The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn them ! Just DAMN !

If its not like 30 minutes I'll pass !

Seriously! I really liked the movie, but I'm not buying it again, especially just 6 months after its initial release. Hate these ****** tactics by the studios, at least let the consumer know a special edition is on its way, because it will just bite them in the ass in the end.

I have no inside info, but they said they don't support 3D with UHD and have no plans to include the 3D BD in any release. It could always change eventually I guess.

I'm betting they will. They'll probably call it something like an "Ultimate" release. They will be in some sort of special packaging as well. I'd put money on it...or maybe I'm wrong lol.

I'm betting they will. They'll probably call it something like an "Ultimate" release. They will be in some sort of special packaging as well. I'd put money on it...or maybe I'm wrong lol.

I would not doubt that for a second. If they can make more money, they will.

So, there is a Special Edition of The Martian coming out on June 7th. So glad I bought the movie 2 months ago!

:mad:

Hmmmm. I missed picking this up when it was on sale at release. Maybe I'll grab this version.

Wow... Got some old darts here. 1971 for me.

I don't feel old. I think it'll finally hit me when I get in my mid-50's.

Wonder why TFA didn't get a UHD release...

That is a loaded question with a complicated answer. :lol

People might own 4K TV's now, and in all actuality not many do, but the % of customers who actually own a 4K player is astronomically low, as in almost non existent right now, very niche market.

There's also an HDR format war going on bts. :lol (for real though!)

PLUS, it is possible Disney will be releasing the unaltered OT in 1080p as a bonus with the 4K TFA or the unaltered in 4K on their own once this HDR nonsense has been resolved and the PS4K has been released to the masses.

PLUS, it is possible Disney will be releasing the unaltered OT in 1080p as a bonus with the 4K TFA or the unaltered in 4K on their own once this HDR nonsense has been resolved and the PS4K has been released to the masses.

:goodpost: Please be right. The OT in 4k without the added cgi crap please.

What's the debate over HDR? Are there multiple HDR formats?

:goodpost: Please be right. The OT in 4k without the added cgi crap please.

What's the debate over HDR? Are there multiple HDR formats?

There are, HDR10 v Dolby Vision.

Plus there's even a licensing battle over UHD Alliance Premium Certification labeling hence some of the 2016 4K HDR capable TV's NOT being labeled UHD Premium even though technically they are....sigh.

Get this, the 4K TV's from 2015 are already partially obsolete, only the 2016 mid to high end 4K models will be 100% HDR/10bit/WideColorGamut/P3ColorSpace ready with varying degree of performance % with the P3 Color Space!

The rule of thumb will be the more you spend the higher % of P3 Color will your TV be able to display.

I say partially for the 2015 models because at least they'll still be able to display at 4K resolution.

The 4K rollout so far has been a soft controlled disaster. :lol

It might never even take off, it just might remain a niche market while 1080p discs and streaming services equally and successfully share the bulk of the purchases

Last edited:
At $30 a pop, most people aren't going to double dip the discs. Some aren't going to pay that much to begin with, not when they can get blus for half that.

Back