Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I thought for sure this would be out of my price range (and I'd be waiting for the Sideshow version), but I finally saw one used on Amazon for $269 and just couldn't resist. And I gotta say it looks freakin AMAZING in hand.

At some point I definitely want to add some weathering, but at the moment I'm just going to enjoy it in all it's clean and shiny glory. :D

IMG_0850 (676x800).jpg

IMG_0845 (489x900).jpg

IMG_0842 (576x900).jpg

Ok I thought for sure this would be out of my price range (and I'd be waiting for the Sideshow version), but I finally saw one used on Amazon for $269 and just couldn't resist. And I gotta say it looks freakin AMAZING in hand.

At some point I definitely want to add some weathering, but at the moment I'm just going to enjoy it in all it's clean and shiny glory. :D

Hooray. Nice deal, that was my reaction too. Looks so great with R2.

I have to admit I was kinda thrown by the lack of articulation in the legs. I know there was some talk in reviews about "limited articulation", but I never would have imagined it would be as limited as this!! Lol

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
I had to weather mine it looked too clean like he'd come out of the showroom or something

But he his a terrific figure weathered or unweathered

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    779.5 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    346.6 KB · Views: 267
Yeah that's still my favorite weathering job on this. Could you remind us please what color and kind of paint you used for that? Just brown acrylic?

Looking at movie photos, it kinda looks like there's a few different things going on: A flatter gold color, a more obvious dirt color, and then the darker grime or oil.

Yeah that's still my favorite weathering job on this. Could you remind us please what color and kind of paint you used for that? Just brown acrylic?

Looking at movie photos, it kinda looks like there's a few different things going on: A flatter gold color, a more obvious dirt color, and then the darker grime or oil.
Yes mate dark and light brown acrylic

I do wish it were possible to dim the eyes a bit, because they are briiight. I wonder if using lower voltage batteries might work? Or are there not many options when it comes to those cell batteries?

Yeah if I could find this figure for a decent price I'd love to try that. Not sure I'd have the guts to do it though.

I do wish it were possible to dim the eyes a bit, because they are briiight. I wonder if using lower voltage batteries might work? Or are there not many options when it comes to those cell batteries?

There are no options when it comes to batteries. Using gels is the easiest way to change that. Neutral density if you want to affect the brightness, orange if you also want to change the color.

haha, please cat, you said you used light and dark brown acrylic, but... two coats? one main coat of light brown, some touches of dark brown...? how did you do it.

as for the eye mod, I used a mix of these:

image.jpg

haha, please cat, you said you used light and dark brown acrylic, but... two coats? one main coat of light brown, some touches of dark brown...? how did you do it.

With Acrylics water them down a tad and airbrush, all you are trying to do is get the paint in the cracks and in the joints and then wiping it clean
while the paint is still wet

If it's acrylic, I would think it would be possible to wash or rub off with a bit of alcohol once it's dry. Or does it go down a bit more permanently than that on the diecast metal? Or leave some discoloration afterwards maybe?

Back