Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interestingly the Hot Toys JL Superman does give him that vibrant blue. There’s a featurette that WB made with costume designer Michael Wilkinson explaining how the blue suit for JL had more chrome and was a more saturated blue color. That’s because Geoff Johns wanted Snyder to change his version to Josstice League, but Zack knew for his director’s cut he’d make the suit black anyway. It has absolutely atrocious color grading in Whedon’s version, looks more turquoise. But anyway, I do think the brighter blue of that suit is what we would have gotten for JL 3 where Superman completes his arc.

So that would have made it...5 movies in before we got a brighter, hopeful Superman? :lol

The actor looks too much like Calvill for my taste and costume looks too loose on that pic. But im sure the movie will be good, as its done by James Gunn. So far, I've enjoyed all of his movies.

Well no, personally I don't equate shades of a colour to hope.

His personality was better but you wouldn't know that looking at him. I wouldn't consider these 2 beacons of hope!

bd0eeda443dff24ea5181506980a6174--gothic-steampunk-victorian-gothic.jpg

Interestingly the Hot Toys JL Superman does give him that vibrant blue. There’s a featurette that WB made with costume designer Michael Wilkinson explaining how the blue suit for JL had more chrome and was a more saturated blue color. That’s because Geoff Johns wanted Snyder to change his version to Josstice League, but Zack knew for his director’s cut he’d make the suit black anyway. It has absolutely atrocious color grading in Whedon’s version, looks more turquoise. But anyway, I do think the brighter blue of that suit is what we would have gotten for JL 3 where Superman completes his arc.

View attachment 701606
I agree it looked atrocious in that Whedon garbage. Just my preference for Superman overall, and indeed Spider-Man, is more vibrant blue and red.

It's such a tragedy we didn't get that look for Superman in MoS 2 and an Batfleck solo movie.

People can argue day and night about Zack's movies but the suits for all three main characters were glorious.

I hope Gunn's movie is good for the sake of Superman's future on the big screen but aesthetically this suit is a giant step backwards.

I’m sensing a pattern here lol. Every time dc reveals something it’s met with hate but then the movie comes out it garners a fanbase 😂.

I remember the Cahill Superman suit reveal people got mad cause it was “ to dark” and that affleck reveal for Batman was hilarious. Then there was Heath joker reveal, the suicide squad and the Batman. All met with negative feedback.
Dc releases the suit and sees people hate it and are like “ yes we are so in!”

Not saying the suit is good. Just saying I notice Everytime there is a suit reveal now it’s negative. But modern superhero suits have this problem with adding those ugly panel lines

Back