The All Things THE DEAD Thread (read)- BRAINSSSSS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After all our input of likes and dislikes on this forum or on this thread how does sideshow not know what we want?..I mean they read the threads dont they?..

After all our input of likes and dislikes on this forum or on this thread how does sideshow not know what we want?..I mean they read the threads dont they?..

I think it's because the people posting only make up a small percentage of the buying public and our words alone aren't enought for them to make the investment.

I can't believe went to this silly statues and crap after having a totally unique 12 inch line. Noone else really makes any 1/6th zombies (except for a few oddball figs here and there)

I think it's because the people posting only make up a small percentage of the buying public and our words alone aren't enought for them to make the investment.
I can't believe went to this silly statues and crap after having a totally unique 12 inch line. Noone else really makes any 1/6th zombies (except for a few oddball figs here and there)

No, they've actually changed things when the uproar is loud enough here. But they have to care first. Then be realistic. Unfortunately, the lack of interest in the UC PF (projected unsuccess of the upcoming zombie knight) and hardsale of the LSBs will result in a tempertantrum-esque statement about how "collectors lack of interest in The Dead is what led us to pause the line." vs. them admitting to making poor choices/decisions.

No, they've actually changed things when the uproar is loud enough here. But they have to care first. Then be realistic. Unfortunately, the lack of interest in the UC PF (projected unsuccess of the upcoming zombie knight) and hardsale of the LSBs will result in a tempertantrum-esque statement about how "collectors lack of interest in The Dead is what led us to pause the line." vs. them admitting to making poor choices/decisions.

Yeah, that is what actually pissed me off about the new direction of the line when they dropped doing 12 inchers, and really, when they decided on the pro body + price increases. Pro body because I think it isnt really needed for these and it raised the price, and the other items just seem like a crap sideshow take on items you could already get from smaller producers. Zombie statues and stuff have always been available, but the Dead were the ONLY 6th scale series that someone could build a horde with. (I can't complain too much, I have something like 25 zombies and my detolf is crammed full, but I had to make most of them, and I like sideshow's sculpts on the 6th scale line)

I don't mind waiting, or that they are items I do not want, but I do mind that they very likely murdered the line by making this junk.

That and the fact that the Jason statue is still up for PO and they are trying to lure people into Spook with an AP of it, shows the lack of interest in Horror figs.

Spook will have the Jason PF and the new Knight Zombie, but that will be it. :(

That and the fact that the Jason statue is still up for PO and they are trying to lure people into Spook with an AP of it, shows the lack of interest in Horror figs.

Spook will have the Jason PF and the new Knight Zombie, but that will be it. :(

Poor examples. The Jason maquette was a poor chose on Sideshow's part. As will be the zombie knight. Watch the Pt. III Jason PF for an accurate representation of how well horror sells. I'm predicting a frenzy during PPO and a sell out.

I don't think there is a lack of interest in horror at all.

I think it's a lack of interest in some of these bloated, self-indulgent "artistic interpretations" that SS has been getting a bit too carried away with lately, e.g. the forthcoming Jason polystone statue.

aw, I have to say I'm pretty pissed off about this. When The Dead 1st arrived I had kinda hoped for at least six a year (like most lines, LDD's etc)

I think the mistake was to go for the more expensive bodies. I loved the old ones like 57,05, santa etc which I still butcher to use for customs. The thing with the price is that there is sooooo much zombie stuff out there to collect that a very expensive figure might not be on the top of a collectors priority list when they could stock up on a few dvd's, books and cheaper toys for the same price.

On a brighter note I see there are a lot of sculptors ad customisers popping up on eBay. If you can overlook the Action Man covered in red paint then there are quite a few good figures out there.

And with a bit of luck there might be a 2nd rising when the Walking Dead series airs. I hear theres a few good zed films coming out next year too so fingers crossed for a WWZ line. I'd prefer SS to pick up the liscence for that kind of thing but I would settle for Amok Time.

Re: The dead. Patient #1

It's the first one they released, but he is Patient Zero. Very rare, hard to find and very expensive if you do.

Re: The dead. Patient #1

It's the first one they released, but he is Patient Zero. Very rare, hard to find and very expensive if you do.

Thanks for your kind explanation. I have this rare item but I think I am not still allowed to put it on sale in this forum due to the rules.

Back