Suicide Squad 2 to be directed by James Gunn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl

Yeah, it was a bit underwhelming.
But... I'll probably go see it for the lolz.

I hadn't seen Birds of Prey, and while it is a bit of a disjointed mess, it wasn't terrible. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem like the way to right that particular ship. Who knows, maybe it'll be surprisingly refreshing, like Deadpool was.

I don't even want to click that. I think I overdosed on HopeLeague. I need to detox from comic book movies.

I just realized this isn't the JL thread. Kind of a jagoff move to go into a thread to express disinterest. I don't like being a jagoff unintentionally.

Jagoff I think sums up the trailer pretty well actually. The best part of the movie will be seeing most likely 80% of the Squad getting killed off, which will obviously be a fraction of the movie.

:rotfl

Yeah, it was a bit underwhelming.
But... I'll probably go see it for the lolz.

I hadn't seen Birds of Prey, and while it is a bit of a disjointed mess, it wasn't terrible. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem like the way to right that particular ship. Who knows, maybe it'll be surprisingly refreshing, like Deadpool was.

What is underwhelming? What is is disjointed? You always do this. You say these things and never expand on them. You say you want intelligent discussions but then give replies like this.

Going off of the trailer, I'll cautiously say it looks good but it also did nothing to get me more interested or hyped than I already am (which is only somewhat). I remember the original movie having fantastic trailers so fool me once.

At the same time, the fact that this is being directed by James Gunn is what is making me interested. He has a passion, and I enjoy both Guardians movies. BUT if this is just Guardians of the Galaxy with blood, profanity and an r-rating slapped on it then I could see myself enjoying it but not being super impressed by it.

Coincidentally, recently I re-watched the "Assault on Arkham" animated movie and I have been reading the New 52 Suicide Squad run. On like issue 9 or 10 or something. I really like the movie and I am more invested in the comic than I thought I'd be seeing as how I've been kinda iffy on other New 52 stuff. Is it too much to ask to just make a live action Suicide Squad like those? You got some quips and dark humor, but that's not the entire thing. Beneath all that there is still a well written comic bookey plot that gives all its characters something to do. Both the comic and the movie have fun with the characters but still take the plot seriously. Not to mention Harley is also one of my favorites and I feel like she is overall used quite well in both stories. She has a reason for being there, and they actually round her out as more than just a "look I'm a crazy sexy clown." Can't say the same for the films; the movie version leans more towards the annoying New 52 solo run of Harley. Margot Robbie is still great casting I think but she just needs better material to work with.

Anyways, I am hoping that this upcoming movie is closer to that comic or the animated film overall. But the trailer is giving me the impression that it won't really be like those things, and instead just a better executed version of the original film (that last part sound familiar? :lol). I don't think it'll be bad, I don't think it will be the Squad movie I am hoping for. Guess we will know later this year.

King Shark brought more joy to me in three seconds than four hours of ZSJL ever could.

I AM PUMPED FOR THIS MOVIE

Yikes...

I really hope thst was just a poorly edited trailer and the whole movie isn't actually full of these terrible jokes and one liners.

I?m more excited for this film now that I know it was filmed in Panama, my cousin worked on the film and kept it hush hush from me haha dammit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King Shark brought more joy to me in three seconds than four hours of ZSJL ever could.

I AM PUMPED FOR THIS MOVIE

I think Stallone might be playing King Shark...

rxW3G9H.jpg

:lol

Back