Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of the Tama 3PO plated diecast's surface is exposed - it has a clear-coat over all metallic surfaces, so it may be tricky or impossible to clean up any additional surface paint using solvents without also removing that clear coat. YMMV.

Last edited:
If it's acrylic, I would think it would be possible to wash or rub off with a bit of alcohol once it's dry. Or does it go down a bit more permanently than that on the diecast metal? Or leave some discoloration afterwards maybe?

Wiping it before it dries, that's what I did

If the pins are out of the arm Pistons is this an easy fix of just repositioning the arms so they slot back in or would this be considered beyond repair?

On mine you can put the pin back in, but it will always be possible for it to slide out easily again. Haven't looked at it carefully enough to see what keeps it in on the other side.

Got it. One more question, are the hands able to spin 360 at the wrist or is this a sign of breakage? Im about to put an offer in on one but it's clearly not minty fresh.

This quote is from long ago in this thread, but still applies.

:lecture This is the type of figure that you sell other figures to be able to afford. The type of figure you'd reduce your entire 1/6 collection to two if that was the only way to own it. The type of figure that makes you a better man. The man who owns this figure is a man of integrity and someone to be trusted. The man who chooses not to own this figure is suspect. I shall mount this figure on the bonnet of my 1987 Ford Laser and indulge in an afternoon of motoring, enjoying as I drive the admiring and envious glances of passers-by.

oh yeah I still walk by the display case and look at him all the time it`s a great figure. I would love to give him the bendable fingers of the sideshow version to make him look even better

some pics.

IMGP3006sm.jpg

IMGP2953sm.jpg

Back