Glad I went for passive!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Looks like it might include a certificate hand-signed by Cameron, Rodriquez, and Landau. Someone on another site zoomed in on the card on the right side of this image and was able to make out the three names, each under a line assumedly for a signature. That would justify the higher price if true. Wish it was Rosa instead of Landau obviously.

alita_amazonrenders_047-jpg.435257

I would pay $200 if it had IMAX.
I believe the item description says it has the autographs. I know I read it somewhere.

To this day ive only ever seen passive 3D. How much of a difference is there between active and passive?

I have a passive set. Alot 3d movies dont work with passive. The active 3d sets are the ones that project the image coming out at you while the passive stays within the same picture frame or goes inward. They were working on a tech to make it so you no longer needed glasses when they stopped making 3d sets altogether.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Glad I went for passive!

I dont agree with the plier comment or the fact that passive ever met up to or matched the active quality. I have about 4-5 of the newer 3d movies that I cant watch with passive. Are there sets of glasses that came out with the newest passive tech that upped the bar that I dont know about?

I dont agree with the plier comment or the fact that passive ever met up to or matched the active quality. I have about 4-5 of the newer 3d movies that I cant watch with passive. Are there sets of glasses that came out with the newest passive tech that upped the bar that I dont know about?

I have about 100 3D movies, what movies do you feel don't work with passive 3D?

Ghost in the shell and The force awakens are two that come to mind. Are you saying you can watch those np? If so what glasses are you using?

TFA I have, and IMO, has excellent 3D. Especially with the Star Destroyer coming out of the screen.

I just use 3D glasses I bring home from the theater.

Do you see blur when you take off your glasses? Maybe the 3D feature on your TV or disc player isn't functioning properly?

I do, I dont think I noticed until last night that at least with my set, passive is center point any degree where you're not completely level with the TV then it doesnt work. I wasnt aware of this. Cant believe that I've missed that for 2 years. Not all titles are that way though. I just happened to slip in both the force awakens and ghost in the shell and stood directly in front of it and it's perfectly fine. ****** I mounted my TV a year ago and put it up higher to maximize space as I am only renting a room. Prices of cost of living in my part of California have doubled and are slowly crawling upwards. I pay for one room almost as much as my 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment 8 years ago. I guess I'll have to get a bar stool or something uncomfortable to sit on to watch my 3d now. :/

I do, I dont think I noticed until last night that at least with my set, passive is center point any degree where you're not completely level with the TV then it doesnt work. I wasnt aware of this. Cant believe that I've missed that for 2 years. Not all titles are that way though. I just happened to slip in both the force awakens and ghost in the shell and stood directly in front of it and it's perfectly fine. ****** I mounted my TV a year ago and put it up higher to maximize space as I am only renting a room. Prices of cost of living in my part of California have doubled and are slowly crawling upwards. I pay for one room almost as much as my 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment 8 years ago. I guess I'll have to get a bar stool or something uncomfortable to sit on to watch my 3d now. :/

Mine has a pretty wide viewing angle, but yeah, the TV definitely needs to be eye level in order to get much out of the 3D effect.

Mine has a pretty wide viewing angle, but yeah, the TV definitely needs to be eye level in order to get much out of the 3D effect.

I have the widest viewing angle as well but I was never made aware of this and being in the theater have never heard of such a thing. Is this something thats only relevant with passive or is active affected too in the same fashion? There is a 4k Samsung that's active which is what I want which is near me that's cheap because they are moving. And I'll lose 5 inches of viewing space but if it fixes the viewing issue I'm in

I have the widest viewing angle as well but I was never made aware of this and being in the theater have never heard of such a thing. Is this something thats only relevant with passive or is active affected too in the same fashion? There is a 4k Samsung that's active which is what I want which is near me that's cheap because they are moving. And I'll lose 5 inches of viewing space but if it fixes the viewing issue I'm in

I have no experience with active, so I don't know.

I have no experience with active, so I don't know.

Appreciate it Rush since I posted last a few mins ago and with the prospect of that active 4k set that's close I took the time and educated myself on Samsungs Active 3d viewing concept. You get 178° viewing where as with passive you only get 20°. I'm going all in. Thank you all with helping out!

It's been confirmed that the 4K Steelbooks for all three Iron Man films and the two Thor films are also being released on August 13th. That's going to be an expensive day.

Back