T-800 done with Solidworks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: T-800 Forearm done with Solidworks

Looks good man, Im actually going to school to be a Computer Animation artist so hopefully Ill be doing stuff similar to this one day.

Thx, buddy.
But I guess it´ll be different, cause that program is for technical draughtings and animations.
I guess you´d be working with Cinema4D, or ZBrush, or something similar.

Well spoken.
I´m just in a little education as you might have read, so I´m not so fliud already with SW, but I think it´s an ok programm.
yeah it's not bad or anything. i'm just more used to working with AutoDesk apps because that's what everybody uses for the most part.
Where and what are you working, if I may?
i work for a company you've probably heard of and they pay me to draw stuff on a computer.

yeah it's not bad or anything. i'm just more used to working with AutoDesk apps because that's what everybody uses for the most part.

I learned on Autodesk in my re-education, too
Autocad ´05/´06 and Inventor a little and now Autocad ad Inventor ´11 and SW´10.

i work for a company you've probably heard of and they pay me to draw stuff on a computer.

Are you not aloud to say the name? Just curious...

Are you not aloud to say the name? Just curious...
nah they don't care. it's just a good rule not to give out personal info on the internet in general. i don't even use my real name or location on facebook. call me paranoid.

nah they don't care. it's just a good rule not to give out personal info on the internet in general. i don't even use my real name or location on facebook. call me paranoid.

Are you worried a terminator is after you? :cuckoo:

No, you´re not paranoid. I get what you mean.
I would really like to know, maybe on an employment-matter, you know?
I´m unemployed and start to think about a lot of stuff and possibilities.

Are you worried a terminator is after you? :cuckoo:

:rotfl

I just wanted to inform you guys that I just took a step to take my project a few floors up.
I emailed Vivendi, who own StudioCanal, who again own Terminator if there would be chance that I could propose my arm to Hot Toys as an idea for a combined project.
Me and and a buddy thought of that because, if HT can do endoskeletons in 1/6 with all moving parts and wires as sinews, why couldn´t they make a full scale endo arm, completley and lifelike moving with the same materials?!

Would love to hear what you guys think about that...

Last edited:

Update.

Changed a few things and added the trenches for the sinews/gear cables and here´s the plan for the actual sinews.

Let me know what you think:

SW_T-800_3.jpg

SW_T-800_4.jpg

Now for the hard part, adding them actually.
Will need help from my teacher for that.

Last edited:

Update

Almost all parts have their own drawings with measurements and tolerances, assembly drawing has been completed with full blown items list and the cover for my project wrapper is pretty done too.

What do you guys think:
SW_T-800_Cover.jpg

Wow... As you were right to warn me that there was anything new, Timo! :rock:rock:rock
This is GORGEOUS! Really beautiful... In when the manufacturing? :D

Well, I´m going to print every item drawing of this, sonce I have materials, I really could build this.
If I have something like this, I give everyone here a headsup and maybe I´ll do a small series.
But that´s only theory, to be exact...not that my door is gonna burst, you know?!
:lol
But thanks, man...glad you like it.
:)

Update.

Changed a few things and added the trenches for the sinews/gear cables and here´s the plan for the actual sinews.

Let me know what you think:

SW_T-800_3.jpg

SW_T-800_4.jpg

Now for the hard part, adding them actually.
Will need help from my teacher for that.

Great technical drawings, you've clearly studied the endo-arm in minute detail. The additions are nice, they'll add an extra layer of realism and whatnot. One day I might see about putting the requisite wires into my HT figures arms depending on what I can find and if it looks right.

By the way I knocked my "Dyson's house" T-800 over and it hit the ground endo-arm first! Amazingly only a finger broke off but since I was kinda planning to redo my mod* anyway I haven't bothered to fix it.

*shortening the forearm - I want to redo it because of scratched off paint and uneven cuts etc.

Seriously dude... All you need now is the flesh to go over it.

That should be the easy part, compared to the rest of what you've done! Great work!

And to make the opposite arm, all you would have to do is "flip" the blueprints :D

Update

Almost all parts have their own drawings with measurements and tolerances, assembly drawing has been completed with full blown items list and the cover for my project wrapper is pretty done too.

What do you guys think:
SW_T-800_Cover.jpg

Excellent job Timo!!! :rock :rock :rock All the details are there in the endo arm. Again, just amazing work buddy!!! :clap :clap :clap

Maybe it is time to do the computer chip now. :wink1:

Thx everyone, really.
*bowing*
You all react like I´m doing this for real and you already have this half on your desks and shelves...that´s honoring me big time.
:) :) :)

@A-Dev:

Damn, that sounds bad...I know how heart-stopping it is to see a HT fig dropping to the floor.
My T2 T-800 did the same and broke clean in half, on the articulation between chest and abs, you know?
I fixed it a bit, but lost the articulation and now I want a new body, so I can do everything again, like I used to do.

And thx, man...I really kinda studied it, but those aren´t even technical drawings, this is one:
Hope you like, cause I´m doin´evey piece of the arm in that manner.

Timo my friend this is an amazing job. There are serious details here. I can't wait for the final result and the finished endo arm. I really hope you wanna build this for real! How much work did you put in this? Congratulations for this! :rock

Timo my friend this is an amazing job. There are serious details here. I can't wait for the final result and the finished endo arm. I really hope you wanna build this for real! How much work did you put in this? Congratulations for this! :rock

:)
Thx, Adam.
Actually this is now 3 weeks work and I would love to really build this, but as I said before: I don´t have the materials...but if I get the oppurtunity I give everyone a heads up and it goes like every other custom too:

List and those who want it are written onto it...

Back