Suicide Squad 2 to be directed by James Gunn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe that you someone how predicted that
Spoiler Spoiler:
would bite the dust. Those came as surprises to me.

I used to read a LOT of DC comics in the 80s and 90s, so no, that wasn't surprising.

But the way they fawned over the characters that DO survive made it pretty obvious from the get-go.

Still not a single line or moment in all of Suicide Squad can touch Thor's final "of course" from EG, lol.
I felt that while the actors did a good job in TSS, I felt like there was some odd directing/timing of dialogue at times. It wasn't sharp like his GOTG films, there was just something off, especially early in the film. Bad move IMO to introduce back story like the first one did. Go full 80's and just get into the action and stay in the mission. Back and forth and back again just killed the momentum of the film.

Saw this last night in a theater that was probably 80% full. I was very excited to see the movie, but it wasn't good. Was hoping it would be funny/violent. I got violent, but neither I, or anyone else laughed once, outside of a few random giggles. It was one big, dumb movie. Usually I like those, but this wasn't it. Huge letdown.

Also, most of us stayed for the post-credits scene, hoping there would be something cool to see, but all it was, was a setup for that Peacemaker tv series. Nobody said a word while leaving the theater. I think we were all stunned by how disappointing it was.

Also, about Harley Quinn. This is the 3rd movie with Margo Robbie, playing the part. None of them have been good. Not that she's been bad, just that the movies have been terrible. Maybe it's time to retire the character for a while?

So sorry I spent money to see this. Should have stayed home and watched on HBO Max.

Speaking of Peacemaker, at least they addressed the main question fo the character, which is...just what in the name of **** IS that thing on his head supposed to be??

PeacemakerComic_5f6a9a6f77a8a7.17791808.jpg

Never understood that. This was a character that DC tried a few times to make their equivalent of Punisher and failed miserably and it's not hard to see why.

(Although in the 80s they had The Vigilante who had a much cooler costume but nothing is ever gonna compete with that Death's Head skull on Punisher. Talk about an absolutely perfect costume design! Another weak attempt in the 80s was "Wild Dog" that wore a hockey jersey and a goalie mask. Surprised he didn't show up for five minutes in this movie.)

Peacemaker's Alan Moore "makeover" character The Comedian is a 1000 times more iconic visually than he'll ever be.

Yeah Boomerang is the one Jai Courtney character I've ever enjoyed, lol.

Well, that's one more than me.

Spoiler Spoiler:

After that sequence I had high hopes for the rest of the film, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

Saw this last night in a theater that was probably 80% full. I was very excited to see the movie, but it wasn't good. Was hoping it would be funny/violent. I got violent, but neither I, or anyone else laughed once, outside of a few random giggles. It was one big, dumb movie. Usually I like those, but this wasn't it. Huge letdown.

Also, most of us stayed for the post-credits scene, hoping there would be something cool to see, but all it was, was a setup for that Peacemaker tv series. Nobody said a word while leaving the theater. I think we were all stunned by how disappointing it was.

Also, about Harley Quinn. This is the 3rd movie with Margo Robbie, playing the part. None of them have been good. Not that she's been bad, just that the movies have been terrible. Maybe it's time to retire the character for a while?

So sorry I spent money to see this. Should have stayed home and watched on HBO Max.
Pretty much my feelings on the movie, although I did stay home and watched it on Max with a free trial. Just hate watching a movie, free or not, and being this disappointed.
And what exactly was the point of the helmet again? I know that they said it in the movie after Bloodsport called it a toilet bowl but I already forgot, lol.
"It's a beacon of freedom."

Oh, and for the record, if nobody ever read the comics, this is what Bloodsport looked like when he was introduced.

51ayvLGdfLL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

His only trick was that his bullets were Kryptonite tipped, which was referenced in the movie. That was all. If they changed him later after I stopped reading comics, I have no idea.

Speaking of Peacemaker, at least they addressed the main question fo the character, which is...just what in the name of **** IS that thing on his head supposed to be??

