terminator preorders..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite satisfied with his outfit. He always looked very thin in his uniform, almost like it was a little too snug fitting. BBI's look too baggy to me. I also like how Sideshow went so far to sculpt the buttons on the pockets and shoulder straps.

And it's funny how Custom dawg criticizes Sideshow's quality on another board yet, his T-1000 and Scarface look like poo compared to Sideshow's versions. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
EVILFACE said:
Well, where is the pic by this custom dawg?

it is the second photo in justin luck's post.......(and to be honest, custom dawg's talent has come a long way since this figure, which i think is pretty good for a custom.)

i guess i'm the only one who thinks sideshow is using bbi's police uniform for their prototype?:google

captain sack said:
i guess i'm the only one who thinks sideshow is using bbi's police uniform for their prototype?:google

Not at all. That's the first thing I thought when I saw the T-1000. I have been planning to build one myself and recently purchased the BBI LAPD police gear set for him. From the Sideshow pictures, the belt, gear, shirt, etc all look identical to that set. Right down to the pen in the pocket.

Hopefully, if Sideshow does make their own gear for this figure, they will match the level of detail (although I do hope they fix that bulky buckle).

screamingmetal said:
And it's funny how Custom dawg criticizes Sideshow's quality on another board yet, his T-1000 and Scarface look like poo compared to Sideshow's versions. :rolleyes:
wow...

Maybe i'm alone in this line of thinking...
but #1, I don't think Customdawg has trashed Sideshow any more than the
average collector who's been disappointed with something.

#2, more than ANYONE else here, he's probably the ONLY person who'd
actually have a RIGHT to critque... because not only is he a customizer, but
he also put his hard earned money where his mouth is & created a garage kit
figure Co. (I have his Neo Matrix suit, & it's SWEEET!)

& #3, when you compare Sideshows scarface (which was not well recieved,
btw) to CD's (which was completely custom AND sold on ebay for OVER
$200) & call CD's crap... it shows how much you know about figures & what
value your opinion holds. :rolleyes:

Although it's HIGHLY disrespectful for you to call his work crap (changed to
poo by Dave) you ARE entitled to your opinion. Since you are able to voice it
though, why don't you to back your words up & show us YOUR custom T-
1000 & scarface figures that would shame customdawgs? I'd LOVE to see
YOUR scary talent!

:rolleyes:

*ss*

Personally, my comments are from the standpoint that all these people trash Sideshow's products on MWD, Rebel Scum, here etc..; they trash figures that I spend a lot of money acquiring. YET WITH THEM YOU CAN NOT TRASH THEIR WORK OR THE WORK PRODUCED FROM THEIR FAVORITE MANUFACTURES OR THEIR FAVORITE CUSTOMIZERS.
Bare in mind, Sideshow is a company, but they are very active in participating in the discussion about their figures and other products. The people who make the figures look at what people write about them and at times can get personally offended by people's comments but can't defend themselves or their company because of professional reasons.
I know this personally, I once said something about a Sideshow product I shouldn't have and regretted it.
Now I try my best to give my opinion and not offend, but I'm kind of sick of the one way criticism.
Custom Dawg has talent, that much I won't deny. But sometimes he misses the mark just like any company or human being.
Once you compare a figure from another company or Custom to Sideshows figures and give your opinion one way or the other you and the customizer are now open for criticism.
So I'll criticize a custom just the same way others criticize Sideshow's work.
If you don't want to hear it, don't compare the two Super Serg. ;)

Now me, I'm just using my work as placeholders till the SSC stuff comes in!!

That's the way it is with me, If I see a figure whether it's a custom head sculpt or costume, or a major manufactured piece, if it's better then what I currently have, it replaces mine.
I looked closely at BBI's LAPD uniform and Sideshows, and it's very similar but just slightly different.
The distance between the buttons on the chest are closer together on Sideshow's uniform, the Badge is painted differently, different shoes, and Sideshow's uni. is a snugger fit on the body. So they're not the same uniform but since both are based on the a real life thing, similarities are not surprising.

Super Serg said:
wow...

Maybe i'm alone in this line of thinking...
but #1, I don't think Customdawg has trashed Sideshow any more than the
average collector who's been disappointed with something.

