Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Tama and SS versions so i am done with R2. I would never use any of the extras that come withthe new HT version anyway.

Not sure why Tama didn’t make a die cast dome. Their 3PO separated them from the rest. A let down imo

LOTS of talk on why and how Tamashii ended up with the plastic dome and HT got the die cast. Many years of threads to read if you want that answer. In the end, there are a cornucopia of R2s to choose from, way more than any collector deserves. We are rich with R2s and all one needs is to choose one.

Awesome work on the Tamashii. What the hell did you do to him? Is it just washes?! It looks extremely realistic...
I also love that you switched the original boots on the Luke pilot for the HT Bespin Luke ones. Didn't you like the looks of the original ones, or were they too stiff? The original ones were more accurate to what is seen on-screen, right?
Did you have to change the SSC body too for compatibility with the HT boots?
m.

Awesome work on the Tamashii. What the hell did you do to him? Is it just washes?! It looks extremely realistic...
I also love that you switched the original boots on the Luke pilot for the HT Bespin Luke ones. Didn't you like the looks of the original ones, or were they too stiff? The original ones were more accurate to what is seen on-screen, right?
Did you have to change the SSC body too for compatibility with the HT boots?
m.

Thank you!

I hired a professional, I sent my R2 to the FX-laboratory here in Spain. Carlos made the weathering on R2. He said that if I want to remove the weathering I can do it, using only water. So I guess you are close to being right...

I did not like Luke's Hoth boots by Sideshow. They look too plastic-y to me. So I used the Hot Toys DX07 boots.
It is not a matter of accuracy, since the boots in the movie look different in each scene. These just look more realistic to me, and elevate the overall feel of the figure.

And yes, I had to replace the body too, I am using a DX07 body!

Just got the Tama in today. The only thing about the HT that wins is the dome. And I can live with it.

Would like the lights to not "time out" on me....anyone know if that can be modded?

Out of interest, how much does 3PO go for these days?

According to the four most recently completed auctions on ebay the average they go for is $389.50.... but one person tried unsuccessfully to sell theirs for $235. So who knows? :lol

According to the four most recently completed auctions on ebay the average they go for is $389.50.... but one person tried unsuccessfully to sell theirs for $235. So who knows? :lol

Sideshow’s retail was $400. Few people would’ve paid that much for it but I’m a little surprised it’s stayed below $500.

Sideshow’s retail was $400. Few people would’ve paid that much for it but I’m a little surprised it’s stayed below $500.

I think I bought mine from amazon for $240... that was like a year after release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers... it’s weird how one of what I consider the best, and let’s face it most iconic cinematic characters goes for such a (don’t get me wrong) reasonable price, compared to more recent Iron Man figures... it’s a zeitgeist thing I guess!
I’ll never sell my original, but came by a second for a deal... was hoping to make some money for my daughters college fund... not so hopeful now ��

Cheers... it’s weird how one of what I consider the best, and let’s face it most iconic cinematic characters goes for such a (don’t get me wrong) reasonable price, compared to more recent Iron Man figures... it’s a zeitgeist thing I guess!
I’ll never sell my original, but came by a second for a deal... was hoping to make some money for my daughters college fund... not so hopeful now ��

I recently sold mine on eBay and it went for £410, if that helps inform.

Just picked up R2 for AU$200 from a local hobby store that had him discounted plus 20% off. Couldn?t believe it! I have wanted this figure for ages but thought he would always be out of my budget. So happy!
He?s replaced my Sideshow which was nice but felt somewhat lacking next to the Chogokin 3PO.
7fea11ebaf1f9bfc288e0e1e4b240e50.jpg
2213e4048f0ecf77ae2739997b693f71.jpg
c611b1715260f58a078aa77b8fc2c38a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just picked up R2 for AU$200 from a local hobby store that had him discounted plus 20% off. Couldn?t believe it! I have wanted this figure for ages but thought he would always be out of my budget. So happy!
He?s replaced my Sideshow which was nice but felt somewhat lacking next to the Chogokin 3PO.
7fea11ebaf1f9bfc288e0e1e4b240e50.jpg
2213e4048f0ecf77ae2739997b693f71.jpg
c611b1715260f58a078aa77b8fc2c38a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Their both beautiful figures. Congrats on picking R2 up so cheap! I have these myself on display at my work desk. I remember the rivet’s marks were widely criticised on R2, but I for one really like them.

Their both beautiful figures. Congrats on picking R2 up so cheap! I have these myself on display at my work desk. I remember the rivet’s marks were widely criticised on R2, but I for one really like them.

Thanks! Yeah, I was incredibly lucky to wander in. Saw the 20% off signs out the front and thought I'd have a look.
I love both of them too. The R2 is a 9.5/10 in my eyes. If the dome was die-cast, it would be a perfect 10. I'm fine with the rivets as well and don't really care that he doesn't come with all the accessories of the recent Hot Toys (though that is an amazing release). I love the weight of it!
I'll put some batteries in later. So happy with this purchase.

Thanks! Yeah, I was incredibly lucky to wander in. Saw the 20% off signs out the front and thought I'd have a look.
I love both of them too. The R2 is a 9.5/10 in my eyes. If the dome was die-cast, it would be a perfect 10. I'm fine with the rivets as well and don't really care that he doesn't come with all the accessories of the recent Hot Toys (though that is an amazing release). I love the weight of it!
I'll put some batteries in later. So happy with this purchase.

Wasn't Gamesworld, was it? Got mine for $250 a couple of months back and couldn't believe the price.

Back