Super 7 GI JOE Ultimates line speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure is awesome but, dang, the packaging really sucks. Deep, shiny impressions on both legs from the overly tight clam shell. I hope this isn’t the norm for them all.

87CFBBD9-F963-46D0-9C31-F5A7E85EBD77.jpeg

Latest updates.
G.I. Joe
  • Wave 2 (Baroness, Destro, Flint, Lady Jaye) - Production completed and scheduled to leave the factory in early March and ship to customers in late-April 2023.
  • Wave 3 (Doc, Scarlett, Storm Shadow, Cobra Soldier) - Scheduled to leave the factory in end of June and ship to customers in mid-August 2023.

Yeah, that whole line's a buy. The only question is, how many Zartans to order? I think 5 will be enough, but you can't be too careful.

It is strange to release the more desirable Baroness before the first one was even released, however. I was on the fence about the MASS Device version, just to have one on the shelf until the black suit version was released, but now will probably pass.

I've never ordered from them, but read elsewhere that they are slower than other retailers at shipping their products, and that they sometimes aren't as accommodating with returns as other retailers.

I ordered wave 1 directly from them, I received my order a month after everyone that ordered from BBTS and EE. They sat on my money for 2 years and didn’t even send me a tracking number. The package sat on my porch for a few days while I was on break with my kids. I will order from BBTS from now on.

The weapons pack would be nice to have, but nothing I'll lose sleep missing out on. They also can't compete with BBTS in the shipping cost department. Unless they step up exclusive options, or offer more of a discount on the price, they aren't going to be getting my direct business.

On another note, I might need to get one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144141462747

Also, Zartan changes color in sunlight.
"Final figure may vary." They announced that the Reaction Zartan would change color, even showed a rendered pic of it doing so like they're doing now with Ultimates and then it wasn't until the figure was shipped to collectors that people finally discovered that it didn't so I won't hold my breath. That said this Wave is an absolute win.

bfe46d5a-be23-4d37-948d-70cc1de1726f.jpg

"Final figure may vary." They announced that the Reaction Zartan would change color, even showed a rendered pic of it doing so like they're doing now with Ultimates and then it wasn't until the figure was shipped to collectors that people finally discovered that it didn't so I won't hold my breath. That said this Wave is an absolute win.

bfe46d5a-be23-4d37-948d-70cc1de1726f.jpg
Huh. That's some bait and switch, but hopefully after going through that with the ReAction figure they will know better. Regarding the color change, I really wish they would just do a separate, exclusive figure in that color. The only Zartan figure I know of at all where that was done was the damn Funko Pop. So long as the flesh paint isn't sub-par, I'm happy with the color change gimmick being integrated, but I'm not going to perpetually leave him in a window facing the sun.

Also, with several figures they are providing toy-accurate backpacks and accessories, but with Zartan they are only including the toy accurate gun. Kind of crummy that they aren't giving us his backpack and disguise mask. If that were the 4-pack exclusive item I would have bought from them in a second. Maybe they will surprise us with the final release?

Huh. That's some bait and switch, but hopefully after going through that with the ReAction figure they will know better. Regarding the color change, I really wish they would just do a separate, exclusive figure in that color. The only Zartan figure I know of at all where that was done was the damn Funko Pop. So long as the flesh paint isn't sub-par, I'm happy with the color change gimmick being integrated, but I'm not going to perpetually leave him in a window facing the sun.

Also, with several figures they are providing toy-accurate backpacks and accessories, but with Zartan they are only including the toy accurate gun. Kind of crummy that they aren't giving us his backpack and disguise mask. If that were the 4-pack exclusive item I would have bought from them in a second. Maybe they will surprise us with the final release?
I agree about it being a bummer that they didn't include his mask and backpack or at least a smiling/laughing headsculpt since he did that so often on the cartoon but I'm guessing that there won't be any surprise accessories for Zartan.

