Suicide Squad 2 to be directed by James Gunn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can they just kill Harley already? I am tired of her dumb, uber killing machine character.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Should have known Gunn would enjoy his rats, weasel and moms. :monkey4

I saw this last night in IMAX and really enjoyed it. I haven't seen every movie in the DCEU, including the first Suicide Squad, so getting me to the theater opening night for one of them is no small feat.
That being said, I laughed and had a good time for 2 hours. That's all I was hoping for.
And though King Shark may be seen as "pointless", I absolutely love the big dummy. I have his Walmart exclusive figure standing on my desk, and I smile very time I look at him.

Hmm I definitely can't agree with that. Despite the four hour run time I was eager to immediately watch ZSJL again after finishing it the first time. This one I agree with jye is a one and done.
/\ THIS /\

And i’m not even hating on this movie that 3rd act was rambunctious fun but ultimately it does nothing for me.

At least SS1 had the better super sexy version of Harley that I prefer

I find her to be unattractive in her solo movie and this one.

If I want 80’s style gore I would rather revisit Toxic Avenger or Robocop then this again.

If I want 80’s action against a cartel gang I would rather just watch Commando or Predator again before this movie.

This movie loses out on repeat viewings no matter what i’m searching for.

Can they just kill Harley already? I am tired of her dumb, uber killing machine character.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Yeah Boomerang is the one Jai Courtney character I've ever enjoyed, lol.

Spoiler Spoiler:
I actually enjoyed the rats taking him down it worked for me.

But why didn’t she just do it earlier…..so dumb.

Last edited:
/\ THIS /\

And i’m not even hating on this movie that 3rd act was rambunctious fun but ultimately it does nothing for me.

At least SS1 had the better super sexy version of Harley that I prefer

I find her to be unattractive in her solo movie and this one.

If I want 80’s style gore I would rather revisit Toxic Avenger or Robocop then this again.

If I want 80’s action against a cartel gang I would rather just watch Commando or Predator again before this movie.

This movie loses out on repeat viewings no matter what i’m searching for.
Yep and for stupid lewd superhero crap I'd rather watch Deadpool 2. This movie was unique in giving us a truly nasty yet fun Kaiju sequence but I'm not gonna bother with all the other crap on repeat viewings just to get there. As for Harley's look her opening outfit was so cool and then they put her in that dumb dress for the rest of the movie.

I actually enjoyed the rats taking him down it worked for me.

But why didn’t she do it earlier….so dumb.
I was thinking a Bloodsport supergun would be utilized. Oh well.

I thought it was funny that

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yep and for stupid lewd superhero crap I'd rather watch Deadpool 2. This movie was unique in giving us a truly nasty yet fun Kaiju sequence but I'm not gonna bother with all the other crap on repeat viewings just to get there. As for Harley's look her opening outfit was so cool and then they put her in that dumb dress for the rest of the movie.
I think the baby scene is what turned off a lot of people on that film. Funny or not, I don't think people want to think of that in their superhero movie. The pedo mutant facility talk was already enough.

I think the baby scene is what turned off a lot of people on that film. Funny or not, I don't think people want to think of that in their superhero movie. The pedo mutant facility talk was already enough.
Well I've never revisited Deadpool 2 again either but I'm just saying I'd rather revisit it than Suicide Squad. :lol

Clearly they have nothing I want to see. :)

I'll give this a go. As long as King Shark isn't Bane.... Boooooomb! Oh wait. He is! Birrrrrd!
I hear you. All I've watched from WB this year aside from the Snyder Cut has been Kong vs Godzilla and that movie where Angelina Jolie was playing a forest ranger fighting bad guys in the woods.

I do recommend that you give Suicide Squad a watch but I predict that after a week or so this thread will disappear off the front page never to return again, lol.

Hmm I definitely can't agree with that. Despite the four hour run time I was eager to immediately watch ZSJL again after finishing it the first time. This one I agree with jye is a one and done.

I thought JL, in either version, was long winded and boring. There was nothing in it to make me watch it again - was hard enough getting through it the first time.

TSS doesn't have any pretentions. It just sets out to be irreverent, like a live action continuation of the Harley Quinn cartoon. It's a juvenile combination of low brow humour and gore.

Since I'll never watch any version of JL again, TSS is infinitely more watchable by default. :wink1:

It is funny how movies can be more favorable in the lewd, gross and humor category over a full on serious movie. Feige knows that his films require humor in some fashion.

Back