TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havn't keeping up with this thread. So is HT releasing the 1/6 or 1/12 The Bat? I know the 1/6 scale is cancelled. Am I right? Or HT changed their mind?

I believe they're referring to the 1/12th scale Bat. Did you see the crate they needed to ship the 1/6th one to Japan? I can't think of any cost effective way that they could produce and ship that thing.

its 1/12. they already said 1/6 was too expensive to produce and they are doing 1/12 instead.

they are just busy with MoS now. Once that MoS push is over they will announce the Bat and other TDKR stuff before year is over.

I believe they're referring to the 1/12th scale Bat. Did you see the crate they needed to ship the 1/6th one to Japan? I can't think of any cost effective way that they could produce and ship that thing.

its 1/12. they already said 1/6 was too expensive to produce and they are doing 1/12 instead.

they are just busy with MoS now. Once that MoS push is over they will announce the Bat and other TDKR stuff before year is over.

Thanks guys. Maybe SS should offer Flex Pay on shipping cost as well if HT decided to make the 1/6 one:)

Oh man a 1/6 Bat would be so sexy. Would love if they ship in pieces. Just so we could get it in 1/6 scale.

I just wonder if the 1/12th Batman (and Catwoman?) is included or separate. I'm very curious to see what they do with that scale.

Anyone knows whether they would be doing a 1/12th tumbler and batpod to go with this?
Contemplating to go for the 1/6th tumbler but it would look awkward displaying it with a 1/12th the bat. Might as well get everything in the same scale

I would be surprised if the 1/12th scale Bat had a removable figure. I think it will be a static figure and they won't explore any other TDKR vehicles in this scale. This is really just their concession to not being able to bring the 1/6th scale Bat to market.

really would have seen what price they would have came up with for a 1/6 version...

really would have seen what price they would have came up with for a 1/6 version...

I see a lot of people saying they would have wanted a 1:6 scale BAT.
My brother included.
But in all honesty,the price would have to be over $1,000.
There's no way it would come in under that price.
Then how much for shipping on something that big?
It'd have to be freight cost.
1:12 just seems like a cheesy way out for them to get out of the 1:6 scale version.

I'm surprised many of you want a 1/6 scale Bats judging on the size alone. Does everyone have room to fit it anywhere? I don't even think I would be able to get it through my damn door. :panic:

Last edited:
Not to mention the cost of a dedicated custom display for it!! I think it would have been bigger than the MRMF!!

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

I still say (in case HT is reading :lol) that they could produce a 1/6 scale bat. It would just require some assembly which I think would be fun.

Maybe a few Diecast struts for supporting the lower rotors to make everything more secure. If broken down enough it could ship in a box about the size of say a 46"tv box..

Price wise I'd say 800us is feasible. Packaged like I mentioned??.. shipping just shy of 100. But if it was $1000?... I wouldn't be mad. Room to put it somewhere?... It makes sense to hang it from the ceiling perhaps (if ur good at that sort of thing) or I myself was thinking about a custom block stand as if it were left parked on the roof top display in a corner. (where there's a will there's a way being my point with all this..)

It's a long shot, But it is doable. They made a prototype so they're perhaps half way there already and for 1/6th collectors it be a hell of a grail!!

Last edited:
I still say (in case HT is reading :lol) that they could produce a 1/6 scale bat. It would just require some assembly which I think would be fun.

Maybe a few Diecast struts for supporting the lower rotors to make everything more secure. If broken down enough it could ship in a box about the size of say a 46"tv box..

Price wise I'd say 800us is feasible. Packaged like I mentioned??.. shipping just shy of 100. But if it was $1000?... I wouldn't be mad. Room to put it somewhere?... It makes sense to hang it from the ceiling perhaps (if ur good at that sort of thing) or I myself was thinking about a custom block stand as if it were left parked on the roof top display in a corner. (where there's a will there's a way being my point with all this..)

It's a long shot, But it is doable. They made a prototype so they're perhaps half way there already and for 1/6th collectors it be a hell of a grail!!
Would it be epic to see it done? Of course but I think from their stand point, it makes more sense to just pump out a 1/12 scale and be done with it. How many people would pick up 1/6 scale over a 1/12 scale? Now I ask that question in regards to the general public. Many members here would cash out for a 1/6 but I think in a long run, the general audience would easily buy a 1/12 scale over buying a 1/6 scale at a price close to $1000. At 1/12, it's more of a matter of if you want it badly, you can buy it and probably fit it somewhere compared to the factors you would have to think of before buying a 1/6.

Would it be epic to see it done? Of course but I think from their stand point, it makes more sense to just pump out a 1/12 scale and be done with it. How many people would pick up 1/6 scale over a 1/12 scale? Now I ask that question in regards to the general public. Many members here would cash out for a 1/6 but I think in a long run, the general audience would easily buy a 1/12 scale over buying a 1/6 scale at a price close to $1000. At 1/12, it's more of a matter of if you want it badly, you can buy it and probably fit it somewhere compared to the factors you would have to think of before buying a 1/6.

1/6 wont ever happen. plus it would be wayyyyyy more than $1000. One toy fair interviewer last year talked to HTs and said it would cost the price of a small car. There are these really nice 1/6 scare sports cars out there and most cost like $3000-6000+ if not more. The Bat would probably have to cost atleast 2000-3000k minimum and i think it would be even more than that. Also shipping costs would be insane.

1/12 Bat is going to still be around the size of the 1/6 Tumbler. its going to cost atleast $500-600+ i imagine, probably more. Ill be shocked if its less.

Have to agree, morphosis, think a 1:6 Bat would be $3k+. Probably super heavy, unwieldy and fragile (shipping... :thud:).

That said, it's still amazing to me that HT can pull it off in 1:12 for a reasonable price point. No other company out there that's anywhere close to manufacturing what they can (Iron Monger, ED-209, 1:12 Bat-type pieces).

Back