Statue T-800 Endoskeleton Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow T-800 Endoskeleton Maquette

I have zero interest in a terminator without a gun. I don't care which movie he's from or what the scene is supposed to represent. Oh well, there will be another one down the road. Congrats to those who dig this.

I have zero interest in a terminator without a gun. I don't care which movie he's from or what the scene is supposed to represent. Oh well, there will be another one down the road. Congrats to those who dig this.

im just going to get a neca 1/4 rifle and display it with that, hand is open and should fit fine

I don't mind that is has no gun as it's T1, and even though the EX is a bit of a cop out, I suppose nameplate is... ok. Can pose my T1 PF next to this and the name plate in front of them both. Definitely concerned about the ratio of plastic though with a US $600 price tag. They said that ("mixture of") about the Man of Steel PF as well and the only thing polystone was the base...

I think it looks good, but I am disappointed they went with that pose over the twin Rifle variant teased in the same art work as a slightly different version of this final piece.

mPl627l.jpg

The middle sketch is basically exactly the same pose as the T1 police station shootout PF. Would be silly to make a T1 endo the same. Even moreso considering it never wielded a gun.

Dont care about the lack of gun. I wanna like the pose just wish his stance wasn't as wide or crouched as low. All i see is predator or spiderman.

the-terminator-t-800-maquette-300157-07.jpg

I'm a big fan of Terminator but this pose appears to show a Terminator just finishing taking a huge dump and he's looking for the TP. How does SS keep screwing up poses for a lot of their statues.

Dont care about the lack of gun. I wanna like the pose just wish his stance wasn't as wide or crouched as low. All i see is predator or spiderman.
Even if the Endoskeleton did do this pose in the movie, it's not the way I would like to see it immortalized as a statue on my shelf. Like yourself, I don't see the Endo in this piece.
View attachment 277360

I'm a big fan of Terminator but this pose appears to show a Terminator just finishing taking a huge dump and he's looking for the TP. How does SS keep screwing up poses for a lot of their statues.
:hi5: :rotfl

I think the pose is fantastic. Why does an endoskeleton have to look robotic?. With skin on, its motions have to be as fluid as a human's. Remember, you're not supposed to be able to tell it's a robot. The endo in T1 looked robotic only because, 1. it had a damaged leg and 2. it was done with stop motion. The endo's abilities sans skin were displayed properly in Genisys.
Agreed, but the problem with this reasoning, this isn't a T-800 with skin. SS decided to pose the T-800 in Endoskeleton form... and it looks pretty robotic to me. :)

What!? It's not Chromed either? No deal.

Do the eyes light up?

its to thin, it doesnt look threatening or menacing as the t-800 did and should, the stance is crap, the materials description is ambiguous and seems to be that way so they can fill it with cheap pressed plastic parts, and its clearly built to appeal to women collectors, of whom there must be about 3 in the world. the sideshow text reads "a critical centrepiece to any collector who values Skynet over HER own safety." in my experience most guys i meet are forced to sell their collectibles when they hook up with some chic, so that the money can be spent on shoes and handbags and other pointless junk at the mall. so im not sure who sideshow are aiming at with this. plus $600 for a premium format is just taking the piss. good luck with that.

Would have loved to have added something like this to my collection but the wide stance pose and cost will probably keep me from ordering. In general, Sideshow's character poses really suck the bag. It's puzzling.

Okay. Well, I gotta have it because it's the T1 endo which I'm a massive fan of. And yeah, no gun, no problem. No chrome, no problem. If you're a true T1 fan you know why. The pose? The legs are a bit wide apart but I think if that right leg was turned in just a little more would be fine. Like he's rising from the fire, which is cool because that was thee all time iconic moment of seeing what a terminator actually looks like for the first time and it was love at first sight for me. The price? Who can argue that? It's retarded. Good thing I rarely buy anymore because I've got almost all of the iconic film characters I ever cared to own in my collection already and so am down to about one statue every two years now. I'll look forward to this. Ordered.

is it just me? the skull looks a lot more like genisys endoskeleton skull than t1 skull, with a t1 body.

Okay. Well, I gotta have it because it's the T1 endo which I'm a massive fan of. And yeah, no gun, no problem. No chrome, no problem. If you're a true T1 fan you know why. The pose? The legs are a bit wide apart but I think if that right leg was turned in just a little more would be fine. Like he's rising from the fire, which is cool because that was thee all time iconic moment of seeing what a terminator actually looks like for the first time and it was love at first sight for me. The price? Who can argue that? It's retarded. Good thing I rarely buy anymore because I've got almost all of the iconic film characters I ever cared to own in my collection already and so am down to about one statue every two years now. I'll look forward to this. Ordered.
T1 fan here, so yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. People who may have missed the T2 version years ago most certainly want the guns, but the Terminator had no way of bringing those back through time. The endo didn't have a chrome look in the first move, maybe because he got scorched, so another plus. The stance is fine with me. It would have been nice to get that damaged leg pose, however, with the base shown, it is evident that this does not represent a scene from the movie. I actually like the fact that we get a fully functional T1 endo, unhampered by injury.

Eventhough the pose isn't scene specific I like it a lot....the 'rising up from the ashes' feeling the endo transmits is great imo.

Back