Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this real? If so not bad.

1709313816037.png

Damned if dude doesn't look like Superman - hate the return of the underoos though, that needs to go the way of the dinosaurs (extinct). Were I an artist or costume designer with influence on media, I would go with some red panels on the side of the hips. Now I know I can save money on a HT figure.

Gunn already debunked it. One tell is the yellow outline is missing around the S. Come on Khev, you're slacking recently! :lol

It looks great though...apart from that god awful cape.
You can’t blame him. Ai is getting better and better each day. I thought it was real lol

Damned if dude doesn't look like Superman - hate the return of the underoos though, that needs to go the way of the dinosaurs (extinct). Were I an artist or costume designer with influence on media, I would go with some red panels on the side of the hips. Now I know I can save money on a HT figure.
See, I’m the opposite. I get the reason originally was to keep things modest in spandex but the coloring feels off now when they aren’t there. They somehow feel more naked without those trunks. Batman feels like he’s missing something, but his utility belt does help. Sups just feels incomplete though without that red section breaking up all that sea of blue. Even if they incorporated the red into the same layer as the rest of the suit I’d be ok with that. I don’t need them to be an actual pair of trunks over the area. Just leaving it out always felt off with HC.

I thought the Cavill and Hoechlin suits worked perfectly well without the trunks. The skimpy Routh trunks worked fine too with that swimmer's body of his, but I think he was probably the exception.

Plus the fact nearly every other superhero has dropped the trunks in live action.

There will always be a schism about these topics of this versus that. Guess it's good that we're treated to both. I'm just happy I can leave out another purchase :LOL:

Gunn already debunked it. One tell is the yellow outline is missing around the S. Come on Khev, you're slacking recently! :lol

It looks great though...apart from that god awful cape.
This would look terrible in live-action. He looks like he's going to a kid's birthday party to fight Spider-Man.

I kinda wish it wasn't fake. Apart from the cape, when you think of Superman, this is what 99% of people think of.

#MakeSupermanGoofyAgain.

Maybe 'goofy' was a bad choice. The trunks, the can-do, boy scout attitude, Clark being a bit clumsy instead of acting exactly the same as Superman. He's corny and a bit cheesy and that's a good thing.

Like this guy...

efc5f970de1fb6cf2160dd624b287787fa960bae.gif

Maybe 'goofy' was a bad choice. The trunks, the can-do, boy scout attitude, Clark being a bit clumsy instead of acting exactly the same as Superman. He's corny and a bit cheesy and that's a good thing.

Like this guy...

efc5f970de1fb6cf2160dd624b287787fa960bae.gif
I'm sure many Superman fans feel the same way you do. I was fine with it 40 years ago, not now. Maybe Gunn might give you what you want.

Back