The Anatomy of a Pose - A Central Hub for Tips and Tricks to Better Your Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a photography guy but I am a poser of action figures and here is one that took an hour. Only the Archangel is anchored by something. Everything else is lean or gravity pose. The Wolverine cannonball special and getting Beast to stay in that pose is what took the longest.

XmuC8Yy.jpg

Yeah, love that Trooper!

Haven’t contributed in a while, so here’s something slightly different.

a9b736a4b99c4901206f3c37eaaccc31.jpg

8431d29b6f7e699e9f152ef6ade603a4.jpg

In my experience, just about any figure can be posed free-standing, it’s just a matter of balance.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

The first photo is a terrible pose! Not because of anything you did, but all I can see is the, "Oh look, a penny!" meme. :D

As troops get ready for their different missions, tensions flare between a couple of Hoth veterans and regular troops as a couple of Special Ops look on with amusement.

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

Sorry for the iPhone pics, just having a bit of fun with the troops...

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

So I'm having a bit of a slow day in my Work From Home capacity, so I decided to share some pics.
As always, forgive the crappy filtered iPhone photos.

First off, Mr. Spock finds Don Vito's offer fascinating, but is quite sure the Captain will refuse.
IMG_E0781.jpg

Next, some oldies but goodies (IMHO at least). Universal's Big Three. I've been thinking about updating the bodies on these... I think the Wolfman could especially benefit from a better body. Actually, updating the clothing would go a long way to making these look better.
IMG_E0782.jpg

Saving beautiful maidens in distress, just the a regular day's work for a Knight... Are plastic boobies allowed? If not, please delete or let me know and I'll take the pic down. This is of course PopToys excellent "Saint Knight" figure (really beautifully made) and one of TBLeague's older bodies (a 09 I believe) that I got a long time ago to use for a Milla Jovovich custom that I never got around to. The head is some Black Widow knock-off.
IMG_E0784.JPG

Old Ben. I really believe I nailed this pose, so I decided to photograph it again. It's a stock Sideshow figure with added belly and some futzing.
IMG_E0785.jpg

This is probably close to blasphemy :rotfl :
My spare Hot Toys ESB Luke sporting Medicom gear and wielding the Sideshow hilt.
IMG_E0787.JPG

Back