The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

So I am at Best Buy today looking for that Logan 4K 4 disc.

Best Buy online says it's in stock at the store i'm at.

The only ones I can find are the regular HD Blu-ray and my time was running short I had to pick up my son so I asked a Best Buy worker if he could look up the SKU for me he does and informs me that it is out of stock in that store for me to just ignore Best Buy.com because his inventory is updated and accurate no wonder I couldn't locate it I thought.

I was bummed out because I drove out of my way there just for that but I had to go time had run out for me, bummer and frustrating.

I turn the corner from where I was talking with the worker and right on the end cap are 6 copies of the Logan 4K 4 disc lol

Nice inventory checker there Best Buy.

The box is actually labeled having 4 discs unlike the online photos of it.

Last edited:

So I am at Best Buy today looking for that Logan 4K 4 disc.

Best Buy online says it's in stock at the store i'm at.

The only ones I can find are the regular HD Blu-ray and my time was running short I had to pick up my son so I asked a Best Buy worker if he could look up the SKU for me he does and informs me that it is out of stock in that store for me to just ignore Best Buy.com because his inventory is updated and accurate no wonder I couldn't locate it I thought.

I was bummed out because I drove out of my way there just for that but I had to go time had run out for me, bummer and frustrating.

I turn the corner from where I was talking with the worker and right on the end cap are 6 copies of the Logan 4K 4 disc lol

Nice inventory checker there Best Buy.

The box is actually labeled having 4 discs unlike the online photos of it.

Did he then tell you to not only ignore bestbuy.com but also your own eyes since his inventory is up to date, lol.

Alita: Battle Angel Limited Edition Collector’s Book Set through ComingSoon.net. Looks like it's available for pre-order on Amazon.

81PD4eOA9jL._SL1500_.jpg

Exclusive Highlights:
  • 64-Page Art Book “The Evolution of Alita”
  • Signed Certificate of Authenticity
  • 2 Framed Collectible Concept Art Prints

Amazon pre-order link, price is $199.99

Alita: Battle Angel Limited Edition Collector’s Book Set through ComingSoon.net. Looks like it's available for pre-order on Amazon.

81PD4eOA9jL._SL1500_.jpg

Exclusive Highlights:
  • 64-Page Art Book “The Evolution of Alita”
  • Signed Certificate of Authenticity
  • 2 Framed Collectible Concept Art Prints

Amazon pre-order link, price is $199.99
Looks nice, but $200!

But wait, I can get $20 off handyman services if I buy? SOLD!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
eef5173502f461a99b54e97333586236.jpg

Dude thanks so much for clarifying. I've almost pulled the trigger on cheap 4K Logan a number of times at BB but was confused since the back of the package never mentioned Noir. Now I know why.
Oh **** I wonder which I've bought now, grrr. I've never opened it but it's well good past the time to return now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think 8K will be skipped over by most basic consumers who will hang on to their 4K sets until a more significant change comes along. 4K just arrived and already they are pushing 8k. Seems about two years too soon. I don't think tv screens are quite as disposable as people's phones... yet anyway.
I still want to find a good if not great 4k with active 3D in it. I'm still using my 1080p 65"

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you want your eye muscles to feel like someone is twisting them with a pair of plyers then use Active 3D.

Because of those stupid super expensive heavy ass active shutter glasses 3D never took off like it should have.

In the beginning yes active 3D was sharper with less ghosting artifacts and maybe even brighter but over time passive achieved parity with active and the glasses were light weight and inexpensive.

Last edited:
Back