TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did actually find a spot for a 1/6 Bat but it be away from the rest of my collection in the top floor above the dead space of a stairway and would have been wasted as I like to see the stuff I pay money for all night by the TV to get most "value" out of it. Even at 1/12 it would have to be else where until I can afford a bigger living room :?

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

1/6 wont ever happen. plus it would be wayyyyyy more than $1000. One toy fair interviewer last year talked to HTs and said it would cost the price of a small car. There are these really nice 1/6 scare sports cars out there and most cost like $3000-6000+ if not more. The Bat would probably have to cost atleast 2000-3000k minimum and i think it would be even more than that. Also shipping costs would be insane.

1/12 Bat is going to still be around the size of the 1/6 Tumbler. its going to cost atleast $500-600+ i imagine, probably more. Ill be shocked if its less.
That's exactly why I said it makes no sense for them to make it and a 1/12 makes more sense. It'll still be an awesome set up to have a 1/12 next to the tumbler.

That's exactly why I said it makes no sense for them to make it and a 1/12 makes more sense. It'll still be an awesome set up to have a 1/12 next to the tumbler.

1/6 would be a pride show off piece and the one they made achieved that and most will forgive them for not going through with this. Now moving on to the '89 batwing!!!!!!!!!

exactly!!!

Ya close this thread and start 1/12 scale thread. 1/6 talk is a waste at this point. :lol

Have to agree, morphosis, think a 1:6 Bat would be $3k+. Probably super heavy, unwieldy and fragile (shipping... :thud:).

That said, it's still amazing to me that HT can pull it off in 1:12 for a reasonable price point. No other company out there that's anywhere close to manufacturing what they can (Iron Monger, ED-209, 1:12 Bat-type pieces).

Ya, it should just be a museum piece for them to bring around to toy fairs. Love that they made it. :)

Last edited:
I dont know why everybody is quick to say this is unreasonable to make and ship 1/6, look at all of the very Large Figures SideShow sells (https://www.sideshowtoy.com/listing.php?type=Legendary%20Scale(TM)%20Figure&ref=HZ2_BbPT_Legendary%20Scale(TM)%20Figure-Feature, how are they any different than the size of a `1/6 bat, and they come in pieces for assembly so Preshea has a really good idea, if they made it where you assembled alot of it, i think it would be alot of fun to build and would save on shipping.

I would guess that after this 1/12 version is made and if it sells good they would sell a 1/6 edition in very limited quantity; they already of the molds for it clearly so I wouldn't be shocked if we did see this down the road

I dont know why everybody is quick to say this is unreasonable to make and ship 1/6, look at all of the very Large Figures SideShow sells (https://www.sideshowtoy.com/listing...f=HZ2_BbPT_Legendary Scale(TM) Figure-Feature, how are they any different than the size of a `1/6 bat, and they come in pieces for assembly so Preshea has a really good idea, if they made it where you assembled alot of it, i think it would be alot of fun to build and would save on shipping.

I would guess that after this 1/12 version is made and if it sells good they would sell a 1/6 edition in very limited quantity; they already of the molds for it clearly so I wouldn't be shocked if we did see this down the road

I am pretty sure having made the prototype does not mean they made the molds already. As for feasibility of selling it I do agree it is in theory possible but just not their current target market. This will be no doubt amongst one of the biggest pieces most 1/6 collectors would look at and hence for both the collector and HT a new territory. But for most 1/1 bust, PF, statue collectors that sidestep to 1/6 if ever this be possibly an average piece ;)

Last edited:
I dont know why everybody is quick to say this is unreasonable to make and ship 1/6, look at all of the very Large Figures SideShow sells (https://www.sideshowtoy.com/listing.php?type=Legendary%20Scale(TM)%20Figure&ref=HZ2_BbPT_Legendary%20Scale(TM)%20Figure-Feature, how are they any different than the size of a `1/6 bat,

Because Hot Toys did not make any of them. Why not show the lifesize figures? It is large, and has too many weak sections to break..they would take a bath on the returned alone.

People talking about wanting a 1/6 Bat most likely do not the money to buy it. Funny reading the low ball 1000 or less some are throwing out. HT knows that if they price it at the 3 to 4k they would need to turn a profit those same people clamoring for the bat would quickly drop out. I'd be willing to bet only a handful of the talkers have the room to display it. HT was smart not to make this as it would have been a very low volume seller.

