Super 7 GI JOE Ultimates line speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And finally the GI Joe Ultimates collection has begun!! :rock

All three SDCC BAT's that I ordered from Super7 arrived today. I've only opened one so far but he looks fan-freaking-tastic!

View attachment 598026

View attachment 598027
Looks awesome. I saw a review of that a couple days ago and was very heartened. I also see you going in with the Re-Action figures. When those initially came out for other licenses, I understood that they were trying to replicate the Star Wars figure style, and the figures looked appropriately crude for that purpose. But these Joes actually look really, really good. Articulation aside, they might be some of the best looking Joe figures I've seen. That Baroness jumps right off the TV screen. I've committed to getting Zartan and Flint, and fear I might have to get more. Gamesmaster is also one of my favorite episodes, so I love the deep cut with that clown Snow Serpent.

Looks awesome. I saw a review of that a couple days ago and was very heartened. I also see you going in with the Re-Action figures. When those initially came out for other licenses, I understood that they were trying to replicate the Star Wars figure style, and the figures looked appropriately crude for that purpose. But these Joes actually look really, really good. Articulation aside, they might be some of the best looking Joe figures I've seen. That Baroness jumps right off the TV screen. I've committed to getting Zartan and Flint, and fear I might have to get more. Gamesmaster is also one of my favorite episodes, so I love the deep cut with that clown Snow Serpent.
Yep I initially decided to pass on Reaction but after three or four waves of shockingly cartoon accurate Joes with countless possibilities for the future I realized that Super7 is offering a level of both cartoon and comic era world building that I just didn't want to miss out on. I've got Reaction CC next to my monitor for work and he's just so fun to look at because again, looks like he just stepped right off the screen.

And then with Ultimates I've just been loving everything I've seen with those and so far plan to pick up each and every one. These really are looking like they'll be my "ultimate" Joe figure collectibles, moreso than O-ring or anything high end (Sideshow, etc.)

Yep I initially decided to pass on Reaction but after three or four waves of shockingly cartoon accurate Joes with countless possibilities for the future I realized that Super7 is offering a level of both cartoon and comic era world building that I just didn't want to miss out on. I've got Reaction CC next to my monitor for work and he's just so fun to look at because again, looks like he just stepped right off the screen.

And then with Ultimates I've just been loving everything I've seen with those and so far plan to pick up each and every one. These really are looking like they'll be my "ultimate" Joe figure collectibles, moreso than O-ring or anything high end (Sideshow, etc.)
I agree. For years we primarily had "modern" interpretations of the Joes, either through the 25th anniversary line with their detail and heavy articulation, or the SSC Joes. ThreeZero seems to be carrying that torch. But the new O-Ring line by Hasbro and what Super 7 is doing is much more up my alley. I plan to pick and choose with all of those, however.

I agree. For years we primarily had "modern" interpretations of the Joes, either through the 25th anniversary line with their detail and heavy articulation, or the SSC Joes. ThreeZero seems to be carrying that torch. But the new O-Ring line by Hasbro and what Super 7 is doing is much more up my alley. I plan to pick and choose with all of those, however.
Yeah, I say I'm "all in" for Ultimates but I'm sure I'll eventually pick and choose those as well once they start releasing random repaints or versions of characters that I don't see a need for.

But I'm sure heavy hitters like Zartan, Firefly, Snake Eyes v2, etc., are right around the corner and I can't freaking wait to see how they turn out.

Ultimates Snake Eyes V2. . .

homer-homer-simpson.gif

Multiple people are reporting that their Wave 1 figures are shipping. They're in stock at Entertainment Earth too.
Looking forward to all the reviews of these, had to cancel all my pre-orders on these, I changed my mind after seeing some terrible Ultimates figure reviews. I hope my fears will be unfounded.. sorta, I don't want to buy these if they turn out great.:lol

Multiple people are reporting that their Wave 1 figures are shipping. They're in stock at Entertainment Earth too.
Looking forward to all the reviews of these, had to cancel all my pre-orders on these, I changed my mind after seeing some terrible Ultimates figure reviews. I hope my fears will be unfounded.. sorta, I don't want to buy these if they turn out great.:lol
Though the prices are absurd, I'm rooting hard for these to be good, because on the surface they are a childhood dream come true for me. But similarly, I've been paying more attention to this company and line since the Joes were announced, and the drop from prototype to production in many cases is pretty severe. Frankly, for that price they should look just like the promotional pics. But sloppy paint, bad joints, etc. could be too much for me to accept if they find their way into this line.

Folks are starting to get their wave 1 figures. So far, what I'm seeing looks really, really good. Duke in particular looks amazing. Makes the Classified versions look that much more pitiful. Mine should be arriving later in the week from BBTS.

(picture from tfw2005 member djmajin)
AN9C8W7.png

Wow I’m really digging how this line came out my interest has peaked.
I will admit the loss of double jointed legs and arms are a bit disappointing …but the joint design still makes up for it aesthetically . I wish duke had a smiling face but that’s nitpicking..this is the Duke we have been waiting for from the beginning IMO

A missed opportunity was a cartoon pistol needed to be included

I can’t wait for a V2 cartoon Snake Eyes since unfortunately the only time this version of Snake eyes was in the cartoon was the first mini series…after that… he was in the V2 gear through out the rest of the series including any weekly episodes he was in. But definitely bring on Flint, Lady Jay, Destro, Storm Shadow etc…S& is on the right track

Last edited:
Though the prices are absurd, I'm rooting hard for these to be good, because on the surface they are a childhood dream come true for me. But similarly, I've been paying more attention to this company and line since the Joes were announced, and the drop from prototype to production in many cases is pretty severe. Frankly, for that price they should look just like the promotional pics. But sloppy paint, bad joints, etc. could be too much for me to accept if they find their way into this line.
They look awesome.

One of the things I've heard is that Super 7 initially wanted to do o-ring GIJoe figures and that Hasbro said no because they were planning the retro line. So they put out the junk Reaction figures and the fantastic Ultimates. Now since Hasbro has shown nothing and said nothing about the retro o-ringers in quite a while, even for it's 40th anniversary, there is the though that Super 7 brings them back to retail.

These look great !
But still hard for me to pull the trigger due to the price.
The current CAD/US exchange rate is horrible. 55$ USD = 76$ CAD
Add another 40$ USD/55$ CAD for shipping the 4-figure set, I'm at 90$ per figure.

And at that price, I'm wondering if the line will get cancelled after 3-4 waves.
I already regret investing in the ThreeZero line as it is already pretty much dead.

Side-Note:
I saw a review online where some of the figures had glossy glue stains on them.
Anybody have this issue ?

Back