Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics with lights on. It?s 1977 again! [emoji16]
1f10285b08676a516a1ba7451ab996ad.jpg
eb0fc4ffa3e62993bb1d9f643369c491.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats, I ended up with the HT but was always tempted by this to match my Tama 3PO, would love to get a hold of that R2 stand one day.

Congrats, I ended up with the HT but was always tempted by this to match my Tama 3PO, would love to get a hold of that R2 stand one day.

Yeah, I have my Tama 3PO with the DX HT R2 and it looks pretty great as a pair. I got a good deal on the HT R2 though and never saw the Tama R2 for a good price, though I think I preferred the HT anyway.

Picked him up for the price of the SSC version during Bluefin?s sale months back.

Then picked up the HT DX a few weeks ago :monkey3

It's so incredibly strange that they made a mostly metal R2 but didn't make the dome metal. Just a staggeringly bizarre decision.

s-l1600.jpg

Is there any reason to believe that that's the trickiest party? I know HT did it but they have deep pockets and nobody else has attempted it seemingly -- though didn't the original underscaled Tama have a metal
dome?

Still, I saw the Tama in person once behind glass at Midtown Comics and the dome seemed fine. Better than the SS, no seams, and the overall size is great. I think my only gripe outside the dome not being metal would be the notches for the panels, and the tools look weird to me but I don't really care about those since the HT ones look great. Rivets didn't bother me much, even though they are a tad too visible.

If I were to have two R2s, the Tama might be the one I'd want. I currently have the TFA version boxed up, had been undecided on what to do with it. I suppose I could sell it and pick up the Tama.

I never like the stand, R2 doesn't need a stand just ask Hot Toys.

I didn't think it matched my other stands.

Then I realised my other stands did not match.

Actually that's not true, my Endor stand matches Chirrut on Jedha and the Predator home world.

the new Hot Toys looks superior to all other releases, but there is something I find very annoying in the Hot Toys, the light function is terrible. Looks like a toy police car with the lights on.

Bandai did a great job with the light function in the Tamashii.

I have the HT, but I think this is a very close second. If I could, I would get this as a second R2 and would pair perfectly with my Tama Threepio. That die cast body paint looks luscious!

Decided to finally pick this up. After I got the new Hot Toys deluxe I initially was going to keep my TFA R2 as a second R2 but was always tempted by the Tama to pair with 3PO. Love the Kenny Baker tubes. It's insanely heavy. Still such a pretty good price on Amazon, decent option for anyone who missed out on the new Hot Toys and just wants a clean R2.

R2-split.jpg

Congrats, Ed! That's a real bargain for an R2 unit in such first-class condition. I'm quite sure you'll be very pleased with that one.

Congrats, Ed! That's a real bargain for an R2 unit in such first-class condition. I'm quite sure you'll be very pleased with that one.
thanks Ian i was surprised he was still sitting there at that price. i watched it for 3 days and it was still there so i jumped on it. always wanted to get him but could never find a deal for him until now :yess:

thanks Ian i was surprised he was still sitting there at that price. i watched it for 3 days and it was still there so i jumped on it. always wanted to get him but could never find a deal for him until now :yess:
Congrats! It's a solid piece, I was overjoyed when Tamashi finally decided to release R2. I got 3po from amazon for $280 6 months after release and R2 from an HK dealer for I think around $200. They are a solid pairing and the only R2 and 3PO I need , HT be damned . LOL!

yeah i probable wouldn't have gotten the Ht 3po anyways since i had the tama version. the sideshow 3po looks ok but the tama is where it`s at.
I don't think HT would be able to top it and if they tried it would be around $500 or better if they tried full diecast. The MSRP for the tamashi through SS was $400 which I why I waited it out after it was released.

Back