T-800 done with Solidworks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: T-800 Forearm done with Solidworks

I hope you can get the materials and start to build the endoarm! I am curious how it will turn out if you can start this for real. :) Will this be your first project or did you do something like this before?

I hope you can get the materials and start to build the endoarm! I am curious how it will turn out if you can start this for real. :) This will be your first project or did you do something like this before?

That would rock all kinds of stages, indeed.
But at the moment no materials whatsoever are anywhere near my reach.

I actually created my own first custom thread, cause I managed to get some awesome modeling clay from germany called FIMO and started to mod my GoWII Kratos into GoWIII Kratos:

Check it out, if you like:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83805

I decided to alter the cover for my project wrapper.

I think it looks way more badass.
And for those who really look after terminator-related accuracy:
the font is now correct, meaning the "A" is slanted to the opposite site and the terminator in my text is now in exclamation marks, cause it is an HK, although still the humanoid terminator.

Hope you guys like it:

SW_T-800_Render_Cover.jpg

So fellas, I´m afraid that´s it for now.
My education´s for 3D parametric programs is done and the T-800 forearm gave me a really hard time...too hard for doing a little animation I fear, but I´m not done with him.
Atm Dassault Systems offers a free one year demo of Solidworks and I hope I can install it on the laptop of my girlfriend and then I´ll update this and...
I´m gonna try, phone around a little and see if I can get materials and maybe...a big MAYBE here I´m gonna do a little series of full scale all metal forearms.
Nothing guaranteed, but I´ll really try and THAT I guaran-damn-tee.
For now thx for the ride, guys. Appreciate your opinions and motivation and I keep you posted.
:bow :wave

Last edited:

I like the new cover man. I think this cover is a lot less busy than the other and it show your detailed endo arm off very well. Awesome work Timo. :hi5:

Fellas...I got e new job and...I´m sitting in front of a PC with solidworks, which means...I continue, when I have the time.

Almost got the right arm complete.
Teaser:

Unbenannt.jpg

I don't know much about the technical side of this program but I'm sure thats pretty good work!

I could be wrong but I might suggest making the bicep section of the arm a little longer - I'm trying to imagine flesh over the whole arm and I think the upper arm might be a bit too short compared to the lower arm - maybe someone else can weigh in on that.

Otherwise cool stuff.

I don't know much about the technical side of this program but I'm sure thats pretty good work!

I could be wrong but I might suggest making the bicep section of the arm a little longer - I'm trying to imagine flesh over the whole arm and I think the upper arm might be a bit too short compared to the lower arm - maybe someone else can weigh in on that.

Otherwise cool stuff.

Thx a lot, man.
:)

Yeah, I thought about that too, but that was just a rough test if it fits, since I didn't have the oppurtunity to made the parts together a while ago, because the bicep section was made with Solidworks 2006 and the lower with 2010. That's also the reason why I couldn't continue...besides the work.
:lol

Now I could fit them together, need to reshape a few things for a little more realistic range of movement and then recolor it and construct the last part of the shoulder and than...the motion study lies ahead.

:yess

Back