Media-Movie Suicide Squad Hot Toys figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howard has snapped up licenses before and not produced anything from them. Prometheus, X-Men First Class, Green Lantern, Tomorrowland etc etc. Can you really see another big player making figures from a Marvel film that isn't a bootleg? Also Motuxmen, you don't have to be so defensive, HT deserves any and all flak they get for all the stringing along they do with fans, as well as the worst customer service in the business.

First class and Prometheus wasn't becuase of anything hot toys did. When the actors fail to allow merch it has squat to do with the companies. They deserve flak? Did you buy from hot toys? They don't employee a customer service team because they do not sell direct. And then having the worst CS, even with none, is bs too. Enterbay and others are just as bad and they actually do sell direct. So no, I do not think hot toys deserves "flak" becuase of things outside their control. They communication thing people complain about is also BS. Everyone wants upfront and honest answers, they say. But when the info isn't what they want it to be then hot toys has lied, or made things up. For example-they told people who kept asking they had future plans for catwomen and penguin. Then, when that changed they Also told people. Suddenly they lied and you can't trust anything they say. And every time they do a q&a you see dozens of posts about how no one believes a word they say. Then when they don't responded for awhile the problem is they don't communicate. You can tell me to relax all you want. But I think it's only fair that someone explains and stands up for the these people when there are lots of people willing to attack them. And especially when it's based on incorrect info.

It's not hot toys fault other companies didnt make xmen first class figure. Asmus and aci and enterbay could have gotten the license as well. Hot toys had a license for certain regions at one scale. PI could have gotten it. They had a 1/6 marvel line at one point. Same time as hot toys.

And again, the customer service arm of hot toys is sideshow. As they are the largest distributor. And given that sideshow has the BEST customer service in the business I think your 180 degrees off.

Just get me some goddamned insider info about upcoming figures. The board are starved for any exciting info like the old days when Plastic Enemies actually had worthwhile info.

They communication thing people complain about is also BS. Everyone wants upfront and honest answers, they say. But when the info isn't what they want it to be then hot toys has lied, or made things up. For example-they told people who kept asking they had future plans for catwomen and penguin. Then, when that changed they Also told people. Suddenly they lied and you can't trust anything they say. And every time they do a q&a you see dozens of posts about how no one believes a word they say. Then when they don't responded for awhile the problem is they don't communicate.

You've missed the point. We're not calling them liars, we're saying we can't trust their promises or announcements. Their failings to create certain figures that they said they'd make have caused collectors to take a 'believe it when we see it' mentality to avoid disappointment. The problem with HT is that the only communication that they have with fans is their figure announcements, show/convention announcements and the odd Q and A which are filled with spokesman-y ******** that usually just amounts to 'stay tuned', and sometimes that doesn't even lead anywhere (looking at Penguin and Catwoman for example).

You've missed the point. We're not calling them liars, we're saying we can't trust their promises or announcements. Their failings to create certain figures that they said they'd make have caused collectors to take a 'believe it when we see it' mentality to avoid disappointment. The problem with HT is that the only communication that they have with fans is their figure announcements, show/convention announcements and the odd Q and A which are filled with spokesman-y ******** that usually just amounts to 'stay tuned', and sometimes that doesn't even lead anywhere (looking at Penguin and Catwoman for example).

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cmiller99 again.

Bingo. :duff

L

Yes, people DO call them liars. And saying you can't trust their word is, pretty much the same thing. As for their communication...and it "only" being announcements and official info and whatnot..what else is there? If they gave step by step updates on plans they would not gain anything. The example I used is on point with that. Things change. It may have nothing to do with (or any control of) hot toys and they get slammed. Licensing means they are forbidden from discussion on most things, and the rest HAS to be run thru legal departments. There's nothing they can say that would make things better. There are companies that do discuss more, Mattel for example, and it doesn't lead to better anything. It leads to more fan complaining. Go to he-man.org or the section for motuc here. They announce plans, something changes (again, it's plans, and things change and they don't have the answer to another company as they own the property unlike hot toys) and people flip out. People only want to hear more of it works to their advantage, for the most part.

