Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it cannot be 175.

Here it seems to be 182,9.

Are you serious? lol

imagek.jpg

Are you serious? lol
The post above was what I was responding to. Parra has a couple measurements in there, neither of which were the 176 you have in your post. Anyhow, I had just edited my post when you quoted me, as at a quick glance I had been thinking I was looking at centimeters on that ruler.

The post above was what I was responding to. Parra has a couple measurements in there, neither of which were the 176 you have in your post. Anyhow, I had just edited my post when you quoted me, as at a quick glance I had been thinking I was looking at centimeters on that ruler.

Ooohh :slap 176MM was the estimated height given by Tamashii Nations, not much difference between 174 and 176MM if you ask me.

Millimeters shmillimeters! He still looks too small next to the protocol droid

That R2 looks stellar. I can't decide if I should hold out for this or wait for the TFA (or someday ANH) HT version?

The rivets don't really bother me anymore but the finish on the dome is strange. Why paint it when bare metal would mirror the actual prop? I'm leaning more toward the Tamashii R2 over Hot Toys but I'm really hoping they make the dome more like Hot Toys.

EDIT: Just went back and saw that only the bottom portion of R2 is die cast. That actually swings my decision over to the Hot Toys version. For whatever reason I really want that die cast dome, despite it being underscale.

If money were no object I'd make an Tamashii/Hot Toys mod, resulting in an almost completely die cast R2 unit.

Last edited:
Back