The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Target exclusive steel. Was this movie any good? The trailers made it look interesting.

51612505_Alt01

Also from Target, Preacher Season 1 steel book.

Preacher-first-season-steelbook-front.fit-to-width.1000x1000.q80.png

Preacher-first-season-steelbook-inside.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png
Preacher-first-season-steelbook-outside.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Sorry all, I should have included these three announcements in one post. I swear I'm not post-padding.

I was considering getting it, but then heard that there was no extended edition.

Have yet to see the movie, but I read somewhere that 30 minutes of film was cut, and the theatrical version comes across as choppy and uneven.

Looks like the Best Buy steelbook is overseas. The Walmart one is the one for the US. And you'll have to pick it up in store. Can't be ordered.

Yep. So no purchase for me.

I just ordered the 3D from BB. The steelbook is tempting, but I won't be getting to Walmart anytime soon so I'll probably miss out anyway.

BB's regular blu has 30 minutes of extra content. Not sure if that's a disc though.

Don Coscarelli's 'Phantasm' Blu-ray Bound

By Tom Landy
Sep 26, 2016

The horror classic has received a 4K restoration and will get a Blu-ray release in December.

In an early announcement to retailers, Well Go USA is working on 'Phantasm' for Blu-ray on December 6.

Since its release in 1979, director Don Coscarelli's epic tale of The Tall Man, his deadly silver Sentinel Spheres, and group the small town friends who must band together to stop his dimension-hopping schemes has captivated and terrified horror and sci-fi fans around the world. An immediate success, bringing in 40 times its production budget, the film has influenced generations of filmmakers.

Thirty-seven years later, Phantasm has been finally restored to its original glory by J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot and Coscarelli, with a stunning new 4K remaster and 5.1 surround sound mix from the original elements that ensures Phantasm will be around to scare the hell out of generations to come.
No other details have been revealed at this time.

You can find the latest specs for 'Phantasm' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it is indexed under December 6.

Back