The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TK Hunter exclusive goes up May 30th at $588 - comes with a 6" TK

13198376_967637370023274_7976323376588834177_o.jpg

If you think the "88" is odd... It's 15% of 588 - so after 3AA discount, it's a $500 purchase. I don't think that's a coincidence.

A retail colorway will also be available, but no date given and no confirmation yet on whether the colors will be the same as the prototype shown in the past (yellow and white). The Mortis version above is missing the large claw at the end of the chain shown on the prototypes.

Just have to say. As an early ThreeA supporter - middle of the first year. I've got to say that, this company has really fallen hard on their own bloated ego and lackluster design skillset. The quality has always been a bit dubious but lately it's teetering on junk - loose joints, sticky paint, lazy weathering, the worst customer service I've ever dealt with - the list goes on. Let's not mention the ridiculous wait times for what turn out to be less interesting than pretty much any kitbashed custom figures. Ego has a way of creeping in and poisoning the creative waters. I'm feeling that here. Sure there are a few interesting figures (put enough monkeys on typewriters and you're bound to get something readable) lurking around the looong corner, but truthfully does anyone actually need any of this s%*t? I'm obviously at the end of my long expensive journey and not too thrilled to have taken it. It's not 'POP ART' it's commerce & amateurish at that.

Just have to say. As an early ThreeA supporter - middle of the first year. I've got to say that, this company has really fallen hard on their own bloated ego and lackluster design skillset. The quality has always been a bit dubious but lately it's teetering on junk - loose joints, sticky paint, lazy weathering, the worst customer service I've ever dealt with - the list goes on. Let's not mention the ridiculous wait times for what turn out to be less interesting than pretty much any kitbashed custom figures. Ego has a way of creeping in and poisoning the creative waters. I'm feeling that here. Sure there are a few interesting figures (put enough monkeys on typewriters and you're bound to get something readable) lurking around the looong corner, but truthfully does anyone actually need any of this s%*t? I'm obviously at the end of my long expensive journey and not too thrilled to have taken it. It's not 'POP ART' it's commerce & amateurish at that. Hey, I'm a ranter & sober. Cheers.

I feel ya. I'm pretty much at the same point you are. I've gone from a collection of a few dozen ThreeA pieces to just 3, and soon to be just 2. Ash's attitude, the endless stream of broken promises, horrendous wait times, and endless rehashes have killed what interest I had.

The only thing I miss from threeA was ill's Rap recommendations.
Saddest thing about threeA is it lost a bloody good community when they junked the boards.
Had some bloody good times on there and met up with some damn fine individuals.

Haha, I wondered if it was a joke because someone on the facebook BST group recently listed a DIY De Plume for $6500, with a little paragraph about how his price might seem high, but if you thought about all the little figures you wasted money on in the year, this was really a reasonable price—after all, that price shouldn't deter a serious collector who wants a piece of genuine POP ART.

:slap

No shade to him, but it's ridiculous that these things are selling for so much. I get that OG pieces have a special value to fans of the brand, but for that kind of money you could commission several customs from incredible artists, with everything painted and sculpted to a higher standard than ThreeA has ever produced. Strikes me as silly. Anyway, I wondered if you were having a quiet dig at him when you said the figures aren't 'POP ART,' that's all :wink1:

Haha, I wondered if it was a joke because someone on the facebook BST group recently listed a DIY De Plume for $6500, with a little paragraph about how his price might seem high, but if you thought about all the little figures you wasted money on in the year, this was really a reasonable price—after all, that price shouldn't deter a serious collector who wants a piece of genuine POP ART.

:slap

No shade to him, but it's ridiculous that these things are selling for so much. I get that OG pieces have a special value to fans of the brand, but for that kind of money you could commission several customs from incredible artists, with everything painted and sculpted to a higher standard than ThreeA has ever produced. Strikes me as silly. Anyway, I wondered if you were having a quiet dig at him when you said the figures aren't 'POP ART,' that's all :wink1:

I don't rip on anyone for their choices or personal reasons for selling anything. As with all collecting the market is what it is - or can be. Actually against my generalization, action figures are kind of 'POP ART', if the execution is approached with honesty. As an interpretation of popular culture, media, or as a unique statement about societal conventions - urban vinyl comes to mind - early pieces by 3A skirted with these ideas (de Plume was a minimalist weird mix of anti-hero, anti war, pro war, toy pop culture mash up). But sadly they have lost touch with the art of what they were. And honestly, Ashley Wood produces adolescent masturbatory pieces and nauseatingly derivative toys these days. I'm not sure what women he comes into contact with but there aren't that many drippy girls waiting to be tied up that I've ever met. And stop beating the dead TK horse (skulls used to be cool until this guy pummeled them into irrelevance). I guess 3A are bugging me. RANT OVER.

Anyone went ahead and picked up the TK Hunter Death Mask? Seems like Threea is a bit stagnant now in the design department.

Hi, I don't venture out of the Star Wars section much, but I've recently been looking to see if anyone's made a Nemesis the Warlock figure as he's my favourite comic character. I read on some blog that he was announced by this company last year - does anyone know if it's actually going to be made? Thank you.

Don't know the comic and don't recall a specific announcement, but I do remember the C=64 video game by that name I played "back in the day." :)

Don't know the comic and don't recall a specific announcement, but I do remember the C=64 video game by that name I played "back in the day." :)

Really? I shall have to find it!

Nemesis was a strip that ran in 2000ad on and off for a decade or so, and had superb art by Kevin O'Neill.

I broke down and picked up the 1/12 Blind Cowboy and Horse set since I have the 1/6 scale figure set.
Anyone else picked up anything 3A lately. This is the only figure I've ordered since re-upping.

I broke down and picked up the 1/12 Blind Cowboy and Horse set since I have the 1/6 scale figure set.
Anyone else picked up anything 3A lately. This is the only figure I've ordered since re-upping.

I ordered the uk tk and the 3AA black matter lass.....almost ordered blind cowboy set.....still might

I didn't know they were going to have a 1/12 Blind Cowboy and Ghost set. I have the Dark version of them in 1/6 scale. I would have possibly been interested in a 1/12 scale set had I known. They are no longer available of course, but it is kind of cool that they made the smaller set.

The re-hash of miniature versions of already released figures smells of desperation. Most folks buying those Action Portable figures will be ditching them in a year or two, or just trashing them. My personal experience with Action Portable is that they are the single most irrelavent, fragile concept for toys anyone has made in the last 15 years. Sloppy and junky. Feeling the ire.
Sorry, too many bad experiences with this company to give them any positive word.

Eh. I disagree. The larger bots remain pretty large even when scaled down, and the humans don't hold up badly. I have the 1/12 AP slicer set, and a 1/6 Kyuuketsuki to compare them to, and the Slicer translates well to 1/12 scale. The bodies pose fine, they look good displayed together and the clothes don't look too odd.

Honestly, it makes more sense for ThreeA than most toy brands because of their 'art toy' ties--there is a pretty big overlap between the ThreeA and designer toy communities. Repaints and different scales are totally par for the course in vinyl. I think it's too much and wish there was less of it in the vinyl world, but that's the state of the scene.

Back