Superman EX - Do you like the Flame eyes or not

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman EX head - Do you like the Flame eyes effect

• YES - I love or like the Flame Effect

Votes: 72 24.2%
  • NO - I hate or dislike the Flame Effect

Votes: 225 75.8%

• Total voters
Re: Superman EX - Do you like the Fame eyes or not

Sorry for the crudness, but I have like 5 minutes... THIS is why I think there MIGHT be eyeballs there, BUT I might be wrong

SupesEX_zpsbe85f56b.jpg

Sorry for the crudness, but I have like 5 minutes... THIS is why I think there MIGHT be eyeballs there, BUT I might be wrong

SupesEX_zpsbe85f56b.jpg

I cant see properly :gah: someones gone and scribbled in blue pen!!! :slap i really dont think there are eyeballs Spidey. These red curlys just slot into the eye i think...

YOU go right on ahead... and I will wait for the BANHAMMER to come out,..:rotfl

:lol :lol

yes they are :lecture
dremel500.jpg

Go for it ... it just makes the undamaged Ex heads worth THAT much more. However, you SHOULD do what you want to have the product you want. I will be keeping my flames... thank you very much.

There does not appear to be eyeballs. I believe the flame or whatever you want to call it runs throughout the eye sockets.

Wait, I see eyeballs.

supermaneyeballssmall_zps5b330cfd.jpg

What happens when Superman sneezes.

I cant see properly :gah: someones gone and scribbled in blue pen!!! :slap i really dont think there are eyeballs Spidey. These red curlys just slot into the eye i think...

:lol :lol

:thwak:thwak:thwak

SupermanEX_zpsb0454568.jpg

Dumb***:nana::wink1:

I still think there might be eyes in there that it is fused to similiar to how they fused the Jokers feet on to his legs

I agree Jaws and its certainly possible that SSC could tweak some changes to the EX portrait by the time it goes out on release. Look at the Hulk Maquette for example, when you compare the proto pics to what we actually recieved you can see a few evident changes such as the hair, the eyebrows, etc...so things can still be changed :pray:

Not sure why the changes where made on the Hulk. Nobody was asking for them. I still like the eyebrows on the proto better but I like how the paint apps on the face where done on the production piece better (not counting the eyebrows) I like my Hulk's hair. I don't think I knew they changed anything.

Not sure if I would qualify those as changes since they actually made him look worse than the proto...

More like mistakes... :lol

I don't think those are mistakes. One or two would be a mistake. The eyebrows are done that way because of the shape of his brow. It's not as bad in person but it does take away a little bit of rage.

Remember "Eyebrow Gate"... You guys were going NUTs over the first pics to come out. "OMG they ****ed him up", "they ruined the perfect Hulk","I think I am going into labour and I am a DUDE!!". You guys were so much about the :panic: that even when guys had it in hand and said it looked awesome you still :panic:. Now that you have him in hand you finally realize how amazing he looks.

I have one persons in hand opinion about the EX who says it looks sharp in person, and I can see where they get that. So I am going on faith because yeah they work for SSC, but I just don't care because I like this. I was the FIRST person to vote I like it, and to my 40 brothers and sisters :hi5:.

To the REST OF YOU

null_zps1344d338.gif

:wink1:

Eyebrow gate and Flame gate are two very different things. We worried about Brow gate because it was different from the proto. It looked off. There was concern it was a paint error.

The flame effects are there. We know we may be getting them. This is not a paint error. Even if the Flame effect looks better in person. It's still a bad idea. Superman just never looks like that and He would look some much better and badass if they just gave him red eyes. A perfect sculpt ruined or made les perfect, if you prefer, because of those flame effects.

SupesEX_zpsbe85f56b.jpg

Wishful thinking Spidey. There are no eyeballs there. :)

When did SSF get spell check? Now if I misspell something I get a red line under it.

Looks like those flames slide right into the socket. Sure to ruin a perfect sculpt ;) :)

There is a curved surface there on his right eye near the inside corner. At least I am pretty sure there is.

Adjusted levels and resized. What eyes?

supersockets_zps1028ef9b.jpg

Ha looks even worse seeing them eyes close up :lol

Why SSC just didn't offer these curly straws as a removable option I'll never know. I can see a lot of customisers already planning in their head how they're going to remove them and add some red eyes. Easily done IMO

Back