The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They freaking always do that! :slap

Like "oh yeah even though the human eye can't even detect the clarity of 4K it's blurry now" lol.

Flash forward to year 2040 for the inevitable 24k/16k comparison where 16k looks blurry. :lol

[emoji38]

I have yet to actually see an 8K screen, unless it's 100"+, I might not even realize it when I see it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just like with the 5G wireless rollout Samsung marketing their 8k flagship is mostly symbolic for 99% of the people and a real deal for the 1% who can afford it and even then it’s still just for bragging rights because there is no 8k content.

That being said my jaw will be on the ground 3 years from now when i’m holding an 8k disc at Best Buy.

I hit them all (Target, Walmart, BB) but my favorite selections were definately at BB but I got some jems from all 3 locations I had to walk off all that food.

$8 Hereditary!
$5 Dredd 3D!!

mjl.gif

Last edited:
Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Anyone take advantage of the 4K sales lastnight and today?

Really great selections.

I went nuts lol

4K TIH $10 I mean how can you not buy that.
Mostly got movies for the kids...

Home alone. $6
The greatest showman 4k $6
Hotel transylvania 3. $9
How to train your dragon 3d. $4
How to train your dragon 2 3d. $4
Antman and the Wasp 4K. $15
Tomorrowland. $10

Oh yeah, and Terminator 2 3D and TLJ 3D for $10 each.

Last edited:

I hit them all (Target, Walmart, BB) but my favorite selections were definately at BB but I got some jems from all 3 locations I had to walk off all that food.

$8 Hereditary!
$5 Dredd 3D!!

mjl.gif
Khev, had a bad influence on me, I went back and got...

Hereditary
And
X-Men Apocalypse 3D

Walmart was a waste of time for me this year. BB and Target were great though

Khev, had a bad influence on me, I went back and got...

Hereditary
And
X-Men Apocalypse 3D

Walmart was a waste of time for me this year. BB and Target were great though

:lol

I just got back from Target, picked up their last copy of Spidey: Homecoming on 4K for $9. :yess:

[emoji38]

I just got back from Target, picked up their last copy of Spidey: Homecoming on 4K for $9. :yess:
I really have to start waiting to buy everything on black Friday.

...of the movies I waited for. thinking they would have good black Friday deals, only 2 ended up a reality.

I was so sure Ragnarok 4K would have a great deal, but alas, I chose poorly.

Back from some more bluray shopping I was able to fill out the holes in my collection very nicely hell I even bought Ghost in the Shell lol

Oh and the 8K hype is REAL holy h christ my mind was freaking blown away lastnight in Manhattan.

The 3D effect is true the space inbetween the objects on the screen disappear so what happens is that the most forward objects look seperated from the background so you end up with a 3D effect going backwards into the screen NOT forward like in traditional 3D. Just incredible natural depth.

I’ll take it!

They had advertisement logos and other cgi graphics playing along with some live action advertisements and a few nature scenes with half of the images native 8k while others were 4k upconverted.

It didn’t matter all of it had that same 3D backwards effect.

The panels I observed were meant for industrial commercial applications not for consumers but they said it carried the same guts as the consumer models with only a few modifications.

What an amazing night I lucked out on the last minute invite plus I watched the Rockettes :drool

Back from some more bluray shopping I was able to fill out the holes in my collection very nicely hell I even bought Ghost in the Shell lol

Oh and the 8K hype is REAL holy h christ my mind was freaking blown away lastnight in Manhattan.

The 3D effect is true the space inbetween the objects on the screen disappear so what happens is that the most forward objects look seperated from the background so you end up with a 3D effect going backwards into the screen NOT forward like in traditional 3D. Just incredible natural depth.

I’ll take it!

They had advertisement logos and other cgi graphics playing along with some live action advertisements and a few nature scenes with half of the images native 8k while others were 4k upconverted.

It didn’t matter all of it had that same 3D backwards effect.

The panels I observed were meant for industrial commercial applications not for consumers but they said it carried the same guts as the consumer models with only a few modifications.

What an amazing night I lucked out on the last minute invite plus I watched the Rockettes :drool
That's glassless 3D?

Not sure if I want to see it, don't want something compelling me to spend more money.

the Yup no glasses.

Don’t think of it as traditional in your face 3D.

The image was so damn sharp and bright that the physical tv “screen” disappears and all that’s left are the objects that create the image ie; the people and their environment.

The image is still 2D but because you no longer see the pixels on the screen that make up the “empty space” the objects all seem perfectly seperated from each other causing a seamless near 3D like ambience that existed on that flat plain I was watching.

Just remarkable I am so very fortunate that a co hobbyist passed the word on my behalf for me to attend this very special “backroom” tech demo lastnight.

I was told that 8K panels are a plenty the wait is just for the software side to catch up but that there are plenty of corporate politics involved from Hollywood and electronics with the dragging of their feet with available 8k products for obvious profit reasons.

I was told that 8k could’ve easily been the next product upgrade after 1080p instead of 4K!

HDR wide color would’ve remained the brains of the upgrade while the resolution jump would’ve just been the necessary framework.

I was also told that the industry is very happy with how the term HDR has caught on just as much as the 4K terminology so they’re patting themselves on their back.

I asked if the rivalry between the giants (South Korea, Japan and now China) was real as in corporate espionage first to market stealing each others PR reputation thunder or are they working together conspiring against the consumer.

I was told both lol

Last edited:
Back