The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I abhor four dot ellipses. I have a typography background, and also close my eyes whenever the end of the crawl comes up. It seems obvious that the forced fourth dot is there to complete the full justification of the text.

:thwak

I abhor four dot ellipses.

PacmanAni.gif

meh month for me as well

Did preorder both Anatomy and World on a Wire blu from Amazon for $16.xx each, as they both have the wrong suggested retail price.

:yess: :yess: :yess:

Next year, Universal Studios Home Entertainment will bring To Kill a Mockingbird to Blu-ray. One of the most beloved American films ever made, director Robert Mulligan's adaptation of Harper Lee's novel stars Gregory Peck (The Guns of Navarone) as Atticus Finch, an Alabama lawyer who defends an African-American man accused of raping a white woman. Finch's legal efforts profoundly impact his two young children who are already struggling with the challenges of early adolescence.

The winner of three Academy Awards - Best Actor: Gregory Peck; Best Art Direction: Alexander Golitzen, Henry Bumstead, & Oliver Emert; and Best Adapted Screenplay: Horton Foote - To Kill a Mockingbird also features James Anderson (Little Big Man), Frank Overton (Star Trek: The Original Series), Brock Peters (Soylent Green), William Windom (Planes, Trains & Automobiles), and, in his feature-film debut, Robert Duvall (Lonesome Dove).

Newly restored from high resolution 35MM original film elements, Universal's Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack presents the film in its original aspect ratio of 1.85:1 with both 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 DTS audio tracks. In addition to Universal's U-Control, BD-Live, pocket BLU, Keyboard, and uHear functionalities, the disc contains a number of bonus materials, including:
Feature commentary with director Robert Mulligan and producer Alan Pakula
Fearful Symmetry feature-length documentary
A Conversation with Gregory Peck feature-length documentary
100 Years of Universal: Restoring the Classics featurette on the film's restoration process
Gregory Peck's 1963 Academy Award acceptance speech and his remarks upon receiving the AFI Life Achievement Award
Excerpt from Cecilia Peck's Tribute To Gregory Peck
Scout Remembers featurette with actress Mary Badham
Original theatrical trailer

Universal is also releasing a commemorative Limited Edition Collector's Series Blu-ray edition with all of the same features.

To Kill a Mockingbird streets on January 31st, 2012.

16774_large.jpg

Awesome news! To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my all-time favorites too. I'll definitey get the collector's edition.

Back