terminator preorders..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes a TBD edition size is a relief. It gives you a chance to look at the product and think about it before you order. It's tempting, with low editions stated up front, to just order first and ask questions later--since you never know how fast something might sell out. TBD takes that stress away.

(Although I didn't have to think very long before I ordered these T-2 figures...)

The figures got me to watch T2 again tonight. As for the T1000's left handedness, the officer he kills at the begining was left handed. So I guess he just kept it that way for looks.

Doesn't bother me it is not screen acurate, a machine would not favor a specific hand.

yeah, and a machine wouldn't sport a limp from a high-school football injury but the T-1000 does. Also, a machine wouldn't have an Austrian accent, either. The Terminators are made to infiltrate groups of humans and blend in. Stuff like the limp, the accent and right-or-left handedness would help with that. I know the Terminator's Austrian accent has been explained but I refuse to acknowledge anything from "Terminator 3", especially a deleted scene that wasn't even in the movie itself.

Anyways,I really hope they fix the holster issue, it's the one flaw on an otherwise perfect figure. Sideshow also made a similar goof on their other Robert Patrick figure: the standard Doggett is based on the "X-Files" episode "Medusa" and they put his Xbox Live headset on the wrong side.

captain sack said:
.......with his head in a vice.:horror

what's up with the ears? i know arnold does not have dumbo ears, but they look 2-D.:sick and for the first time, a sideshow head is too small for the body.

i was hoping this would be the definate arnold sculpt.

.......oh, well, i guess i'll have to cut off the head on my gentle giant arnold bust.:eek:
It looks like Sideshow is starting to make the heads a bit more proportioned
to their bodies! They used to have HUGE noggins... but Arnold & Aragorn look
as though they're not suffering from the Siedshow bobble-head syndrome!

I couldn't be happier with these new t-800 pics!

HURAY SIDESHOW!

*ss*

Super Serg said:
It looks like Sideshow is starting to make the heads a bit more proportioned
to their bodies! They used to have HUGE noggins... but Arnold & Aragorn look
as though they're not suffering from the Siedshow bobble-head syndrome!

but something is wrong with sideshow's T-800. either the head is too small, or the "big boy" body is too big.

I'm sticking with my opinion. Arnold seems very off as opposed to Robert's likeness. And those shots are just more proof. I'll still agree that the T-800 figure has awesome accesories, but in order for me to buy a figure, I want everything to be great. Accesories, likeness andwardobe. Thats why I didnt buy Legolas either. Fantastic sculpt, but the wardrobe isnt fitting the figure very well from what they've shown us.

Anyway, I also have to agree that the head of the T-800 seems abit too small for the rest of the figure. Although by the looks of it, it might not be the head thats too small, but the black t-shirt might be too thick near his neck, giving the idea that he's wearing some kind of big sweater instead of a t-shirt.

B-Electronic said:
.... but the black t-shirt might be too thick near his neck, giving the idea that he's wearing some kind of big sweater instead of a t-shirt.

...and if you look at the jacket collar, it's sitting too high upon the figure, pants look too baggy, glasses look bad, etc..

the more i look at sideshow's T-800, the more disapointed i am in it. it looks like someone's kitbash, not a professionaly made figure.

captain sack said:
...and if you look at the jacket collar, it's sitting too high upon the figure, pants look too baggy, glasses look bad, etc..

the more i look at sideshow's T-800, the more disapointed i am in it. it looks like someone's kitbash, not a professionaly made figure.

Hello! It's just a 12" figure!! The day you can buy 'the real thing', let me know about it, ok?

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Hello! It's just a 12" figure!! The day you can buy 'the real thing', let me know about it, ok?

Yup. Looks like the Terminator to me.

I would agree that SSC needs to find a new way to do tshirts. The current method with the huge collar doesn't really work. But after seeing all the toyfair pics it's a little inconceivable that anyone could be complaining about the likeness.

tomandshell said:
Sometimes a TBD edition size is a relief. It gives you a chance to look at the product and think about it before you order. It's tempting, with low editions stated up front, to just order first and ask questions later--since you never know how fast something might sell out. TBD takes that stress away.

(Although I didn't have to think very long before I ordered these T-2 figures...)

I notice you didn't wait around for the edition size to be determined Tom. lol. No sress huh? lol

As I eluded to earlier, the edition size may not have been set for the regular figures because they may not have their logistics worked out yet. However, I don't see any reason why they couldn't and wouldn't have lamented over it in a production meeting, long before now. There is no excuse, as far as I can see, why it has been omitted. Maybe someone didn't send a memo to Chris. I wouldn't mind someone, who has an idea, speaking up.

You mentioned the temptation of a low edition size. It's an exclusive. It's going to have a low edition size. In the end I don't know why I am stressing over it. I wont be getting them, even though I want them. As Migwit stated, 500 or 750, are what the edition is usually on the exclusives.

Are they waiting to see how popular these will be? That is the only thing I can think of right now. Which is a little deceptive, perhaps, and also wise business practise, considering the state of 1/6 collecting, or where it may be heading. See that. I mention deceptive, and I could say 'look Sideshow have received 2500 orders in the first week, and so set their edition at 3000. Bad mofu', bad' That is ridiculous, may I state right now before someone gets heated. At some point they will say the exclusives are sold out, so they must already know. So why isn't it stated?

Disclaimer: Any mention of 3000 exclusives is a gross overestimate. Please go back to your former destressed mode.

Alice Adrenochrome said:

no, this(see attachment) is just a 12" figure. from sideshow i expect more. :sick

captain sack said:
no, this(see attachment) is just a 12" figure. from sideshow i expect more. :sick

Wow! I hadn't seen that figure before. I think that it's safe to say that even if you have quibbles with the outfit or likeness, Sideshow is giving us a higher quality figure than that!! Is there a pool cue in that package? I see no pool cue...

tomandshell said:
Wow! I hadn't seen that figure before. I think that it's safe to say that even if you have quibbles with the outfit or likeness, Sideshow is giving us a higher quality figure than that!! Is there a pool cue in that package? I see no pool cue...

I agree. And since he is second only to Han on Sideshows top 10 sellers list, I think other people think he's a great looking figure as well. (Jason is 3rd hehe)

I do see one thing that could greatly improve the T-800's likeness. His glasses. Just like Skinner's are too small, the terminator's sunglasses are too big. At first glance, I wasn't sure why he looked goofy. His forehead looked way too big and the rest of his face too small. But without the glasses, he looks fine. So it's because the glasses are so large, they are covering up too much of his cheeks.
Take a look at these pics for a comparison:

img39568sr.jpg

terminator2f4qc.jpg

Im weak....:rolleyes:

I "caved in" and ordered both versions + the Jaws statue..

Im getting a bit addicted to these 12" figures after starting with the SW & LOTR figures....:wacky :wacky

WW :vader

And while I'm more than impressed about Robert Patrick's likeness, I wish I could say the same for his outfit. I have literally been blown away by the wonderful robes for the 1/6 Jedi figures. So it is disappointing that the same quality isn't acheived for everyday outfits like suits and uniforms.

Here's a comparison with a BBI LAPD officer:

img38307vv.jpg

t194rq.jpg

https://www.dawgestyle.com/t1000.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back