#2, more than ANYONE else here, he's probably the ONLY person who'd
actually have a RIGHT to critque... because not only is he a customizer, but
he also put his hard earned money where his mouth is & created a garage kit
figure Co. (I have his Neo Matrix suit, & it's SWEEET!)

& #3, when you compare Sideshows scarface (which was not well recieved,
btw) to CD's (which was completely custom AND sold on ebay for OVER
$200) & call CD's crap... it shows how much you know about figures & what
value your opinion holds. :rolleyes:

Although it's HIGHLY disrespectful for you to call his work crap (changed to
poo by Dave) you ARE entitled to your opinion. Since you are able to voice it
though, why don't you to back your words up & show us YOUR custom T-
1000 & scarface figures that would shame customdawgs? I'd LOVE to see
YOUR scary talent!

:rolleyes:

*ss*
#1 He hasn't trashed Sideshow's stuff any more then the others at MWD. With them you can not criticize Cy Girls, in their eyes they're perfect, yet I think they are way overpriced (since BBI is out), have poorly sculpted heads, are Very badly painted, have poorly designed weapons that are on par with Hasbro, rehash those same crap weapons over and over. And they never try to improve their faults.

#2 NO ONE is above criticism. Not CD, Me, or anyone. And since he's manufacturing clothing and figures now, he should be criticized for that work in the future just the same way that people criticize Sideshow's work. ;) My criticism of his customs is from the fact that criticism has only been one way, if you are going to dish it out, expect to get it in return

#3 price does not determine quality. Everyone knows that. There are people on Ebay who would buy a actual lump of "poo" for $200 if it was offered. That doesn't mean its worth it. And I'd like to see the auction to know if CD sold his figure after Sideshow's figure hit the street. I'm betting it was before.
And what is his Scarface really? a head sculpt he bought from Lonnie (that he actually paid him to make) he painted it and put in a Sideshow Scaramanga suit. WOW! That's worth $200 easily! Especially since you can buy a SSC Scarface that has a better head sculpt for about $37! :rolleyes:

Highly disrespectful? Before this incident, not once did I ever criticize a custom or kit bashed figure. I understood the etiquette. Like I said in the other post Once you compare a figure from another company or Custom to Sideshows figures and give your opinion one way or the other you and the customizer are now open for criticism. even vary sharp criticism.
But I've had enough of one way criticism, it's about time it went both ways. I can't wait to hear Sideshow criticize Fan Customs!
:banana

LOL
And why should I make my own a T-1000 or Scarface? I already own Sideshow's Scarface and plan on buying their T-1000 when he's released. I'm not going to waist more money on making figures that I can just buy for less. ;)

This was never about my talent or abilities verses someone else's, it was about the one way criticism of Sideshow's products.

This is exactly what Custom dawg said about Sideshow figures that made me feel I must comment when a comparison of CD's work was made with Sideshow's work:
I DO NOT WANT TO START A FORUM RIVALRY BETWEEN MWD AND US. So agree to disagree with me and him and lets move on. I really don't care to hear any more on this subject.

In the context of someone wanting to give up Cy-Girls for Sideshow Toys figures:

Sideshow has not been a name synonymous with quality and out of my entire collection, I own probably 2 figures from Sideshow and neither of them were kept in mint condition without little to no customization.
My comments have no bearing on what Triad Toys does and it's not made to look Sideshow look bad or anything. I'm commenting because I'm still a hobbyist. If Sideshow stops their horrid paint jobs, oversized heads, redesign their bodies, make clothing from a different manufacturer other than Barbie's, I'd probably spend the $40 they're asking for. Same reason you and I would never buy a Hasbro figure. Granted, Hasbro makes a lot of money marketing it to the people that do buy them.

Ah... I see...

So you ARE waging a war against the honesty that comes out of MWD but
rather than taking the high road (because we all know that 2 wrongs don't
make a right), you decided to take a cheap pot shot at 1 of their artists (
hell, you didn't even have the ***** to take on the board itself!). Their
opinions are dead on btw, but you won't hear that much here because this
board is 90% pro-sideshow...

But here in lies the rub. There shouldn't be an "us against them" mentality
when talking about sideshow. In your eyes, they can do no wrong. That's
great for you. Through the ages, it's happened with Hasbro's GI Joes, 21 C,
Dragon & BBi. Why don't you follow your own advice & after you buy your
items... just ignore the other board & be on your way. You like simplicity?
GREAT! Don't get in the way though of those that know what a Co like
sideshow could come up with & feel that they'd like only the best from.

