Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed the pilot just fine, but the subsequent episodes have been losing me as the season has progressed. I now watch it while on my laptop doing other things and it won't be long before I forget to watch the show altogether.

90210 guy was alright. i liked his future slang. "i dont want to be the bastard who brings metal down on the conners". or "you metal *****!!"

good writing for character, bad decision on actor.........still see him as Donna's little boyfriend.

I didn't mind the new Reese at all. But I may have an advantage as I've never seen this nine zero two one zero show poeple are talking about.

I dug the future slang too.

I just know something about pop culture. If Highlander or the Terminator movies could still support such a large audience they'd still be playing in theatres. Pop culture has to progress. The audience demands it.

Pop culture dosn't progress, it recycles!

and just as a counterpoint, if the audience for The Terminator is so small then where does the demand for high end collectables come from?

oh and where can I get on the compaining but not watching list?:lol

Pop culture dosn't progress, it recycles!

and just as a counterpoint, if the audience for The Terminator is so small then where does the demand for high end collectables come from?

The recycling comment is an intersting take on things. Actually, stories evolve a lot like other things do: through replication. You tell a story over and over again and with each telling some things get lost while other things are found. Which works out okay as there are only so many stories.

To speak to your counterpoint, I'm afraid it only proves my initial point. Terminator high end collectibles have limited print runs in the low thousands if not in the hundreds (the 1:6 T-800 was affordably priced at $49.99 and was still limited to only 3000 units) and are sold on-line and in boutique stores, not Wal-Mart. Meanwhile The Sarah Connor Chronicles' pilot was watched by some 18,000,000 viewers.

Last edited:
I hate to further the argument, I would much rather just make baseless claims as to why the show blows, but, if you are gonna sight viewer number as to why the show is good you have to consider the fact that Terminator:The Sarah Connor Chronicles is competing with pretty much no shows. If it were up against Heroes I doubt it would do so well. I am not making a statement that the show is bad, but what I am saying is you cant use viewer numbers to say it is good.

In a season totally void of shows due to the writers strike this show arrived at the PERFECT time. With no choice of new shows to watch I would expect this show to do really well in viewer numbers.

That said, I am permanently exiting this thread. For fans of the show I hope it does really well.

Later biznatches!

I think King D is not on the board right now cause he is watching the show right now.

Back