The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The "All things Terminator" thread.

:lol yeah I got an email about that. The further away SSC stays from my money, the better. Never cared for their PFs and the like.

Just give me a 1/6 T1/T2 endo already. I can't bring myself to get the 1/4 scale due to it being well, out of scale.

It's got a lot of inaccuracies as well. The skull is all kinds of wrong. Plus, fingers fall off on a lot of them.

I've considered selling mine but I reposed it recently and turned it sideways - the skull doesn't look quite so crap from the side :lol

Completely forgot to take pics last night, but I got my old ones. The DX13s have their grenade slings in the proper position now after the discussion in the thread that it's actually pulled to a different position from the "I'll be back" scene forward.

ah6usmc.jpg

WPWVGGw.jpg

tkfMsS8.jpg

Wg92B8o.jpg

SNiuYRu.jpg

p12GJa8.jpg

eQJEUuY.jpg

tHM0uxa.jpg

sGvXVID.jpg

EETSM3d.jpg

tteJNQv.jpg

XOEBdLL.jpg

MRtLuKc.jpg

w0Twi4M.jpg

HnJOrAQ.jpg

aaTaYUV.jpg

zXM9pfc.jpg

Absolutely perfect and I wouldn't buy anything else! :clap

I still need another DX13 and one more 238 and I'm done. And yeah, the bandolier on the BD should be at a completely different place than the cyberdyne look since he slides it back.

Yeah. I've always noticed the sling later in the film, but for some reason it was one of those things you see but doesn't really register until it's pointed out :lol

Just picked up the 2015 edition of T2 and I honestly think it's superior to the Skynet Edition in every way. Gone is the DNR that makes the cast look waxy in you get an improved picture that feels much more 3 dimensional. The special features from the Ultimate DVD are also restored and you no longer have to deal with that retarded menu and the movie plays within seconds. It's still not perfect and the picture is still doesn't beat the T1 remaster but consider this upgrade if you're a big fan of T2.

28646429135_1717778851_c.jpg

Just picked up the 2015 edition of T2 and I honestly think it's superior to the Skynet Edition in every way. Gone is the DNR that makes the cast look waxy in you get an improved picture that feels much more 3 dimensional. The special features from the Ultimate DVD are also restored and you no longer have to deal with that retarded menu and the movie plays within seconds. It's still not perfect and the picture is still doesn't beat the T1 remaster but consider this upgrade if you're a big fan of T2.

28646429135_1717778851_c.jpg

Thanks for the info!

Got me these recently have yet to see them but they seem to be veryyyyy good.
https://www.horrordvds.com/community/threads/terminator-1-2-projects.46312/

My next T2 purchase will be the 3D.

If they don't mess up with the PQ!

Thanks for the info!

Got me these recently have yet to see them but they seem to be veryyyyy good.
https://www.horrordvds.com/community/threads/terminator-1-2-projects.46312/

You're welcome!

Wait, T1 with the original mono mix?? Where can I get one? :drool

I can't stand the 5.1 mix, it sounds fake and a lot was taken out. Mono mix all the way for me.

Looks like the tracker where they were uploaded is closed.
Contact the op. of the thread he Will let yu know where they are.

I was watching Terminator again and it made me think, Arnold would have SUCKED as Kyle Reese. Michael Biehn brought a softness and a vulnerability to the character that Arnold could never bring.
Arnold would make a good solider but the tender moments with sarah would have sucked :lol the movie is so intense at times BECAUSE of how weak Kyle becomes at some parts of the movie, either from being injured or just for being less strong than the Terminator.

Arnold could never portray that weakness, Arnold (Even injured) could not portray the level of vulnerability Michael did.

Arnold was perfect for the Terminator the same way Michael was perfect for Kyle Reese. a perfect combination. Im pretty happy Arnold didn't take the soldier role. glad he talked Cameron to making him terminator. it was perfect.

Looks like the tracker where they were uploaded is closed.
Contact the op. of the thread he Will let yu know where they are.

Oh, thanks!

I was watching Terminator again and it made me think, Arnold would have SUCKED as Kyle Reese. Michael Biehn brought a softness and a vulnerability to the character that Arnold could never bring.
Arnold would make a good solider but the tender moments with sarah would have sucked :lol the movie is so intense at times BECAUSE of how weak Kyle becomes at some parts of the movie, either from being injured or just for being less strong than the Terminator.

Arnold could never portray that weakness, Arnold (Even injured) could not portray the level of vulnerability Michael did.

Arnold was perfect for the Terminator the same way Michael was perfect for Kyle Reese. a perfect combination. Im pretty happy Arnold didn't take the soldier role. glad he talked Cameron to making him terminator. it was perfect.

Arnold was too big to be a future soldier and would have looked out of place. Based on the story the movie was selling, no soldier would realistically looked like a body builder, let alone Mr Universe. On top of that, Arnold can't act in 1984- having him cast as Reese would certainly not make the franchise (and Arnold) as popular as they are today. It was a great last minute call be Cameron.

On a side note, I love that they are obvious burn marks from laser rifles on Reese's body. Anybody remember the super jacked up, baby skin Reese from Geneshyte? :yuck

I definitely liked how rough Kyle looked, hungry, sleep deprived. he definitely sold the whole thing, it's so great. the nervousness, the paranoia.
makes the movie perfect

Absolutely. Sigourney Weaver spoke to Biehn at SDCC and said no one would have played Hicks (in Aliens) better. Same goes for Reese....well certainly Arnold wouldn't have played it better anyway :lol

The right roles went to the right people in that film.

Back