The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would much prefer nicer packaging, artwork and/or a booklet rather than a DVD and digital copy. But I would be happy if all Blu-rays came with lamp.

In an early announcement to retailers, MGM has revealed that it will release on Blu-ray two classic Alfred Hitchcock films: Rebecca (1940), starring Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine, and Notorious (1946), starring Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman.

In 1941, Rebecca won Oscar Awards for Best Picture and Best Cinematography, Black-and-White (George Barnes). In 1946, Notorious was nominated for the Grand Prize at the Cannes Film Festival.

Exact technical specs, supplemental features and region coding status for these releases are unknown at the moment, but the preliminary release date for the two Blu-rays set by the studio is January 24th.

In an early announcement to retailers, MGM has revealed that it will release on Blu-ray two Woody Allen films: Annie Hall (1977), winner of four Oscar Awards, including Best Picture and Best Director, and Manhattan (1979), winner of BAFTA Awards for Best Film and Best Screenplay.

Exact technical specs, supplemental features and region coding status for these releases are unknown at the moment, but the preliminary release date set by the studio is January 24th.

More Hitchcock :yess:

The only thing stopping me jumping with extreme joy is that it's MGM. They very Universal in their Blu-Ray releases.

More Hitchcock :yess:

The only thing stopping me jumping with extreme joy is that it's MGM. They very Universal in their Blu-Ray releases.

I predict some bare bone releases.

I hate that if you want to buy a movie now a days you get three copies

I'm tempted to be cheap and start putting my DVDs and digital copies on eBay for low Buy It Nows. :lol

I'm tempted to be cheap and start putting my DVDs and digital copies on eBay for low Buy It Nows. :lol

I've done it, makes sense if I'm never going to use them. The only time I like having the DVD is with Disney and kid's movies. I give them the DVD for the car and the Blu is for home.

I predict some bare bone releases.

There will probably be a couple special features on it, like with Some Like It Hot, but they will most likely not do a whole lot, except make some fugly covers.

I bet there will be buyers for them.

There will probably be a couple special features on it, like with Some Like It Hot, but they will most likely not do a whole lot, except make some fugly covers.

I bet there will be buyers for them.

But what other choice do we have? Criterion does not have the license right?

Back