It's obvious by your posts that you're fairly new to the 1/6 world... you're
love of sideshow & your hostility towards those that seek perfection is
understandable. I guess that the old saying IS true:
"Ignorance IS bliss"
;)

& 1 thing I DO agree with you about is... let's not turn this into a flame war.
Let's NOT continue to post here about this as we don't need to go cluttering
this great board with back & forths. PM me instead (if you'd like) so that your
disrespectful mistake doesn't get outta hand.
:D

*ss*

& just to clear something up....

I believe in stating your opinion with respect. I like sideshow & have a
BUTTLOAD of their items, both at home AND on order.

With that said, if someone disrespects sideshow or a sculptor of sideshow
the way that screamingmetal did customdawg, i'd call that person on it, as
I'm sure others here on this board would as well.

Just want to set that straight.

*ss*

So you ARE waging a war against the honesty that comes out of MWD but
rather than taking the high road (because we all know that 2 wrongs don't
make a right), you decided to take a cheap pot shot at 1 of their artists (
hell, you didn't even have the ***** to take on the board itself!). Their
opinions are dead on btw, but you won't hear that much here because this
board is 90% pro-sideshow...

Lol. Take a pill and chill out, you remind me of this kid:
https://www.break.com/index/patiencechild.html
This has nothing to do with the honesty of MWD, it's thier bias. It wasn't a cheap shot, it was quite deserving.
And he's not an artist, don't misuse that term like so manny other morons. Manny could repeat what he does given the same materials and with very little understanding of the methods. It's nothing but a craft. Until he sculpts, draws, or paints something with substance he's not an artist.
I have the brains to know it's futile to "take on the MWD board". They're set in their ways and I've got too many important things to do then waist my time arguing with them and worrying about what they think. And I don't want to be a member of their board because they're too effeminate for me. But I do lurk from time to time for a good laugh.
when talking about sideshow. In your eyes, they can do no wrong. That's
great for you.
You don't know me at all, so don't make any assumptions about me. They made mistakes and I've criticized them (as I said in my last post), but I wouldn't form a false opinion about the rest of their products from a few examples, and the rest is, for the most part high quality with an understanding of the restrictions of a license.
Through the ages, it's happened with Hasbro's GI Joes, 21 C,
Dragon & BBi. Why don't you follow your own advice & after you buy your
items... just ignore the other board & be on your way. You like simplicity?
GREAT! Don't get in the way though of those that know what a Co like
sideshow could come up with & feel that they'd like only the best from.
No I like intelligibility. Next time take it slow when typing. ;)
It's obvious by your posts that you're fairly new to the 1/6 world... you're
love of sideshow & your hostility towards those that seek perfection is
understandable. I guess that the old saying IS true:
"Ignorance IS bliss"
Lol.
Just to educate you, I've been collecting 1/6 since Ultimate Soldier and Dragon's first figures, it's obvious you're new to these boards. And don't confuse disparagement with hostility.
this great board with back & forths. PM me instead (if you'd like) so that your
disrespectful mistake doesn't get outta hand.
Then don't respond to my posts in this topic. Use the PM. But that doesn't mean I'm likely to respond to it. :D
As I've been told, I'll repeat it for you; You've got to earn respect son. ;)

screamingmetal said:
It wasn't a cheap shot, it was quite deserving.
This sums up the quality of your character... or lack thereof.
(depending on what side of the fence you're on here)

screamingmetal said:
And he's not an artist, don't misuse that term like so manny other morons. Manny could repeat what he does given the same materials and with very little understanding of the methods. It's nothing but a craft. Until he sculpts, draws, or paints something with substance he's not an artist.
I don't know who this "Manny" guy is... but it's obvious from this last quote
that I don't need to go any further with this. The sad part is that this was
like shooting fish in a barrel. I didn't even have to supply the rope.
You supplied it AND hung yourself... You just don't know it yet.

Take care, & remember, you wreap what you sow.
:cool:

*ss*

Hey, you guys....what are you doing to my Terminator thread....:confused: lolll

Shai, start a new Terminator thread if you like - this one is getting locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back