I say that because for all the accessories and pistols they included with Cobra Commander they inexplicably denied us the one pistol that would have made him 100% toy accurate.

I agree about it being a bummer that they didn't include his mask and backpack or at least a smiling/laughing headsculpt since he did that so often on the cartoon but I'm guessing that there won't be any surprise accessories for Zartan.

I say that because for all the accessories and pistols they included with Cobra Commander they inexplicably denied us the one pistol that would have made him 100% toy accurate.
Yes, that was a strange omission. If I were a cynical person, I would say they are holding it off for a Hooded Cobra Commander release. But the inconsistencies are strange. Duke, Flint, and Gung Ho get that treatment, but not Cobra Commander, Destro, or Zartan? Maybe it's a Joe vs. Cobra thing. Lady Jaye didn't get her backpack, though. Doc doesn't get the stretcher but that is understandable.

Yes, that was a strange omission. If I were a cynical person, I would say they are holding it off for a Hooded Cobra Commander release. But the inconsistencies are strange. Duke, Flint, and Gung Ho get that treatment, but not Cobra Commander, Destro, or Zartan? Maybe it's a Joe vs. Cobra thing. Lady Jaye didn't get her backpack, though. Doc doesn't get the stretcher but that is understandable.
Brian Flynn at Super 7 said we won't ever see a Hooded Cobra Commander. At first he tweeted that weren't allowed to by Hasbro and then later in a YouTube interview he said that it's because hooded villains are too problematic so it's muddy as to whether that edict is coming from Hasbro itself or his own desire for modern political correctness.

Regardless I do hope that CC's classic toy pistol makes an appearance in some form down the line.

It's also a bummer that the USMC continues to play hardball with Gung Ho's chest tattoo (the Classified figure wasn't allowed to use it without paying a hefty fee which Hasbro understandably balked at) but otherwise his figure is another homerun and the inclusion of the tiny Wolverine he picks up to ruin Stalker's display is hilarious.

Brian Flynn at Super 7 said we won't ever see a Hooded Cobra Commander. At first he tweeted that weren't allowed to by Hasbro and then later in a YouTube interview he said that it's because hooded villains are too problematic so it's muddy as to whether that edict is coming from Hasbro itself or his own desire for modern political correctness.

Regardless I do hope that CC's classic toy pistol makes an appearance in some form down the line.

It's also a bummer that the USMC continues to play hardball with Gung Ho's chest tattoo (the Classified figure wasn't allowed to use it without paying a hefty fee which Hasbro understandably balked at) but otherwise his figure is another homerun and the inclusion of the tiny Wolverine he picks up to ruin Stalker's display is hilarious.
I didn't realize Gung Ho's tattoo was off. I think they found a nice compromise, all things considered. And this is the first time I've ever heard of a hooded Cobra Commander restriction, much less that people are, I infer, trying to link that to the KKK? Good lord. I guess no mustaches is the next frontier. Wouldn't want people to be glorifying Hitler. No Alpine or Bazooka, I'm afraid.

I didn't realize Gung Ho's tattoo was off. I think they found a nice compromise, all things considered. And this is the first time I've ever heard of a hooded Cobra Commander restriction, much less that people are, I infer, trying to link that to the KKK? Good lord. I guess no mustaches is the next frontier. Wouldn't want people to be glorifying Hitler. No Alpine or Bazooka, I'm afraid.
Apparently it started when ROC producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura saw hooded CC and objected to depicting CC in the hood associating it with the KKK, like you mentioned. Ever since, Hasbro executives have been preventing CC from being depicted in the hood.

For the Classified line, there are plenty of both painted and unpainted 3D printed hooded CC head options available; I'm sure Ultimate versions of CC Hooded head options aren't too far off from now.

I pre-ordered Ultimate Flint & Baroness for now, I'll eventually pick up select versions of certain characters from this line when I have funds available. The first wave turned out great!

Last edited:
Back