T-800 done with Solidworks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, everybody.

Since I´m doing a little project in my education for further knowledge of technical draughting programs I decided to go with something more delicate then the norm. As you can see in the title, I´m constructing a forearm of a Series 800 Terminator, cause I´m a huge fan and wanted to see if I could pull it off, making it work realistically, with a little animation, component drawings and finally an assembly drawing and a list of items, but (finally, but also first and foremost) keeping the looks.

I searched through the internet to find good pictures of a hero puppet arm from either T1, or 2 and I found with these:

14989_0876_2_lg.jpg

14989_0876_1_lg.jpg

14989_0876_3_lg.jpg

Then I thought of similar pictures, but also constructed on a pc, for input and differences to the mechanisms that I could use and I found these:

76617653.jpg

Then I started to build pieces from the pistons and cylinders to the forearm-armor and once I assembled those, a little animation (it´s not much, but I wanted to show, since it´s my first) that already worked quite well:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ydl8znRb9iw?fs=1&hl=de_DE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ydl8znRb9iw?fs=1&hl=de_DE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Now I´m already THIS done and I have to say that I´m surprised by myself and think more and more that I can really do it:

SW_T-800_2.jpg

SW_T-800.jpg

Looking forward to what you guys think.
:)

Last edited:
Re: T-800 Forearm done with Solidworks

The Endo forearm look great. I looked at it for a while to compare with the reference pics. All the details are there buddy. Awsesome job! :hi5:

Yup, looks pretty awesome to me! I have to admit I am no expert on the T-800 endoskeleton proportions and such but by comparing your work to your reference pics, I can see you have nailed it.
Well done, my friend!

I even did more, I think.
I looked at the real arm and saw that it was all way too long and envisioned this arm to be mine, with my measurements and everything.
So essentially your looking at my arm and what it would look like if I would be a terminator.
:lol

Thx a bunch, TFG.
Appreciate it.
:hi5:

Really cool! But to really finish your project make it of metal :D

Excellent work! I am no expert on T800 assembly but I think your work is pretty much spot on. If you prototype it and 3D print it count me in :):)

It would be awesome and thx for those kind words, but atm there are no plans to 3D print it, cause I don´t know where to make it.
At the moment it´s just a project for me to getting employed again.
I´ll take a look if I find something like that.
If I do, I´ll post it here.

looks good. it wouldn't be too hard to pull off in Inventor/Maya since most of the parts are extruded rectangles and cylinders. the hard part is eyeballing the proportions. now all you need is a CNC so you can have your own 1:1 endo arm. 3d printers are still too damn expensive unless you're selling in large quantities.

looks good. it wouldn't be too hard to pull off in Inventor/Maya since most of the parts are extruded rectangles and cylinders. the hard part is eyeballing the proportions. now all you need is a CNC so you can have your own 1:1 endo arm. 3d printers are still too damn expensive unless you're selling in large quantities.

Didn´t work with maya, don´t even know it, but you sure know hat you´re talking about, buddy.

I made that with solidworks cause I can handle inventor and wanted to get more comfortable with solidworks, you know?

Solidworks is way more complicated in it´s build, don´t you think?

Didn´t work with maya, don´t even know it, but you sure know hat you´re talking about, buddy.

I made that with solidworks cause I can handle inventor and wanted to get more comfortable with solidworks, you know?

Solidworks is way more complicated in it´s build, don´t you think?
Inventor and Maya are pretty much industry standards (for now) and Solidworks just isn't as good with shorthand macros. in my experience anyway. it's definitely fun to play around with though. the good thing is my boss encourages us to mess with different 3d prototyping apps just to keep ahead of the curve on their strengths and weaknesses. AutoDesk can't have a monopoly forever.

... Now you just have to figure out how to grow flesh on it :D

Inventor and Maya are pretty much industry standards (for now) and Solidworks just isn't as good with shorthand macros. in my experience anyway. it's definitely fun to play around with though. the good thing is my boss encourages us to mess with different 3d prototyping apps just to keep ahead of the curve on their strengths and weaknesses. AutoDesk can't have a monopoly forever.

Well spoken.
I´m just in a little education as you might have read, so I´m not so fliud already with SW, but I think it´s an ok programm.
Where and what are you working, if I may?

... Now you just have to figure out how to grow flesh on it :D

:lol
Right on, you comin´ on board?!

Very nice! I really need to get a home copy of solidworks. I just finished my second solidworks class in school. I really enjoy the program.

It´s really expensive I want to have a version too, but I need a pc that fits it.
Mine´s way to old.
But thx very much, man.

Looks good man, Im actually going to school to be a Computer Animation artist so hopefully Ill be doing stuff similar to this one day.

Hey Timo,

Are you going to plan on designing the rest of the T-800? You have done such a great job so far, so why stop now. :)

I wish, but I don´t have the time.
The course ends second - third January week and I need to make an items list, an animation, part and assembly drawnings.
Much stuff to do...

Back