Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kinda regretting smashing the stand when I smashed my defective 3PO from sideshow :(

But stuff it, it's an easy build, I think I'll just make a new seamless one that will accommodate both figures.

Or I could just not worry about it 'cause I usually don't use stands anyway. I only have 3PO on the stand for gravitas, like, "yeah b **tch, I'm a super high-end piece, 'cause I'm on a stand and none of you other suckers are". It's certainly not for stability.

And Vintij, there I was thinking you'd boxed the whole thing just 'cause you couldn't trust the stand :lol

:lol

If the stand was like a 'real' environment styled base - like the actual floor of the Tantive IV, or the bowels of the Sandcrawler or something - that'd be cool.

It's not though. It's just a tacky looking ornamental $2 shop style thing that doesn't work well - as far as I'm concerned.

Still gotta buy this 3PO but it doesn't look like I'm gonna get the deal I wanted... The R2 certainly isn't gonna help make threepio any cheaper.

I got 3PO for $300 from a fellow board member. The sooner you get him the better... I imagine once R2 drops the prices / demand will increase.

A lot of people seem to think a Sideshow 3po is inevitable, so I would not be surprised if that would cause Tamashii prices to drop. That being said I love having the figure, and regardless of any versions to come, this will be my favorite.

Last edited:
Here's the setup. The figures on crotch-grabbers move more than 3PO.

ajy4a2ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, no stand at all?? It really goes to show me how very loose the ankles are on mine. There is no way in hell I'd stand him on his own and leave him. :lol

Wow, no stand at all?? It really goes to show me how very loose the ankles are on mine. There is no way in hell I'd stand him on his own and leave him. :lol

It helps tremendously if you turn his feet outward and lean his upper body back a little bit, pretty much how he stood IRL, and how WTC has him standing.

Regardless of how stable he actually does stand, I would never have him without a clamp of some kind because you never know.

I have mine standing on the back of Jabba's throne...no stand...he is quite well balanced...

Mine stands right next to Jabba's throne, leaning back a little, and hasn't moved a bit since i put him there 6 months ago.

It helps tremendously if you turn his feet outward and lean his upper body back a little bit, pretty much how he stood IRL, and how WTC has him standing.

When I put the feet outward it get worse. He just wants to fall forward no matter how his back is positioned. The ankle are super weak on mine.

On another note, people love Threepio when I have guests over. Some times I'll let someone hold him just to show how heavy he is. Usually people are too scared to touch my stuff though after I tell them how much they cost. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Last edited:
my 3po feet are stiff. ever since I had him he`s been holding up well with out the stand. I don't move him much as the more you pose him the looser the joints will be

When I put the feet outward it get worse. He just wants to fall forward no matter how his back is positioned. The ankle are super weak on mine.

On another note, people love Threepio when I have guests over. Some times I'll let someone hold him just to show how heavy he is. Usually people are too scared to touch my stuff though after I tell them how much they cost. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

That's strange. Turning the feet out should essentially lock the ankle joint so there is no pivoting, especially forward.

Yeah, people are still stunned at the cost of my figures. Can't say I blame them! :lol

Back