The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it's because they couldn't do that kind of action back in the 80s and early 90s. Those films showed that the Terminators were like super heroes, having supperior speed and strength, but those films were also a product of their time, which includes many technical limitations. Realistically speaking, the Terminators should and would do the things they're doing in the new trailer. However, the action and choreography just sucks in the trailer because we've seen it in previous films, and in other non Terminator movies, and done better. So to me, it's not so much what they're capable of now, but rather the execution of the action.

Maybe. Personally I don't see how a 1 ton robot would be capable of any of that stuff. But anyway, my point is that maybe the technical limitations of the day led to great action scenes that while not a modern CGI spectacle, still hold up and are praised today. The same way that Jurrasic Park and Jaws' effects are.

Personally I think audiences are always much more impressed with action scenes that admittedly less grand, also exist in physical reality outside of just an animation. That's one of the reasons I think that the John Wick films have caught on with so many people. Visceral, minimal CGI fights that feature genuinely impressive stunt work. Or why the truck flip in The Dark Knight was so memorable, but an entire city getting sucked up in Independence Day 2 was instantly forgotten.

Last edited:
Sorry for going off topic here but I'm trying to put together a second 1/6 T1000 and would like to know if the original Sideshow T1000 outfit is suitable for a slim 1/6 scale narrow shoulder body? Have any of you guys done this?

Thanks in advance and again apologies for going off topic.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Maybe it's because they couldn't do that kind of action back in the 80s and early 90s. Those films showed that the Terminators were like super heroes, having supperior speed and strength, but those films were also a product of their time, which includes many technical limitations. Realistically speaking, the Terminators should and would do the things they're doing in the new trailer. However, the action and choreography just sucks in the trailer because we've seen it in previous films, and in other non Terminator movies, and done better. So to me, it's not so much what they're capable of now, but rather the execution of the action.

We need special editions of T1 & T2.

Sorry for going off topic here but I'm trying to put together a second 1/6 T1000 and would like to know if the original Sideshow T1000 outfit is suitable for a slim 1/6 scale narrow shoulder body? Have any of you guys done this?

It's called "All Things Terminator", everything Terminator is on topic. :lol

The Sideshow outfit and uniform is honestly pretty dated and would look bad next to the HT. There are certainly better outfits out there, such as the TC68011 by Toys City if you could still find one.

Clown has a point about what was achievable back then but so what that shouldn’t dictate how you create an action scene today.

But it does because doing it old school is HARD DANGEROUS EXPENSIVE TIME CONSUMING WORK!

Insurance and production costs are much cheaper for cgi stunt men, vehicles, explosions and set pieces then it is for real stunt men, vehicles, explosions and set pieces.

Go ask Deadpool 2 producers about that dead stunt woman.

Go ask Miller about the nightmare of making Fury Road.

Enjoy your wimpy looking rubber Terminator lol

Makes me appreciate cheap ass Disney for making IX in a desert in Jordan lol.

Last edited:
It's called "All Things Terminator", everything Terminator is on topic. [emoji38]

The Sideshow outfit and uniform is honestly pretty dated and would look bad next to the HT. There are certainly better outfits out there, such as the TC68011 by Toys City if you could still find one.
Thanks buddy.

It's called "All Things Terminator", everything Terminator is on topic. :lol

There is an interest thread for a Yunsil T-1000 uniform in the (off site) customs forum. That might be prohibitively expensive but it will also be a lot better than Sideshow or Toys City. :lol

That's very true.... Though unsure if my wallet is ready [emoji23]

There is an interest thread for a Yunsil T-1000 uniform in the (off site) customs forum. That might be prohibitively expensive but it will also be a lot better than Sideshow or Toys City. :lol

May I have a link?

Clown has a point about what was achievable back then but so what that shouldn’t dictate how you create an action scene today.

But it does because doing it old school is HARD DANGEROUS EXPENSIVE TIME CONSUMING WORK!

Insurance and production costs are much cheaper for cgi stunt men, vehicles, explosions and set pieces then it is for real stunt men, vehicles, explosions and set pieces.

Go ask Deadpool 2 producers about that dead stunt woman.

Go ask Miller about the nightmare of making Fury Road.

Enjoy your wimpy looking rubber Terminator lol

Makes me appreciate cheap ass Disney for making IX in a desert in Jordan lol.

I don't think the big issue is using CGI as an alternative to safety and expense, that's a smart move, the real problem is, CGI has no limitations and it seems like some movies, set in realistic worlds, will go to unrealistic lengths with what people or machines can do that could never work in the real world but look flashy on screen, but there's a line you cross where it becomes so unrealistic looking that you can't accept it as a viewer. Gone in 60 seconds is a good example, the big car jump on the bridge had to be CGI because a real car can't jump that far, but with editing and such, and where it fell in the movie, you can kind of overlook it, it's brief and moves things forward. When an entire scene is essentially an unrealistic situation, you start losing people.

:nana:

23F46EF9-E797-4D78-8560-17BFEB1B5375.jpg
AAC1159D-0D2F-4FCC-92AB-2B8385835088.jpg

Matrix stunts work in the matrix because it looks like our world but we know it's a fantasy world. While robots from the future may be fantastic, they're still existing within the world we know which has limitations.

Back