The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at my DP display today and I often forget how big the bots are. Or maybe better said I take for granted. I was looking at how big the Grunt was compared to Large Martin and Bertie MK3 is even bigger. With his cannon pointed upward Bertie MK3 is nearly 30" tall.

You should. The prices I've seen are much better than eBay.

They're my favorite. If I were smart with my money, I would just finish buying the rest of them and stop. But I'm not smart. :monkey1

Good to know, and ewe is smart Ricard. :panic:

I was looking at my DP display today and I often forget how big the bots are. Or maybe better said I take for granted. I was looking at how big the Grunt was compared to Large Martin and Bertie MK3 is even bigger. With his cannon pointed upward Bertie MK3 is nearly 30" tall.

That's a lot of bot. Man I wish 3A would get the Iron Giant license. Oh man that would be sweet.

Oddly enough, that's what initially got me interested in 3A. Badbot reminded me of the Iron Giant. I don't really know all the 3A lingo, I pretty much buy what looks cool to me. Richard, you should look into a Dropcloth...they're pretty tits.

Oddly enough, that's what initially got me interested in 3A. Badbot reminded me of the Iron Giant. I don't really know all the 3A lingo, I pretty much buy what looks cool to me. Richard, you should look into a Dropcloth...they're pretty tits.

I considered them when they were available for preorder, but didn't get any. Now they've gone up quite a bit. :slap

I was an Ashley Wood fan from way back and was a big fan of Popbot. In a lot of way's it's Ashley Wood's "The Maxx". It's sort of his central narrative work.

So I've basically been waiting for Popbot to be made as a toy since ThreeA started. Was really awesome for him to finally be on my shelf. Kitty as well. Now all we need is Lady Sham to finish the core protagonists. I think Ash has been waiting to perfect the female body until doing Sham.

I considered them when they were available for preorder, but didn't get any. Now they've gone up quite a bit. :slap

Really? Viking Playground had them in stock but not they're gone. I got mine for $99.

I was an Ashley Wood fan from way back and was a big fan of Popbot. In a lot of way's it's Ashley Wood's "The Maxx". It's sort of his central narrative work.

So I've basically been waiting for Popbot to be made as a toy since ThreeA started. Was really awesome for him to finally be on my shelf. Kitty as well. Now all we need is Lady Sham to finish the core protagonists. I think Ash has been waiting to perfect the female body until doing Sham.

I am such a n00b! My only experience with Wood was MGS. And I am going to sound like such an idiot but I had no idea this stuff was based off of comics. I just like it because it looks cool/different. :duh

Of the existing in-house ThreeA lines:

Popbot is based on the comic of the same name. It's a large form comic with a sort of surrealistic pop-art feel to it.

World War Robot I haven't read but I believe is sort of a written narrative accompanied by artwork? I could be wrong. Regardless it was a book first but the toyline had certainly become much more important to the whole story than the book. At this point it's become a story supported toyline. I think Ash has even said as much.

Adventure Kartel was created as a toyline to start with. It's supported by one page comic/posters that come with each figure telling the story of the world. It was heavily inspired by Adventure Team figures. Venture Brothers is to Johnny Quest what Adventure Kartel is to Adventure Team (or Action Man in europe iirc).

I'm also looking to find a barguest de plume, what kind of retailers in the UK sell 3a? am I doomed to ebay? lol

iron giant is awesome. love that movie.

viking is sold out of the dropcloths i believe. i picked up my three for $90 each. wish i had ordered a couple more at that price.

in case anyone is interested...

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Complete-World-Robot-Ashley-Wood/dp/1600106498/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321471221&sr=8-1"]https://www.amazon.com/Complete-World-Robot-Ashley-Wood/dp/1600106498/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321471221&sr=8-1[/ame]

totally worth it...like dedguy said...paintings + some narrative, vignettes, etc.

Of the existing in-house ThreeA lines:

Popbot is based on the comic of the same name. It's a large form comic with a sort of surrealistic pop-art feel to it.

World War Robot I haven't read but I believe is sort of a written narrative accompanied by artwork? I could be wrong. Regardless it was a book first but the toyline had certainly become much more important to the whole story than the book. At this point it's become a story supported toyline. I think Ash has even said as much.

Adventure Kartel was created as a toyline to start with. It's supported by one page comic/posters that come with each figure telling the story of the world. It was heavily inspired by Adventure Team figures. Venture Brothers is to Johnny Quest what Adventure Kartel is to Adventure Team (or Action Man in europe iirc).

Oh snap, I just got learned. Thanks DG. :wave

Yeah, that's a major factor. I swear they look like they're made out of metal. Nice to have something that isn't based on a movie/show. :rock

Yeah when I first posted those early reviews I did get a lot of people thinking they where actually made from metal.

:lol

yeah, when i got my dropcloths i was expecting them to be really heavy. amazing paint work on these bots.

messing around with bleak...

033-8.jpg

029-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
$85 is a great price if its the carded figure and a bit high if its the figure from the 3 pack. Either way, its worth what your willing to pay for it. All you can do is consider the sale price of the figure and i think the 3 pack was $135.

FYI: if anyone has an interest I posted a vid of my collection https://youtu.be/4HgsYD4R4mg

Very cool LP! Awesome display of 3A. :duff

Back