TDK Award Winnings List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh. That article is pretty banal if you ask me. It reads like it's from a school paper... not a major metropolitan newspaper.

Eh. That article is pretty banal if you ask me. It reads like it's from a school paper... not a major metropolitan newspaper.

I do agree with ya, tis true. But it's the only thing they allow us to read down here! :rotfl:rotfl
Well that and USA Today.

Well, for what it's worth I'd probably rather read that than The Atlanta Urinal and Constipation. Absolutely the worst big market paper on the planet. :yuck

Interesting that Heath is #6 to receive an nomination after his death. Not sure if that means anything but some of those other performances were pretty top notch and didn't win.

Film legend James Dean was nominated for best actor twice after his death, for "East of Eden" in 1955 and "Giant" the following year. But Ernest Borgnine won for "Marty" in 1955 and Yul Brynner took the Oscar in 1956 for "The King and I."

More recently, Massimo Troisi was nominated for lead actor for 1995's "The Postman" but lost to Nicolas Cage who starred in "Leaving Las Vegas." Ralph Richardson was nominated for supporting actor for 1984's "Greystroke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes" but Haing S. Ngor won for "The Killing Fields."

A sentimental favorite for a posthumous award in 1967 appeared to be Spencer Tracy, who had died shortly after capping a brilliant career with his performance in "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?"

Tracy, who was the calm voice of reason among black and white parents concerned over their children's planned interracial marriage, lost to Rod Steiger, who starred in the interracial drama "In the Heat of the Night."

And there's also "The Fugitive," "Star Wars: A New Hope," and if I'm not mistaken "Pocahontas," getting Best Picture noms. But not TDK? :banghead

no pocahontas did not get nom for best pic
Beauty and the Beast was the only animated disney film that got nom for best pic. (deserved it though)

New York Post article:
https://www.nypost.com/seven/01232009/entertainment/movies/reader__weep__batman_151405.htm

Wofford was right. Weinstein had his dirty hands in this year's Oscar noms. I hope to God that The Reader goes home empty handed. :)

Well, Kate I think will win, but it has no shot at anything else. It truly is a shame the way Weinstein has manipulated the industry. He's turned the awards season into an arms race. I was seriously shocked when I saw it was The Reader that got in until I looked to see Weinstein's name attached to it. Had it been a movie like Wall*E or the Wrestler I wouldn't have cared to much because they are both deserving, but The Reader doesn't deserve a mention in anyones top 10 let alone a top 5.

That sucks TDK wasn't nominated for best pic. Such a great film. I'm sick of people syaing the academy doesn't go for comic book films etc....well I had the misfortune of watching Ghost Rider for the first time last wknd and my god did TDK look worlds apart. It certainly deserved a nod for it accomplished. Nolan did a great job and took waht he created in Batman Begins to a different level. I wish he got a nod. Fix!

That sucks TDK wasn't nominated for best pic. Such a great film. I'm sick of people syaing the academy doesn't go for comic book films etc....well I had the misfortune of watching Ghost Rider for the first time last wknd and my god did TDK look worlds apart. It certainly deserved a nod for it accomplished. Nolan did a great job and took waht he created in Batman Begins to a different level. I wish he got a nod. Fix!

the 3 big guilds did nominate the
1) Script (script guild)
2) Film (producers guild)
3) Nolan (direcotors guild)

and normally that is a strong indication for the oscar nomination...
so in that context it is dissapointing they haven't been nominated for an oscar in none of the 3 categories.
Best film would be pushing it, but at least Noland should have a nomination. Maybe script.

But hey, like a just said already in this topic, to the fanboys, you should be happy that the film got 8 nominations, including best male supporting actor! :horror
This still is a first ever in comic book movie history!

If the 3rd movie comes in the neighbourhood of TDK in terms of story, and is a relative succes at the box office, the Academy cannot deny it for a 2nd time, maybe the Academy is waiting for the 3rd one like they did with Return Of The King...?

the 3 big guilds did nominate the
1) Script (script guild)
2) Film (producers guild)
3) Nolan (direcotors guild)

and normally that is a strong indication for the oscar nomination...
so in that context it is dissapointing they haven't been nominated for an oscar in none of the 3 categories.
Best film would be pushing it, but at least Noland should have a nomination. Maybe script.

But hey, like a just said already in this topic, to the fanboys, you should be happy that the film got 8 nominations, including best male supporting actor! :horror
This still is a first ever in comic book movie history!

If the 3rd movie comes in the neighbourhood of TDK in terms of story, and is a relative succes at the box office, the Academy cannot deny it for a 2nd time, maybe the Academy is waiting for the 3rd one like they did with Return Of The King...?

Oh hush. Spider-Man got those same noms, so did every other comic film. History is not made. And Al Pachino got a best supporting Nod for D-ick Tracy.

Dont call people fanboys when you have a ^^^^ing bat logo in your avatar. Thats just hypocritical.

The Academy knew that LOTR was coming in 2001-2003 and could award the third film as a representative of the trilogy. There is nothing official yet about a third Nolan Batman and it's years away at best. Had PJ released each LOTR film three years apart instead of three within a period of 24 months, the frenzy wouldn't have built up the way it did. The Academy is NOT waiting to award a third Nolan film. TDK had it's chance and they went with The Reader instead.

I would have liked TDK to get a directing nod, but not being up for any major awards is fine. That way the movie won't get the Oscar backlash that movies like Titanic, Gladiator and Return of the King got.

Oh hush. Spider-Man got those same noms, so did every other comic film. History is not made. And Al Pachino got a best supporting Nod for D-ick Tracy.

Dont call people fanboys when you have a ^^^^ing bat logo in your avatar. Thats just hypocritical.

that bat logo is from a movie and fanboys are more than movie-lovers imo :duh
If I were a real batman fanboy I would have read many of the comics at the least..but I haven't even read one comic (yet)! :horror
So no, I have to differ with you! no, I even resent you calling me a fanboy just becaus I have the logo of TDK. It would be far to easy and cheap of you to label me fanboy so you can call me a hypocrit.

I am a movie buff in the first place, I do not consider myself at all a fanboy! Lol not so long ago I even had a terminator signature, so I am far from a real batman-fanboy or comic book hero fanboy.

And I was talking about TDK being the first of the comic book films that made SO MUCH nods! 8.
Spider-man had only 2 nods! :rolleyes:
Spider-man 2 had only 2 nods and 1 win
X-men and X2 had nothing
^^^^ Tracey who has a nod for best supporting actor had 7 nods in total!
So 8 is new for a comic book movie, that was what I was meaning to point out.
TDK combined almost all technical nods + a best supporting nod!!

Okay, I know you are kinda frustrated about TDK not being nominated for Best Film in the first place (and best script and best director) but I repeat, can't you just simply be glad it got 8 nominations already and can't you try to do normal about it? instead of being this rude frustrating guy? :monkey1
so please, try to keep it civile.

7...tech noms. Important to the film? Oh yes, do those people deserve praise? Hell yes...but in the grand scheme of things, if it wasnt for Nolan they wouldnt even be there. So....7 TECH noms, mean nothing. Its not history, its not new, its the same ol, same ol. ONE more then ^^^^ Tracy doesnt make movie history.

And you still have a bat avatar, and you're still calling people fanboys. I dont care if you are a film buff. Just seems silly to me.

Back