Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that HT dome on the Tamashi body, that's a real notable difference. It makes the rivets a non issue, but then theres the fingernail slits.....that's so "alarm clock R2-D2".

Can anyone mash all the details of the Tama with the HT dome and the movement of the Sphero into one unit????? Matrix, Joost?? :lol

What's frustrating about both new R2's - HT and Tama - is that more than improved finish/realism, I was really wanting an R2 that was bigger in terms of girth and also a bit in height over the Sideshow R2, which always feels a touch too small (mostly, thin) on display. The Sideshow diameter is around 2 15/16" and unfortunately both the HT and Tama seem to have come in around that - the HT maybe being 1/32" bigger than the Tama, but both at the same 'a hair under 3"' mark that the Sideshow is.

Even though these new R2's are truly incredible detail and finish-wise and a noticeable leap forward over the Sideshow, to me, the Taito clock (unfortunately, with its low-end sculpt detail and poor paint apps) is the only R2 figure that seems about right in terms of girth and overall "size" for R2 - it measures at a little over 3 1/8" diameter. With corrected feet (the Taito foot sculpt is missing the lower tread portion) it's maybe a 1/4" taller and a 1/4" wider than the Sideshow.

There does seem to have been some size variance for the screen-used R2 builds depending on what it had to do onscreen, and supposedly the ESB and ROTJ R2's were rebuilt slightly smaller than the ANH versions, so I guess I'll just have settle for the smaller of that range.

I'm planning to customize the Taito I have to be quite weathered to cover up the poorer sculpt issues, but I have a feeling he's the one I'll be partnering up with my Tama 3PO, not the HT or Tama (I'm getting whichever I can get the best deal on) which I'll use for a "centerpiece" display on his own.

You can actually get this from Amazon( sold and delivered by Amazon)for 247 plus applicable tax and free shipping. Puts most people in the 260delivered range I believe...

Anyone on the fence don’t hesitate. This is to the HT what the HT is to the SS. The rivets & lack of stainless steel dome only become amplified on photos, in person they’re really a non issue. The thing that bugs me more is lack of the black front projector, but there’s plenty more to like.

Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Wow that's an awesome price on Amazon, damn it should have waited and not brought it on eBay [emoji20]

$171 on Amazon Japan. So tempted to grab another but I just got 5 Hot Toys in the last 2 weeks including Hulkbuster. My wallet needs a breather.

Both droids are available at Shop Bluefin including C-3PO for anyone who missed out. Free shipping and 10% off your first order using the code 10SOC

https://shop.bluefinbrands.com/figures/tamashii-nations/12-pm.html

Thanks for that! 3po for 360 shipped. I held off on the r2 because it dropped in price again on amazon -239 shipped if you have prime.

Edit: Ugh, yeah after tax it comes up to 262. So bluefin would have been a dollar cheaper and already ordered...

so i splurged and ended up combining the HT dome with the Bandai body, loving the results.

Im in the process of cleaning up the HT dome, and for anyone curious they match up perfectly (ive affixed them with magnets. Ill check in with photos soon

so i splurged and ended up combining the HT dome with the Bandai body, loving the results.

Im in the process of cleaning up the HT dome, and for anyone curious they match up perfectly (ive affixed them with magnets. Ill check in with photos soon

Can't wait to see your work!

I’m looking forward to seeing this as well, nice job.

Back