I'm surprised that people would spend that much on a 1:6 scale version.
The same people go on and complain about the cost of a single 1:6 scale figure.
Makes no sense.

Just like when everbody said "Ooooo look the 89 burton Batmobile Man I bet this this is gonna be at least maybe 900 or 1200 dollars and I'll still get it!"

Then.... Specs showed it retails for 579. Everybody was stoked and preordered that *****.:)

Ht COULD make this affordable AND turn a profit. The pics of it in that huge (1000 dollars shipped) crate is because it's fully assembled in that pic. Break it down! Sell us plastic pieces in a box with a few key pieces of sturdy metal hardware. Save money on production assembly in ur factory... Charge us 1000 to put the damn thing together ourselves and be wowed so we don't have to realize that 1/12 scale bat looks pretty stupid in a1/6 scale collection.

Quite a few people have spent 1000 dollars on a single figure or custom clothing...regularly. It adds to their collection a great deal and therefore is worth the investment.

Just like when everbody said "Ooooo look the 89 burton Batmobile Man I bet this this is gonna be at least maybe 900 or 1200 dollars and I'll still get it!"

Then.... Specs showed it retails for 579. Everybody was stoked and preordered that *****.:)

Ht COULD make this affordable AND turn a profit. The pics of it in that huge (1000 dollars shipped) crate is because it's fully assembled in that pic. Break it down! Sell us plastic pieces in a box with a few key pieces of sturdy metal hardware. Save money on production assembly in ur factory... Charge us 1000 to put the damn thing together ourselves and be wowed so we don't have to realize that 1/12 scale bat looks pretty stupid in a1/6 scale collection.

Quite a few people have spent 1000 dollars on a single figure or custom clothing...regularly. It adds to their collection a great deal and therefore is worth the investment.

$1000 seems low for a vehicle this size. I think the low ball prices you guys are trhowing out probably proves HT did the smart thing in cancelling it.

Maybe HT should make the talkers put up or shut up by only building this to order and demanding a $1000 NRD up front. Not a bs NRD where someone can transfer it to some other figure. A NRD where you lose it if you back out of the order.

$1000 seems low for a vehicle this size. I think the low ball prices you guys are trhowing out probably proves HT did the smart thing in cancelling it.

Maybe HT should make the talkers put up or shut up by only building this to order and demanding a $1000 NRD up front. Not a bs NRD where someone can transfer it to some other figure. A NRD where you lose it if you back out of the order.

Why is it that u seem so animate about how deeps people's pockets are?
That's not the point.

Size isnt the sole factor in determining a price. Again in the price speculation period, to ALOT of people 600 sure seemed low for the Burton batmobile... But its happening.

There are ways is all Im saying.

It's more about theoretically... doing what they say can't be done. Would I and can I spend 1000 dollars on a 1/6 scale Bat? Yea.. And?
Can I pay 3000 to 4000 for it? Prob so but I wouldnt. Can I afford a 1/12 scale version for less than 1000? Sure... but just don't want it.

Last edited:
I want one, I think I will let them price it first and then see if its worth it to me. It's up to them on how much it would cost to make it and how much profit they want. I think they may still be working to prefect the product and process before announcement. They can always make a few or cancel if preorders don't pan out. It's mostly plastic and labor, those two are very cheap in china.

LoL. They said they aren't making 1/6 several times, they showed the 1/12 and said its coming soon.

but i guess you guys can dream...but it ain't happening at 1/6

this thread really needs to be deleted or turned into the 1/12 thread :lol

uh...okay. so long as they build it.

Can I afford a 1/12 scale version for less than 1000? Sure... but just don't want it.

^^precisely this....

what a stupid pissing contest, honestly.

people who want this will pay for it. and apparently people who don't (or can't) will criticize for no reason at all.

long live the dream of the 1/6 bat!

If they ever make the 1/6 I will need a bigger house, the 1/12 already looks huge :)

THE BAT RISES - Bandai Toys

947120_475453205868866_132164793_n.jpg

181277_475453192535534_1017288721_n.jpg

942832_475453199202200_851999726_n.jpg

419_475453229202197_1075512909_n.jpg

1001305_475453242535529_2082657889_n.jpg

Back