The A-Team Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a scene after the credits?! :gah: :slap :horror :monkey2

My only nit with the film was BA's non-violent dilemma, they almost tried to make the film have heart. :lol

Saw it this weekend ...

Honestly ... it was fantastic. 9/10. Hit all the right notes -- perfect cast, good chemistry, good story, solid action, good gunplay, and just the right mix of seriousness and humor. It took the story from the show, juiced it up a bit for modern audiences, and dropped the camp.

Highly recommended.

SnakeDoc

Saw this movie and loved it for pretty much these exact reasons! :clap

I saw this and Karate Kid today...Wow good job for a change greedy Hollywood studios...I love Liam Neeson's Hannibal. Face and Murdock were great...Q was adequate but anybody who follows Mr. T will be a failure no matter what.

I saw this and Karate Kid today...Wow good job for a change greedy Hollywood studios...I love Liam Neeson's Hannibal. Face and Murdock were great...Q was adequate but anybody who follows Mr. T will be a failure no matter what.

Murdock was great! I kept wanting him to say, "Fook You!"

I actually liked Jackson better than Mr. T ... but I think I put that in the category of dropping the campy stuff from the show. Mr. T is a cartoon character. Rampage kept the good stuff -- big badass, bone-crusher of a guy -- and dropped some of the over-the-top pro-wresting stuff (like the 90 lbs. of jewelry, for instance).

Also ... its a bit like Chris Pine's Captain Kirk. Mr. T and Shatner are both so distinctive personally that you have to strike a fine balance between playing the character and doing an impression. Rampage seemed to capture T's personality pretty well, without doing an impression (by saying "I pity the fool" all the time). The tatoos on his knuckles were a good homage to Mr. T.

SnakeDoc

My only nit with the film was BA's non-violent dilemma, they almost tried to make the film have heart. :lol

Yeah, they really could've done without that part. And the surprise villain in the conspiracy could've been dropped too. It needlessly complicated the plot.

Copley's American accent was a bit shakey throughout the film, but I liked that they had him speak Swahili (I think that's what it was) at one point.

Copley's American accent was a bit shakey throughout the film, but I liked that they had him speak Swahili (I think that's what it was) at one point.

There were a few points where his native South African accent came out, but I believe that was intentional as it was an act. Otherwise, I really didn't notice any slipping up with the accent. But then again, I wasn't listening for that.

I just came back from seeing this. I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed the movie. All four characters were great, the action was fantastic and the story wasn't weak like I thought it was going to be.

The plans inter-cut with the actual mission was smart and exciting and I loved the way the characters interacted with each other, especially Murdock and B.A. I'm really harsh on the lack of reality in films but I have to admit that tank scene was awesome.

I'd definitely be up for a sequel where the A-Team help ordinary people in L.A. as soldiers for fortune.

Reviews online have been positive from what I've seen - look at the reviews on this thread alone.

Back