Statue Superman Life Size 1:1 Bust from SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn this picture. I didn't plan to get it, but now I am thinking to get it. They look too good together. I have batman bust on order i don't think he will look good by himself :)

400113_press09.jpg

No hurry though, I will take my time to think about it.

Oh ____ :thud::thud::thud:

This is an exceptionally old looking Superman. The only time I've seen him older was in The Dark Knight miniseries, when Batman was a senior citizen, and they fought each other. He looks younger in the Superfriends, the New animated series, the Super Powers, ect. Even Christopher Reeve looked younger than this when he played Superman in Superman 4. Even the Alex Ross Superman looks younger than this. This looks like middle aged Superman.

This is an exceptionally old looking Superman. The only time I've seen him older was in The Dark Knight miniseries, when Batman was a senior citizen, and they fought each other. He looks younger in the Superfriends, the New animated series, the Super Powers, ect. Even Christopher Reeve looked younger than this when he played Superman in Superman 4. Even the Alex Ross Superman looks younger than this. This looks like middle aged Superman.

post-56913-0-26116300-1312696461.gif

No but really, I think I know what you mean, I just really like the sculpt I believe it looks amazing. I collect 1:1 busts. Have every single one of them so far and just really happy to add this one as well.

Last edited:

I said the same thing when I saw this for the first time. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's an amazing sculpt but I would have preferred a younger looking Superman. Congrats to those who are getting him as he is still pretty awesome.

I think this looks fantastic. The colors are gorgeous and the sculpt is brilliant. One of the best SS pieces ever.

700 bucks is a lot of ____ing money though.

BB

I was tempted by Bats to make that my first 1:1, but with Supes being my all time fave...

Not going to pull the trigger yet. Need to see how the Batman reissue goes before I plunk down $700+ on one of these, especially with the Batman PF, Supes PF, Ivy PF, and anything else DC coming down the pipeline.

Statue age looks great to me.
Superman is a legend, even within his own fictional comic universe. The other heroes look up to him not just because of power but senority.

Superman looking really young seems wrong to me....unless you specifically want him at what would be the start of his career.

I think this looks freakin phenomenal...just too much other stuff takes priority. I will be content with the Supes PF...I just hope to god he is on part with this bust.

post-56913-0-26116300-1312696461.gif

No but really, I think I know what you mean, I just really like the sculpt I believe it looks amazing. I collect 1:1 busts. Have every single one of them so far and just really happy to add this one as well.

I agree this is a magnificent sculpt. the only problem is it looks too old. It looks too old to be how I think Superman is supposed to look, so I will not be buying, and am not at all tempted to even own it. If it was free, I'd take it though. I would probably sell it to finance other things, however. I am not a big Superman fan, however. I like him, but I like Captain marvel much more. I'm pretty picky when it comes to the idea of a 1:1 bust. It has to look just like the character and be magnificent.

Back