I mean you said you can't/don't trust what they say anyway so why would you ask for more? Other then to get upset and complain about it? Hot toys figures get released early people slam them. They get delayed, people slam them. It releases on time, but in the start of the projected window, people complain. Over half the responses to ANYTHING in any thread are negative. Them sharing more does nothing to help sales. But it can hurt them. There is no upside, for them. People are not objective, or patient, or understanding as a whole.

You said in the same post, you don't believe what they say, but you want more. They only answer in vague spokesperson talk, except you point out a time they didn't, and things changed and used that as a negative. Pretty much making my point. You see that right? You say they failed to make things they said they would...but want them to talk more. You don't believe what they say, but say they should talk more. You point out a time when they did talk, doing exactly what you want, but use it as evidence to show what is wrong. You don't want more communication, you don't want honest dialog, you want to hear what works for you. If they talked less all those problems would go away. Talking more doesn't help. If they only ever showed figures when they where ready to order and never said a single thing every point you made is gone. And that, that's what I was pointing out. You, and others, don't want true communication. You only want conrete info on things promised to come out. And that could only be achieved by hot toys completly stopping communication. Right up until a figure is released the license holder (DC, marvel, even, ect) can force hot toys to change or cancel every figure. Trends and production capacity and manufacturing problems can all bump a figure any time.

Had they not said anything, or done that "wait and see" or "any things possible" response then no one would call them liars or the dozens of other insulting thugs that have been said about that situation in particular just on this site. But they tried to be more open and it completly back fired. As I said, people only want details if it works for them or everything goes perfect. People still slam hot toys for the xmen and Prometheus figures and that had nothing to do with hot toys. They did everything they could to get figures out. But if the people (in this case the actors) who own the rights won't approve or sign a deal it's not hot toys fualt. And hot toys can't come out and say much. Legally there are issues...and they risk loosing clients. Those actors would hold it against them, the studio may, the actors share management with others ect.

Licensed goods are extremely complex. Hot toys has very limited control in many things. And talking about what they can wouldn't make things any better for them.

Last edited:
Hot Toys secure rights for many different franchises and movies – it can be a gamble as to which succeed and which fail... Look at Prometheus - with the fan base and track record of the Alien movies, HT had every right to believe that movie would be a huge blockbuster, but it was a disappointment all round, and I think interest in the figures they previewed was probably lower than they expected. Similarly the Batman '66 figures, HT expected them to be huge, however I think they failed to realise that the majority fanbase for such figures was in their 50's+ and of them not many would be toy collectors, as the show hadn't been repeated much recently, younger fans were not very familiar with it!
Then there's the success of the Marvel figures... well Iron Man mainly, which is brilliant for HT as although he's an intricate model, i'm sure making Iron Man figures is a lot easier than say Arkham Batman, or TDK Batman, or Spiderman... intricately costumed figures like those for example.

Well we know the track record with Hot Toys not making an entire team...besides The Avengers!

Because Marvel stuff sell like popcorn. Cant blame it though

If you're HT owner, why you want do full team when lead character just sell poorly? But Joker and Harley quinn is hotcakes though but not sure for rest of team, they dont looks appealing enough for general audience.

I just really want these three and I'll be happy.

joker_empire_cover_png_by_messypandas-d9fdcg5.png

a306f0b8d6fed642017ea36c415608e6.jpg

Deadshots outfit looks so awesome. I hope he wears the mask more in the movie than the trailers imply.

Because Marvel stuff sell like popcorn. Cant blame it though

exactly. they'll make complete groups of figurines if the demand is big enough. if they just make 3 figures from SS and they sell out like crazy and are a massive success then they'll make more. thats why they make so many iron men, because they sell tons of them.

Back