The Anatomy of a Pose - A Central Hub for Tips and Tricks to Better Your Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And some more...

Christopher Reeve's Superman advances determinedly to face, well... something, until somebody makes a General Zod.
IMG_E0789.jpg

How I display TDKR Batman and Catwoman.
IMG_E0793.jpg

Harley and her boyfriend having their "TA-DA!" moment.
IMG_E0799.jpg

And finally...

Kaustic Plastik's awesome Roman General sporting his finely embroidered toga at his Triumph in the streets of Rome.
IMG_E0795.jpg

And two looks at the amazing Mafex Giger alien. I finally switched the head to the Rambaldi version and posed him in the Kotobukiya display.
IMG_E0796.jpg

IMG_E0797.jpg

I'll see if I also post these pics in the relevant threads to show some love for these older figures...

Oh, what the hell, here's a couple more...

Before Boba's infamous deal with the Empire that helped him secure Jabba's reward for Solo, it was well known that there was no love lost between the Bounty Hunter and the Smuggler, who'd had a few run-ins over the years, none of which had resulted fatal for either.

IMG_0806.jpg

EDIT: Odd... it's the first time a pic gets posted sideways.

Wahhhh :horror

:thud:

Saving beautiful maidens in distress, just the a regular day's work for a Knight... Are plastic boobies allowed? If not, please delete or let me know and I'll take the pic down. This is of course PopToys excellent "Saint Knight" figure (really beautifully made) and one of TBLeague's older bodies (a 09 I believe) that I got a long time ago to use for a Milla Jovovich custom that I never got around to. The head is some Black Widow knock-off.
View attachment 474301

I love how you can tell a story with a pose, even if it's only one tantalizing sentence of a story.

A few contributions:

Attachments

• joker bad influence.jpg
    joker bad influence.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 275
  • joker escape.jpg
    joker escape.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 277
  • comic diversion.jpg
    comic diversion.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 282
  • Ghostbusters All Wrapped Up.jpg
    Ghostbusters All Wrapped Up.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 284
  • along_came_a_wolf_by_thedollknight_da0n3zb.jpg
    along_came_a_wolf_by_thedollknight_da0n3zb.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 281
  • Cowgirl Dark Room.jpg
    Cowgirl Dark Room.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 278
  • lets make some noise.jpg
    lets make some noise.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 282
  • sucker punch matrix style.jpg
    sucker punch matrix style.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 284
  • The Battle of Oppy Woods.jpg
    The Battle of Oppy Woods.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 283
^^ Awesome setups! :clap :clap

Man, I'd definitely want a CooModel Werewolf, they seem so scarce. I like how have a few Sideshow Timbers in there too.

The last thing some rebel scum wants to run into, an Imperial patrol with little patience at the end of a long day safeguarding the peace in the unruly outposts of the galaxy.

IMG_0824.jpg

From left to right:
Stock HT ROTJ, kit bashed SSC with HT ROTJ abdomen armour and codpiece, kit bashed HT ROTJ with HT ANH chest/abdomen armour & codpiece, and SSC belt.
Oddly enough, I really like the "hang" of the SSC trooper, looks very natural.

Revival time. I posted in the Star Wars forum and got on an improv TED talk about display and posing. Time to continue the fight against tacky displays one pose at a time. Come contribute!

Love the use of the ooze Monte!

Never underestimate the power of expression hands for "at the draw" positioning. Don't forget to readjust gauntlets to align with wrist anatomy and gloves!
835fdd9168da5cca20854dd9b0566498.jpg

Back