The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Well then becareful because the other Irish could be lurking.

7a428364e9f1efaf78d703321310df15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well then becareful because the other Irish could be lurking.

7a428364e9f1efaf78d703321310df15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol :lol

That explains all the Infinity Stones that just popped up in the For Sale section, lol.

:lol I know now what you both did there

It looks like so far it is performing worse than T5. I hope that crap will fail big time.

Good. It sucks for Linda Hamilton's return but this 'passing the torch' 'new trilogy' nonsense needs to end.

I managed to watch Dark Fate a couple of days ago and it was.. alright. It's nowhere near the levels of T1, T2 and TSCC but leaps and bounds ahead of the last 3 films. The main draw is the acting and I think the main cast deserves praise. I only recently noticed that there's a small movement against the film and I struggle to comprehend what's so offensive in the film. I remember being hugely upset by how bad the writing in Genysis was but this is not that at all. I guess the only two things I didn't liked was the twist with the T-800 and the utterly unremarkable score by Junkie XL that doesn't feel worthy of a franchise of this magnitude.

The closest I could compare this movie with is that it reminds me of the 2014 Robocop reboot, where it turned out neither a disaster nor anything remarkable. Overall I'd say it's a decent, harmless film.

I managed to watch Dark Fate a couple of days ago and it was.. alright. It's nowhere near the levels of T1, T2 and TSCC but leaps and bounds ahead of the last 3 films. The main draw is the acting and I think the main cast deserves praise. I only recently noticed that there's a small movement against the film and I struggle to comprehend what's so offensive in the film. I remember being hugely upset by how bad the writing in Genysis was but this is not that at all. I guess the only two things I didn't liked was the twist with the T-800 and the utterly unremarkable score by Junkie XL that doesn't feel worthy of a franchise of this magnitude.

The closest I could compare this movie with is that it reminds me of the 2014 Robocop reboot, where it turned out neither a disaster nor anything remarkable. Overall I'd say it's a decent, harmless film.

Well it's offensive because no one ever watched that final emotional scene in T2 and had to think

Spoiler Spoiler:

until now. It retroactively ruins T2's ending. Heck it ruins T1 aswell. It was all pointless. The characters fought for nothing and achieved nothing.

That of course is if you accept Dark Fate as canon as Cameron apparently wants us to. We can just ignore him thankfully
Spoiler Spoiler:

Well it's offensive because no one ever watched that final emotional scene in T2 and had to think

I see your point but it's not the first time the franchise did something of this magnitude. T3 killed Sarah off screen, TSCC implied she'll be dead soon and Genysis even went as far as erasing T1 and T2 out of its' new continuity (which I think is the worst offender in the history of the franchise). The franchise is pretty much a comic book multiverse right now with literally 5(!) separate contradicting stories that takes place after T2 with each of them claiming to be a sequel to it so I guess I went in the theaters with tempered expectations as long as they made good on the promise of Linda Hamilton kicking ass again, which she does.

Besides, we all know there will be another Terminator movie. There will also be another Marvel movie. Another Batman movie, another Star Wars movie, etc. Heck, they'll probably announce a Back to the Future remake soon with a time travelling iPhone that zaps you into the past when post selfies on Intsagram. I'm definitely not gonna waste my time getting triggered since unlike the Terminator. I don't have a power cell that lasts 120 years.

That's awesome! I was about to repaint the Tech Noir Battle Damaged head and that's the perfect reference shot!

How tacky to have a pinata drop down right in the middle of such a gut-wrenching scene, lol.

And just the fact that I deliberately clicked on that just a few days before the film's release really shows how little I care this time around.

I think that's a great scene!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hey Jim! What'd you think of Alien: Covenant??

"I thought that Alien: Covenant was a great ride. It was beautiful. I love Ridley's films, I love his filmmaking; I love the beauty of the photography. I love the visceral sense that you're that, that you're present. It's not a film that I would have made. I hope I'm not spoiling this for anybody, but I don't like films where you invest in a character and they get destroyed at the end. So, I would not have made that film."

:slap

But yeah that DF scene would have worked really well as a fake-out dream sequence, especially since it would have paralled Sarah's nuclear nightmares in T2.

I see your point but it's not the first time the franchise did something of this magnitude. T3 killed Sarah off screen, TSCC implied she'll be dead soon and Genysis even went as far as erasing T1 and T2 out of its' new continuity (which I think is the worst offender in the history of the franchise). The franchise is pretty much a comic book multiverse right now with literally 5(!) separate contradicting stories that takes place after T2 with each of them claiming to be a sequel to it so I guess I went in the theaters with tempered expectations as long as they made good on the promise of Linda Hamilton kicking ass again, which she does.

Besides, we all know there will be another Terminator movie. There will also be another Marvel movie. Another Batman movie, another Star Wars movie, etc. Heck, they'll probably announce a Back to the Future remake soon with a time travelling iPhone that zaps you into the past when post selfies on Intsagram. I'm definitely not gonna waste my time getting triggered since unlike the Terminator. I don't have a power cell that lasts 120 years.

I'll put all this in spoilers because people could read into what we're talking about even if we don't explicitly say it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I say all this only to explain why people are more pissed off by this than anything before.

Back