The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The "All things Terminator" thread.

T1 John is the best because the words of his future rise is more bad ass then showing a spoiled brat kid, Druggie dumb ass, cancer throat and British invasion Conner who is a cyborg. Honestly just the words said by Reese about John is the best. Plain and simple. We havent had the perfect John yet but bale was the closest even if he uses the batman voice. Didn't mind Genysis John either but the whole him being a machine was kind of stupid. So not shown John was the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

T2 John is the best.

The unflinching general being saluted as he walks past his soldiers in the underground bunker, looking through the night vision binoculars. Furlong is second best. He had a compassion that Sarah didn't have that would make him a great leader of the human resistance.

None of the others matter.

It's amazing how John Connor still doesn't have a movie depicting his rise to fame and major victory over Skynet.

He's arguably the most important character in the Terminator universe, yet so far we've only heard of his "greatness" or seen him before he's in his prime as a soldier and as a leader.

John Connor is not just respected by his peers, he's almost worshipped to the point Kyle Reese said he'd died for John Connor...and he did. It makes you wonder what exactly did Connor do that it had such a powerful impact on Kyle to risk his life in a suicide mission by time traveling to an unknown place to fight a machine with primitive weapons.

That's the story I wanted to see told--how did John Connor get Messiah status? I'd love to see another Terminator show that concentrated on his life from the bombs dropping to sending Reese back in time.

I'm in the same camp, but I feel it would be ruined tremendously. I think some legends should just be left alone since there seems to be too much of a margin for error. Completely different situation obviously, but I can only compare an attempt at a John Connor legend origin story to what the Metal Gear Solid series did for Big Boss, who's the biggest legend in the series if you don't know. He got one good story, with a tremendous drop off with sequels which in my opinion completely obliterated everything that he was propped up to be.

At this point, since were doomed with sequel after sequel of Terminator... just give me one goddamn movie already set in the future with Nuclear Winter in full affect and everything with a blue hue to it.

And for the love of God, don't get Skynet a face or a personality... it should just be a soulless calculating entity.

I can't get behind Bale's Connor - not only does he stupidly shout all the time but he ****ing tells everyone he is supposed to be the resistance leader and tells everyone who his parents are - including a cyborg who he thinks is there to kill him. Beyond idiotic.

I think Jason Clarke played a much better John. When fake Reese asks him how he seems to know everything he smiles and says nothing...or at least doesn't come out with the truth. So I gather from that that he hasn't been making the ridiculous errors of judgement that Bale's Connor did. And I liked Clarke's general demeanour in the role. He did well with what he had.

Again though, only T1 and T2 are canon to me.

If only he wasn't the villain.

He was the best character in Genisys.

I'm in the same camp, but I feel it would be ruined tremendously. I think some legends should just be left alone since there seems to be too much of a margin for error. Completely different situation obviously, but I can only compare an attempt at a John Connor legend origin story to what the Metal Gear Solid series did for Big Boss, who's the biggest legend in the series if you don't know. He got one good story, with a tremendous drop off with sequels which in my opinion completely obliterated everything that he was propped up to be.

At this point, since were doomed with sequel after sequel of Terminator... just give me one goddamn movie already set in the future with Nuclear Winter in full affect and everything with a blue hue to it.

And for the love of God, don't get Skynet a face or a personality... it should just be a soulless calculating entity.

I agree, but you leave Big Boss alone...he's a legend, he killed that big titty ***** and he only had one eye! :cuss :lol

What if the legend was just that, something that never happened and John Connor is really a fraud, but he uses it to inspire and to get the soldiers to trust him ? Now that's a twist, unlike evil John from Genesis :lol

I agree, but you leave Big Boss alone...he's a legend, he killed that big titty ***** and he only had one eye! :cuss :lol

What if the legend was just that, something that never happened and John Connor is really a fraud, but he uses it to inspire and to get the soldiers to trust him ? Now that's a twist, unlike evil John from Genesis :lol

Big Boss should of had a one a done. You didn't need any further exposure to understand his motives. None of his sequels added anymore depth to him. It was just milking at that point.

As for John, only Cameron knows. And it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but we don't even know if there was one John considering there had to be a time travel free timeline in the very beginning. Skynet wasn't created through the 84 Endo's chip, and John was not conceived by Sarah.

s0Sa97b.gif

It's not exactly my favorite, but my HT Arnie is lonely.

My 1/6 Terminator collection so far and few more to go in the future. I never knew I would go all out with so many variants.

27661371804_d502c9d1b8_b.jpg

Love that shot of all your figures--makes me want to buy more 1/6 Terminators. I found out my Cameron heads are finished so they should be shipping soon. :rock

Love that shot of all your figures--makes me want to buy more 1/6 Terminators. I found out my Cameron heads are finished so they should be shipping soon. :rock

That's good news! You're gonna love Cameron since the sculpt is up there with the DX13. Do you have multiples of the T-800 as well? I had to because they all come with 2 heads plus Pliss had 2 of each, which I envy. :lol

That's good news! You're gonna love Cameron since the sculpt is up there with the DX13. Do you have multiples of the T-800 as well? I had to because they all come with 2 heads. :lol

I have two of the DX13. I need to get off my ass and pick up the other ones. I bought a couple Terminator statue pieces instead of the 1/6 figures when they were available. Seeing them all together like that makes me want more 1/6 now though.

I have two of the DX13. I need to get off my ass and pick up the other ones. I bought a couple Terminator statue pieces instead of the 1/6 figures when they were available. Seeing them all together like that makes me want more 1/6 now though.

Yeah I love the statues (especially that T1 Police Shootout) but I'd prefer all of them consistent in one scale.

Personally, as good as the DX13 is, my favorite is tied between the Tech Noir MMS136 and Cameron. They both look like they're ready to rip anyone's head off, which is what Terminators should look like. :lol

Last edited:

Yeah I love the statues (especially that T1 Police Shootout) but I'd prefer all of them in consistent in one scale.

Personally, as good as the DX13 is, my favorite is tied between the Tech Noir MMS136 and Cameron. They both look like they're ready to rip anyone's head off, which is what Terminators should look like. :lol

The Tech Noir is the one I wish I would have just bought when it came out. I'll pick one or two up eventually.

Back