The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man this brings back memories:

To this day I remember watching that episode of S&E when it aired and seeing Arnold's "I'll be back" scene for the first time via the clip they played. Even seeing it out of context it kind of freaked me out as a kid. It's so cool to think back to when films like this *weren't* iconic and were simply brand new action flicks about characters that people were discovering for the first time.

I love Ebert's comment that it felt like "Dirty Harry and Mad Max meet the killer from Halloween." That's about as badass a combination of movies as I can imagine, lol.

And lol at idiot Siskel thinking that Arnold and Reese came from another planet. :lol

Damn that?s a bad ass description

Watch DF be better than TROS lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Man this brings back memories:

To this day I remember watching that episode of S&E when it aired and seeing Arnold's "I'll be back" scene for the first time via the clip they played. Even seeing it out of context it kind of freaked me out as a kid. It's so cool to think back to when films like this *weren't* iconic and were simply brand new action flicks about characters that people were discovering for the first time.

I love Ebert's comment that it felt like "Dirty Harry and Mad Max meet the killer from Halloween." That's about as badass a combination of movies as I can imagine, lol.

And lol at idiot Siskel thinking that Arnold and Reese came from another planet. :lol

Siskel definitely was an idiot. The Terminator ended up on the list of top 100 best movies ever made. Ebert had the correct analysis here. It is a great action, horror and romance story all in one. Who cares if the special effects weren't top shelf. They did what they could with the money they had.

Do we know if Furlong really came out of the urine-soaked drug den he lives in to actually film a cameo for this movie?

He's roughly three times the size he was in the 1991 movie, and nothing about his face or voice even match.

Surely they just brought some kid in and put a cartoon face over him like in Rogue One and BR 2049, right?

Do we know if Furlong really came out of the urine-soaked drug den he lives in to actually film a cameo for this movie?

He's roughly three times the size he was in the 1991 movie, and nothing about his face or voice even match.

Surely they just brought some kid in and put a cartoon face over him like in Rogue One and BR 2049, right?

After the success of Fat Thor they decided it would be unnecessary for Furlong to bother getting back in shape, lol.

If anything they were like here take more drugs, drink more booze and eat more KFC lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exclusive clip of John trying to escape the T-800 on his motorcycle, lol.

rDk7DHG.gif

source.gif

In the first place I would not have made this film. I'll say that straight away. The story was done. Not every franchise needs to continue in perpetuity.

But if I was making a Terminator 3 with John Connor in it I wouldn't have got Furlong back anyway. He didn't grow into a believable adult man let alone a *deep voice* 'great military leader' with gravitas who people would follow.

Nick Stahl though was almost equally unbelievable

Yes seeing a frail 20-something with old man make-up and his dad's gun was very cringey.

US%2Bflag%2Brally%2Bpoint%2Bjohn%2Bconnor%2Bterminator%2B3.jpg

Even though he never spoke the adult John from the T2 prologue was very believable as a tactical badass that people would rally around.

Every time we lol at lols I think of that jovial moment between Hammond and Gennaro at the dinner scene in Jurassic Park :lol

Right before Malcolm says his line 'gee the lack of humility before nature that's being displayed here, uhh, staggers me'

Back