Terminator Franchise Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Building the ultimate Terminator T-800 figure.

was once upon a time... now i got cases of ruthless aggression figures in the basement ready to go out the door for a few bucks lol

Are you a fan of Jakks Pacific gatack? I have over 40 moc pieces from there "Rocky" line. Hell its the only 7" stuff I have :D

Which are cool because it's the only way to have Rocky figures, but it bummed me out the they were all recycled WWE bodies that really didn't match up with Stallone's build or any of the other fighters. Nice portraits though.

was once upon a time... now i got cases of ruthless aggression figures in the basement ready to go out the door for a few bucks lol

Yeah their WWE line was extensive and fun. Its hard to believe they lost the license.

Which are cool because it's the only way to have Rocky figures, but it bummed me out the they were all recycled WWE bodies that really didn't match up with Stallone's build or any of the other fighters. Nice portraits though.

Agreed. It did seem somewhat ridiculous that Stallone's build was similar to say a triple H figure but it was nice to finally have something. Those darn things are the reason I got into "action figure" collecting believe it or not. :lol

Agreed. It did seem somewhat ridiculous that Stallone's build was similar to say a triple H figure but it was nice to finally have something. Those darn things are the reason I got into "action figure" collecting believe it or not. :lol

For me, they were just another stop on the long road of collecting :), but it was exciting to finally have Rocky figures, I believe they started before Hot Toys. Still love the Rocky Balboa Rocky, best portrait of them all I think.

For me, they were just another stop on the long road of collecting :), but it was exciting to finally have Rocky figures, I believe they started before Hot Toys. Still love the Rocky Balboa Rocky, best portrait of them all I think.

Not too sure about that .............. they did present prototypes at I believe the New York toy show in April of 2006 but they were not released until October of the same year.

Didn't Hot Toys debut their MMS-01 sometime in early 2005? I could be wrong.

The original Rocky is listed on HT's website with a Q4 2006 release, so sounds like about the same time as JAKKS, but I want to say I heard of JAKKS first.

The original Rocky is listed on HT's website with a Q4 2006 release, so sounds like about the same time as JAKKS, but I want to say I heard of JAKKS first.

:eek: My bad, I was referring to the start of Hot Toys' first MMS release. Not their Rocky line in particular :D What I mean't to say was the Jakks Pacific Rocky line was the main reason I got into collecting what I collect today (Hot Toys)

I will agree with you though, their Rocky 6 portrait was their best piece of work. That and their Rocky IV training in russia figure. It was a damn fun line to collect.

it needs some tweaking... cause in those shots especially the show down between bauer and arnie.. it looks like it came out of a comic book

Well yes, in terms of the paintjob obviously its no match for the likes of Hot Toys and Enterbay. I'd love a professional repaint such as the one a couple of pages back but I don't need one.

But the sculpt is just incredible - I think it has his bone structure and hair down exactly right. The hair is something I often fixate on - no T2 figure has ever gotten it as close as NECA - particularly not the Sideshow figure with its slicked back Elvis quiff, innaccurate hairline and the way it creates a distinctly un-Arnie shape to the back of his head.

MaulFan is right, eye of the beholder obviously comes into play but I have trouble conceiving how the NECA figure would not get a majority vote in its favour, certainly as far as the sculpt goes.

im going to send mine off to get painted we'll see how it looks when i get it back

Posted this in my own customs thread but I'd put it right here:

SDC10770.jpg

This one's in natural lighting.

SDC10774.jpg

SDC10790.jpg

i know this is the t-800 thread but wheres all the t-850 customs?

I guess most of us don't like the T-850 (at least me). Outfit was not as great looking as the T-800's. Plus T3 sucked and Arnold already looked too old to play the character.

I guess you could buy this one and put it on a true type, repaint the head or get a better head sculpt:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_040805b.htm

Last edited:

yeah i have everything coming my way for a custom t-850.

I guess im a fan... I'll eat up everything with Arnold as a Terminator. Yeah he's older... but he's also a different model. t-3 didn't suck... the battle scenes in t-3 was really fun to watch and Dr. Silberman's scene was hilarious.

and Dr. Silberman's scene was hilarious.

That scene sums up everything I hated about T3. I don't think it was funny at all. He was a serious character in the first 2 films and they took the piss out of him in this one just like the whole film pretty much took the piss out of the franchise. Also it was a ridiculous coincidence that he happened to be around again when the T-800 (or 850 if you insist) appeared.

yeah he was serious... a serious a prick. I found it rather entertaining hearing his character tell brewster that he went through years and years of trumatic rehab to get over the events of judgement day just to see the t-800 appear in front of his face. it really humbles that serious character

Last edited:

All right, so I made a change on my T1 Arnie. I bought a Darren Carnall head sculpt and painted it. Much better than the previous SSC Arnie head sculpt I had. So overall, a big improvement (at least for me). Opinions are welcome. I'm not really happy with the hair. I was thinking of going darker. And I also think I need more shading on the face.... what do you think? Here are a couple of pictures:

DSC01803.jpg

DSC01814.jpg

DSC01805.jpg

Last edited:

It looks good! But youre right it could use some shading, especially around arnies cheek bones.

EDIT: But I have to admitt im not a huge fan of darrens arnold sculpt like everybody else. The face just looks to stretched or elongated.

but my point was only a laser scanned potrait capturing the face exactly could ever be a true perfect likeness that is perfect regardless of viewer's opinion. Any hand sculpted portrait is perfect only in the eyes of the beholder.

Sadly, if allowed this would mean we'd get an old Arnie. Any cleaning up would again result in an interpretation.

Back