Terminator Franchise Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Building the ultimate Terminator T-800 figure.

That looks stunning! I would love mine repainted like that!
Fantastic work, to all involved.

I love the arnold sculpt from Neca but I can't help but look at it as a little cartoony for some reason. I can't put my finger on why though.

Most NECA human portraits end up having a raw/rough look to them, usually a good likeness, but they end up looking almost as if once the likeness was captured, nothing was done to smooth it out and soften the skin to look more natural, they end up almost looking like they were carved out of stone.

I'm in love, this is perfect in my eyes.

I really dig the clothing on this NECA figure, anyone know what kit this is or what fig it came off of?

P8200024.JPG

Those are Sideshow's T-800 clothes, at least the leather pants and jacket are, shirt looks different.

Those are Sideshow's T-800 clothes, at least the leather pants and jacket are, shirt looks different.

Thank you Maul, knew you would come through with a answer, wealth of knowledge... wealth of... knowledge :rock :bow

Even with a repaint, I don't dig the Neca head.

:confused: Even without a repaint I think its the best T2 Arnold headsculpt anyone has ever done. I don't understand how anyone can say it doesn't look exactly like him, both in the face and in the hair. Its right there in front of you. But anyway.

That kitbash pictured above looks good but until Hot Toys do one I'm totally happy with the unmodified NECA 12". Sizewise its compatible with Hot Toys figures.

something is wrong with the lips though... theres a chipon the right

They all seem to have that. I wonder if it was deliberate :confused:

Most NECA human portraits end up having a raw/rough look to them, usually a good likeness, but they end up looking almost as if once the likeness was captured, nothing was done to smooth it out and soften the skin to look more natural, they end up almost looking like they were carved out of stone.

Well yes, certainly the head pictured on the previous page without the repaint looks quite raw, with a rough pasty texture to it. But this is why that figure is a lot cheaper than a Hot Toys figure. The likeness is as good or arguably even better than Hot Toys Dutch but the finish isn't up to high-end levels.

Still when you have the NECA figure in person the likeness and accurate build of the figure outweigh the negatives of lower quality texture and paintjob. Flash photography highlights these things more than they actually appear in your hand.

Here's mine:
t2gun.jpg

t2con.jpg

t2con2.jpg

I used a Hot Toys True type body, Saturday toys biker jacket (I really need the pants too...I hate these Sideshow pants), a cast Pop salute head that I rescuplted a bit and a pair of neca glasses to the Pescadero T2 toy.

And yeah, it also needs a belt!

-Joe

Last edited:

If you look at all the pictures over at onesixth at certain angles it's arnold; it ain't perfect.

there is no perfect arnold...

no matter what headsculpt be it hot toys, sideshow, mcfarlane, gentle giant or even neca......... someone is bound to point but the faults and say "pfft its not arnold".

They all seem to have that. I wonder if it was deliberate :confused:
i doubt it go look at the proto figure at the toy shows... i think its a factory error I contacted tankman but he never respond.

there is no perfect arnold...

no matter what headsculpt be it hot toys, sideshow, mcfarlane, gentle giant or even neca......... someone is bound to point but the faults and say "pfft its not arnold".

Indeed, other than shrinking a laser scan of his face down to 1/6, hand sculpted portraits will always leave room for debate because the sculptors will be influenced by their perception of the reference materials, the buyers will be influenced by their mental pictures of the source. Only with an exact laser scane could you ever argue someone's wrong for not thinking a portrait's a perfect likeness because it would be scientifically exacty and not seeing it as a likeness would be in the eye of the beholder but the piece itself would truly be exact.

Child please!......Are you pointing fingers? What does it matter if I think thats a high price and you dont!? Galacticboy is the one whos accusing people for putting down xenos work not me.

Actually not putting down Xeno's work, someone was putting down others work in relation to how much he liked Xeno's.

But also talking about price is not generally accepted, but since that's all been cleared up lets move on :lol

DSC09370.jpg

DSC09373.jpg

Well I certainly know which one I prefer between NECA and Elvis here. I really can't see any room for debate between these two, lazer scanning or not. And I'm quite fond of this shot -

DSC09380.jpg

well thats a no brainer why not bring back the hasbro figure and compare.. lol.
just kidding

i really like the new head by neca but I still love the sculpt done by bergholtz. I'm sure plently of you guys do since most t-2 customs here is just the bergholtz sculpt with a thicker neck brought to you by darren....

I dunno I like em both

and heres one to do elvis some justice

IMG_9221.png

A1-2.png

Last edited:

:lol That sculpt looks familiar. :D I too still prefer Andy B's sculpt over the Neca one. I think Neca got the likeness and hair down very well but it both looks too cartoonish and too rough.

it needs some tweaking... cause in those shots especially the show down between bauer and arnie.. it looks like it came out of a comic book

I really can't see any room for debate between these two, lazer scanning or not.

That's exactly my point, you can't see, but both are hand sculpted potraits, there's room for error and things being different and neither one is exact and perfectly replicating Arnold's head in 1:6, it may look it to someone, but my point was only a laser scanned potrait capturing the face exactly could ever be a true perfect likeness that is perfect regardless of viewer's opinion. Any hand sculpted portrait is perfect only in the eyes of the beholder.

Back