Tatooine Scene: Searching for Droids

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Chris. He's such an awesome figure. That's the only reason why I decided to to this, to give him a back drop worthy of his quality...i'm trying. He belong's in Dutchman's Tantive..:wink1:

That's actually a great idea.....somebody got a spare Tamashii 3PO???:lol
Well Bones...that's one hell of a diorama. You are really making an effort and a job well done. Complements all around and hoping you continue building dioramas....

Very nice bro! Very nice indeed! I wish i could buy one off u or at least the doorway lolz. U Sould make a sandy floor for the front of the door to set it off the last little bit!

Thanks, Brother! I am definitely planning to put sand. As soon as I finish the weathering and most of the interior I plan to lay down my sand scheme. I think i am going to try something a little different this time.

Anyway here's the progress on the weathering.

That's actually a great idea.....somebody got a spare Tamashii 3PO???:lol

Well Bones...that's one hell of a diorama. You are really making an effort and a job well done. Complements all around and hoping you continue building dioramas....

Thanks, my friend. My wife and I were admiring your dio's a while back and that gave me some leeway to do something a little more on the grand scale. Your dio's are legend, my friend. So I take this art pretty seriously knowing what you guys are doing.

I'm trying...it's definitely a learning process. I'm having fun and rediscovering my lost love..Star Wars.

6FA72AF3-879B-4109-8210-16CF3A506C61-6058-0000041F8D17229B_zpsb450b7a3.jpg

530731E4-DA04-42D5-8620-1CC873AD112A-6058-0000042AB5DBDC64_zpsdbe4e7e0.jpg

My reference:

star-wars-a-new-hope-stormtrooper-blaster-high-definition_zpsc05c8173.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Feroze! I missed it on a couple of things, I think I might have rushed through it. But I can get some great photos when the lighting is right.

I'm gong to build the other side of the street (false face) in the future, then lay down the sand so I can get some photos of my Marmits knockin on doors.

@Scallywag: Thanks, my friend. I'm eyeballing your progress too. That's a very sweet project you are working on.

the subtle weathering on r2 looks great SB.
Thanks, barryo. This R2 has a darker off white paint than the Taito. I'm going to try and repaint the Tatito, but I am not sure of the white R2 is supposed to be. Got any tips?

Now THIS looks like a screen shot! :clap :clap
Thanks Chaka! I hope to lay down the sand this weekend, but I've been dragging my feet while I work in the interior of this building, which is still in progress...not sure what i'm gonna do.

That's beautiful work Solo!!! :rock

I'll be watching this space too! :clap :hi5:
Thanks VDG. I jacked up the door well a bit, as I rushed through it. If I took my time It could have come out better...but, no worries.

That taito clock looks so much better there, I need one now haha
Haha! I love to see them together, but like Lejuan said, these R2's aren't a Tamashi.

Also, this one is actually the action alarm clock, not the Taito...but I got a Taito too...going to try and repaint it, and maybe light it up. I'm pretty nervous about the attempt, but, might as well go for it...it's just an alarm clock. :)

Love it! This looks as good as those other images of the 3PO pose you posted a while back. Just get a shot with more dramatic light and you'll easily convince most people it's 1:1 scene. At least most people who don't frequent this thread/forum. ;) When you throw some sand down it's going to be icing on the cake.

Haha, thanks, man!

I have to wait until 1:00-1:45pm to get the sun roof lights to hit the display. Looks like I'm going to have to work from home one day this week to grab that photo.

Haha - wow man, that's awesome work! :clap

Your trooper on the right looks almost identical to the guy in the still.

Needless to say, I've been watching eBay for Marmit Stormies - seems to be a drought at the moment. :lol

Inspiration:
star-wars-a-new-hope-stormtrooper-blaster-high-definition_zpsc05c8173.jpg

This is the best I could come up with, the weather hasn't been cooperating and with summer the sun has moved and no longer reflects directly onto the wall, and if it did the cloud cover prevented the same types of photos. Going to have to move the dio or wait a year. Haha.

Back