PeacemakerComic_5f6a9a6f77a8a7.17791808.jpg

Never understood that. This was a character that DC tried a few times to make their equivalent of Punisher and failed miserably and it's not hard to see why.

(Although in the 80s they had The Vigilante who had a much cooler costume but nothing is ever gonna compete with that Death's Head skull on Punisher. Talk about an absolutely perfect costume design! Another weak attempt in the 80s was "Wild Dog" that wore a hockey jersey and a goalie mask. Surprised he didn't show up for five minutes in this movie.)

Peacemaker's Alan Moore "makeover" character The Comedian is a 1000 times more iconic visually than he'll ever be.

Of course, anything Alan Moore coopts is going to be better than the original (including Supreme!). . .BUT, looking at this stupid, douchy looking guy in that picture shows us how brilliant Gunn was to cast John Cena in the role. He was so good.

Polka Dot Man is the real standout for me, though. I really, really dug this movie.

Well, that's one more than me.

Spoiler Spoiler:

After that sequence I had high hopes for the rest of the film, but alas it wasn't meant to be.
Totally agree on the guy who got his face blown off, SO satisfying to see that actor taken out of the movie so quickly, lol. Though having said that even in a movie full of idiots that guy STILL seemed inexplicably stupid. Announcing in front of everyone that he sold out the team when he knows that Waller is watching his every move in real time with her finger hovering over the kill switch? How did he think that would work out even if he *didn't* get blown away by the oncoming soldiers? :cuckoo:

Oh, and for the record, if nobody ever read the comics, this is what Bloodsport looked like when he was introduced.

51ayvLGdfLL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

His only trick was that his bullets were Kryptonite tipped, which was referenced in the movie. That was all. If they changed him later after I stopped reading comics, I have no idea.
It has its critics, but I love that post-Crisis John Byrne run on Superman. Worth checking out if you are a comic reader and aren't familiar with it.

I had no idea Polka Dot Man was a real character in the comics cause that was way before my time.

When I saw the first trailer, I got excited cause I thought he was Dr. Spectro, who is a special character for me and my brothers for a dumb inside joke reason.

doctor-spectro-daa6774f-ef0e-432d-8c43-19be5da8427-resize-750.jpeg

Totally agree on the guy who got his face blown off, SO satisfying to see that actor taken out of the movie so quickly, lol. Though having said that even in a movie full of idiots that guy STILL seemed inexplicably stupid. Announcing in front of everyone that he sold out the team when he knows that Waller is watching his every move in real time with her finger hovering over the kill switch? How did he think that would work out even if he *didn't* get blown away by the oncoming soldiers? :cuckoo:
Initially I thought it was just a dumb idea/tactic he came up with on the spur of the moment to get the unseen soldiers to reveal their position. Later it seemed apparent that Waller sold out that group so that her "A" team could land elsewhere undetected. Maybe she used him to relay the attack plan?

Initially I thought it was just a dumb idea/tactic he came up with on the spur of the moment to get the unseen soldiers to reveal their position. Later it seemed apparent that Waller sold out that group so that her "A" team could land elsewhere undetected. Maybe she used him to relay the attack plan?
I suppose, but then it would seem strange that she put Flagg with the group that was meant to get killed/captured only to then order the other group to temporarily pause the main mission to rescue him.

I was a bit annoyed that Crazy Quilt and Calendar Man didn't make it, but they are probably being saved for the sequel.
Calendar Man was in it. It was Gunn's bro that said Polka Dot Man was stupid. He had the months on his forehead.

I suppose, but then it would seem strange that she put Flagg with the group that was meant to get killed/captured only to then order the other group to temporarily pause the main mission to rescue him.
That whole sequence was dumb. Dumb guy announcing to everyone what he did, tough guy Savant all of a sudden running away, Flagg running away and just happens to avoid the ambush, Cap Boomerang wasted. The whole sequence felt weird.

Back