Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, that may be true. The legs could be a little bit elongated. Maybe to accommodate the Kenny legs more easily.

Those legs can stretch. When he's in a prone position the body is usually sitting lower. Look how much he can adjust the length in anh when he's stamping his feet. I agree the figure has his legs stretched. Though I wonder why s.o.c. did the costume version with the large tubes vs the remote controlled prop.

I'm pretty positive about this one. If Tamashi apply the same quality and detail to this as they did with 3PO then it's going to be awesome

I'm pretty positive about this one. If Tamashi apply the same quality and detail to this as they did with 3PO then it's going to be awesome

Yeah, I recently took out my Tama 3PO thinking maybe I'd sell it - soon as I saw it I had an OMG moment and put it right back on display.:lol

It's such an astounding piece. So yeah, I think you're pretty safe with Tamashii, and people should remember that there really was quite a major jump in quality between the protos they showed and the finished figure.

Yeah, I recently took out my Tama 3PO thinking maybe I'd sell it - soon as I saw it I had an OMG moment and put it right back on display.:lol

It's such an astounding piece. So yeah, I think you're pretty safe with Tamashii, and people should remember that there really was quite a major jump in quality between the protos they showed and the finished figure.

^ This :goodpost:

You're right. Tamashi actually greatly improved the C3PO for it's production release. I expect their R2 to follow suit.

Funny as this seems to be the complete reverse for SSC proto's and production figures! :slap

attachment.php

attachment.php

Think SS does the job....still...I don't think I can resist buying the Tama one....

Love those pics, Flying Dutchman - I'd take some rubbing alcohol to R2's dome though. It comes up really very nice and metallic with about ten minutes of wiping.

I'm soooo buying this the day it's released, the Tama 3PO is the best 1/6 figure I own and my all time favourite collectible.

I love everything so far about this R2. It feels like the perfect R2 collectible to me.
Yes the rivet are on the large side, so were 3PO's arms' pistons , and with the figure in hand it was actually per-fect.
Sturdy, not flimsy, just perfect.

I've never been so excited for a 1/6 scale figure before.
And if they had the genius idea of releasing it in a two-pack with 3po, I'll even get it ! (and probably repaint my former Tama 3PO with a Tatooine look)
So cool we're finally getting this. Patience is a virtue :)
BRING IT ON !

ps: and Bandai, I wouldn't mind a diecast Tama IG88, and a Death Star Droid too... :monkey3

That's awesome! I wonder if SS will distribute it.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

And unlike most companies, Tamashii tends to stick to its release dates.

Which is kind of problematic nowadays as it give very little time to save up and make it hard to budget with releases from Sideshow and Hot Toys being moved around under short notice.
Anyway, will have to get this even if it means using emergency funds.

287ab0a6c51f79458859ff225be031b6.jpg

Pencilled in for an August release according to Facebook.

Sent from the Death Star communication division.

That's awesome! I wonder if he'll come with any attachments to his compartments like the interface rod thing he uses.

What are all those little parts in the bottom row, second from left? Is it R2 in pieces?

It looks like some arms will be included. Not sure if they are attachable or fixed/hidden, though.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

That's awesome! I wonder if he'll come with any attachments to his compartments like the interface rod thing he uses.

What are all those little parts in the bottom row, second from left? Is it R2 in pieces?

Probably just showcasing which parts are actually diecast

Probably just showcasing which parts are actually diecast

Is is just my eyes or do I not see the dome included in that tiny pic of the diecast parts?

The one drawback besides the rivets (which I can't make out in these newest pics) is that the dome has appeared to be painted in all the show pics. I really hope they haven't made the dome plastic due to the electronics and sculpt issues.

The HT R2 dome is a bit off sculptwise seemingly due to the fact it is diecast - certain things can't be as thin in brittle diecast and detail isn't as fine, and also maybe mounting of electronics and touch switches are tougher with metal, so maybe Tama decided to go with a plastic dome?

Back