The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

I have the original Beauty and the Beast blu release. Not sure the picture could be any better. Is this just a repackage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda. There's some new special features but i think there's also some missing from the previous release and there's four versions of the film this time. Theatrical, Extended with the Human Again song, Work-inprogress version and a sing along version. And no 3D disc.
I think if you already have the Diamond release there's no reason to get this one unless you're a huge fan who wants every release or want the new special features and cuts for the collection.

Kinda. There's some new special features but i think there's also some missing from the previous release and there's four versions of the film this time. Theatrical, Extended with the Human Again song, Work-inprogress version and a sing along version. And no 3D disc.
I think if you already have the Diamond release there's no reason to get this one unless you're a huge fan who wants every release or want the new special features and cuts for the collection.

Ok thanks for the info. I'll pass.

I owned the Work-in-progress laserdisc, it's really a great addition for any film buff.

A week later and I still can't seem to find a copy of the Transformers 30th anniversary Blu-Ray, so I decided to order it on Amazon. Apparently my local Best Buy got some in but they sold out quickly. :monkey2

Yeah I have the steel and the diamond release. Not sure I need this. If the image is same on the original release I have all I need.

I have the 3D version that came out a few years back, so I'm sticking with that.

Anyone getting Beauty and the Beast 25th Anniv Ed tomorrow?
I'm favoring the Target Exclusive version...

Don't know yet. I think I have the original Blu-Ray release (kind of sad when one can't remember what they have or may not have...)

I appreciate it, go ahead and sell it to another person I found a local seller this afternoon. :yess:

You are a good forum member. :hi5:

No worries, Jye. :duff

This MAY be an error on Best Buy's part, but it may be worth ordering now so they honor the price. There's a listing for a Best Buy exclusive steel book for a Laika 4 movie collection for $24.99! Listing confirms Kubo and the Two strings is one of the films, but doesn't list the other three films.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bd-kub...D=1&siteID=f7sX52tQY3I-IQBUAoSLZz0Pypj9csz8bg

However, a Walmart listing shows that the four films are Kubo, Coraline, Paranorman, and the Box Trolls...and Walmart has it for $69.98.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Ulti...d-The-Two-Strings-Blu-ray-Digital-HD/54427312

2ea9e72c-3699-4e6d-9fb6-ad8d9b5be1cb_1.94933df1d5c510f90c8a0920b51f2f68.jpeg

I went ahead and ordered from Best Buy. Even if the listing is in error, they have to honor the price, right?

A week later and I still can't seem to find a copy of the Transformers 30th anniversary Blu-Ray, so I decided to order it on Amazon. Apparently my local Best Buy got some in but they sold out quickly. :monkey2

I had to hit up eBay. Got one for a reasonable price. Some folks are asking 50 to 100 bucks :lol

I enjoyed Box Trolls. But at $24.99, that's around $6 for each flick on Blu-Ray in a steel book. Not bad.

Don't know yet. I think I have the original Blu-Ray release (kind of sad when one can't remember what they have or may not have...)

No worries, Jye. :duff

This MAY be an error on Best Buy's part, but it may be worth ordering now so they honor the price. There's a listing for a Best Buy exclusive steel book for a Laika 4 movie collection for $24.99! Listing confirms Kubo and the Two strings is one of the films, but doesn't list the other three films.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bd-kub...D=1&siteID=f7sX52tQY3I-IQBUAoSLZz0Pypj9csz8bg

However, a Walmart listing shows that the four films are Kubo, Coraline, Paranorman, and the Box Trolls...and Walmart has it for $69.98.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Ulti...d-The-Two-Strings-Blu-ray-Digital-HD/54427312

2ea9e72c-3699-4e6d-9fb6-ad8d9b5be1cb_1.94933df1d5c510f90c8a0920b51f2f68.jpeg

I went ahead and ordered from Best Buy. Even if the listing is in error, they have to honor the price, right?

I'm trying to take advantage of the price mistake on the Laika Collection, but the site won't let me checkout, so I'm afraid they may be correcting the mistake.

I really liked Paranorman, not o much Boxtrolls. Unfortunately I just bought Paranorman the other day.

Back